HEAD OF ADMINISTRATION -SALES SUPPORT
Salary £45-55000 (Dependent on Experience) Car Allowance Bonus Benefits
Location: East Midlands
Commutable from Northampton, Wellingborough, Newport Pagnell, Moulton, Rothwell, Rushden, Higham Ferrers, Stony Stratford, Cranfield, Brixworth, Rugby, Daventry, Crick, Milton Keynes, Bedford, Kettering, Towcester, Market Harborough, Leicester, Coventry, Corby, Banbury, Brackley,
A great career development opportunity for an experienced Administrative Support Team Leader, Supervisor or Manager to join a high growth and key player within the financial services sector as Head of Administration - Sales Support. Our client is experiencing unprecedented growth and expansion of its operations. You will lead a team of sixteen engaged in administrative and secretarial support to a large cross functional and executive team including sales, legal, finance, credit and underwriting, HR and Recruitment.
As Head of Administration - Sales Support, you will be
· Responsible for delivering service and operational excellence through leading, motivating and developing the administration team to achieve team targets and individual objectives within a time sensitive environment.
· You will drive a continuous improvement ideology through collaborative engagement across business areas. This will support standardisation, simplicity, consistency, and quality for customers.
· Manage the prioritisation of tasks and workflow throughout the sales support and administration team.
· Assist with recruitment for the department including planning for probation and initial support for new employees
· Training, mentoring and coaching individuals to ensure that their knowledge and skill levels are appropriate to carry out their administrative and secretarial duties
· Lead by example in displaying the most accurate and effective methods of carrying out the essential team tasks
· Manage the training requirements of the team including the implementation of any new processes and procedures
· Manage the performance of individuals by utilising monthly one to one feedback sessions and providing individuals with objectives and personal development plans in line with standards
· Monitor and manage staff performance / conduct, up to and including investigation stage
· Manage the daily workloads, plan resource, and set individual and team targets to ensure SLAs, targets objectives are achieved
· Process transactions and make decisions in line with the agreed mandates
· Motivate individuals and the team to generate a positive, working environment and produce work of a high standard
· Review the quality of the work produced by the team by completing monthly auditing in line with the quality assurance framework. If required followed up by structured coaching
· Produce regular MI reflecting the teams' performance to support and monitor objective performance
· Consistently apply the HR procedures including absence management procedures to minimise/control absence levels within the team
· Assist with implementing change in a manner that maintains / enhances performance levels.
· Drive efficiencies through identifying process failings and suggesting appropriate improvements
The Ideal Candidate:
· Educated to minimum A level/BTEC HNC/HND or University Degree
· Current and recent experience in a supervisory, team leadership or managerial role within administrative/secretarial or sales support
· Experience leading a team processing financial documentation in a time sensitive environment would be key to success.
· Experience as a Senior Paralegal or Legal secretary or within Financial Services such as Retail Banking, Asset Finance, Loans, Professional Services, Mortgages or Conveyancing administrative support would be advantageous
· Experience within finance documentation related administration such as financial services, fleet & vehicles leasing, legal, mortgages or conveyancing or asset finance or loans or professional services would be advantageous but not essential and experience gained in other fast paced sales support/administration environments would be considered.
· A confident communicator, used to operating as an indispensable part of a very busy leadership team, ensuring that your administration team support the sales team and other functions to convert and process sales, proposals and contracts ensuring excellent customer service.
· An excellent professional manner and presentation will be a prerequisite as you will operating at senior leadership and board level internally and externally will be communicating with external partners such as financial institutions and suppliers.
· Confident and proactive manner.
· Professional with excellent people management, development, coaching and mentoring experience.
· A performance manager who understands an individual's ambitions, motivations, training needs, strengths, and development areas effectively
· Experience of training and coaching an administration team to be the best they can be.
· Excellent presentation skills as you will be liaising at senior management and executive level.
· Excellent time management, planning, problem solving skills
· Very PC literate to ensure that your team deliver a timely and accurate service when it comes to preparing documentation.
· A great reputation for leading a sales support/administration team renowned for accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail.
· You will be a self-starter, proactive and solutions driven.
· A team player used to a fast-paced deadline driven commercial/sales environment.
In return our client offers a very competitive salary, a car allowance, an annual bonus and a range of other benefits and social/team events.