You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Assistant Warehouse Manager -Manufacturer & Distributor
ASSISTANT WAREHOUSE MANAGER - MANUFACTURER & DISTRIBUTOR
£Competitive Bonus Benefits
Commutable from Avonmouth, Weston-super-Mare, Bristol, Gloucester, Portishead, Nailsea, Clevedon, Severn Beach, Patchway, Easton in Gordano
Based in Avonmouth, our client is a leading manufacturer of highly quality specialised components and fittings to customers worldwide.
They are looking for an experienced Assistant Warehouse Manager to work closely with the Warehouse Manager within a busy fast-paced warehouse and co-ordinating the flow of finished products to its UK, European and overseas client base as well as raw materials into the manufacturing process across 2 local sites.
- Work closely with the Warehouse Manager, deputise in his absence and co-ordinate the day-to-day activities of the warehouse team under the Warehouse Manager's direction.
- Assist with managing the inventory, flow, and storage of finished and ready to pick product, inbound and outbound shipments, and inter-company shipments between the 2 sites
- Work closely with the Warehouse Manager to pick and pack products to specific customer orders and bespoke packaging requirements including assist with the completion of all relevant documentation
- Liaise with transport and freight forwarding contractors and assist with loading outbound shipments to clients and receive inbound shipments from suppliers
- Work with the production and sales team to co-ordinate and control the movement of all inventory and on-site materials to include packaging and finished product range
- Assist with the management of stock and storage facilities in an organised manner and ensure adherence to all company policies and procedures and good manufacturing practices and safety standards.
- This is a hands-on role so you will be involved in assisting day to day operations including the operation of forklift trucks from time to time
- Minimum of 2 years warehouse/warehousing/logistics/distribution/production experience as an assistant manager, supervisor, coordinator, team leader or similar role in a fast-paced logistics/manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 2 years proven experience co-ordinating stock/inventory and order reconciliation
- Trained to operate counterbalance forklift truck desirable
- Ability to multi-task and co-ordinate a team of permanent and agency packing staff within the warehouse
- Excellent communication skills
- Be able to take initiative and are solutions orientated
- Highly organised and flexible with a positive attitude