SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR - CIVIL ENGINEERING - RAIL & INFRASTRUCTURE CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS
"Degree educated Senior Quantity Surveyor for regional civil engineering sector role covering rail & highways construction projects."
Salary: £Competitive Car Bonus Blue Chip Benefits
Location: Wales/South West Region
Our client is market leader within the civil engineering sector specialising in rail and highways construction projects. This is an excellent regional career development opportunity for a degree educated Senior Quantity Surveyor to further deploy their leadership experience in the management of a small team of Quantity Surveyors. You and your team will support projects in the South West and Wales area. You will inspire, coach, mentor and develop your team. The successful applicant will have experience gained as a Senior Quantity Surveyor within the civil engineering, rail and/or highways construction, upgrade and improvement sector.
As Senior Area Quantity Surveyor you will be used to working cross functionally and, in the region, travelling visiting rail or highways construction, improvement, upgrade schemes and projects.
As a senior member of the regional team, you will work cross functionally with commercial and operational colleagues and external stakeholders to ensure that targets are achieved leading to the overall delivery of commercial strategy in relation to highways construction, improvement and upgrade schemes and projects.
Reporting to the Managing Quantity Surveyor you will be engaged in the following:
- The measurement, preparation and submission of valuations with a view to maximising financial returns under the provisions of the Contract Conditions and Company procedures.
- Lend contractual expertise to QS, Commercial and Operational colleagues
- Identify and implement best practice cross the business
- Monitoring and managing the procurement of control of sub contract works
- Work with credit department and ensure timely cash collection.
- Preparing and finalising month end accounts in line with management procedures
The Ideal Candidate:
- Preferably BSc degree qualified (Quantity Surveying)
- MRICS preferred
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience
- Currently undertaking a Senior Quantity Surveying role within the civil engineering, rail or highways construction, rail/highways improvement, rail/highways upgrade schemes and projects sector. This is a prerequisite for the successful applicant for this role.
- We are not seeking applicants from any other type of construction sector on this occasion only Senior Quantity Surveyors from civil engineering and infrastructure projects sector
- Must have experience of leading, managing and coaching a team of Quantity Surveyors.
- Experience of undertaking a regional multi-site role will be essential to success in this role.
- Experience in NEC3/JCT/ICE forms of contract useful but not essential
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and influence people at all levels.
- Confident when working autonomously.
- Strong, inspirational, leader with a coaching and mentoring style.
- Good problem-solving skills and creative flair.
- Excellent organisational and resource planning skills.
Applicants need to be commercially aware, highly motivated, computer literate and profit focused with the ability to communicate at all levels, demonstrate a methodical and analytical approach to their work. You will integrate and add value to our market leading client's busy and successful team. You will be passionate about safety. You will demonstrate the drive and ambition to succeed.
To apply without delay, please email your CV, quoting reference LX 957139