You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Mechanical Craftsperson / Maintenance Engineer
MECHANICAL CRAFTSPERSON / MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
East Lothian, Scotland
£Very Competitive Benefits Relocation Assistance
Commutable from: Edinburgh, Berwick upon Tweed, Dunbar, North Berwick, Haddington, East Linton, Musselbergh, South Queensferry, Livingston, Dalkeith, Bonnyrigg, Bathgate, Glasgow, Coatbridge
Our client is a division of a large and well-respected FTSE 100 international group operating a processing and manufacturing facility at a plant in East Lothian. The sector is currently undergoing growth with major national projects underway.
An opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Craftsperson/Maintenance Engineer to join our client's multi-functional day work maintenance team. The role is an integral part in the operation of the plant. The plant is currently undergoing a major investment programme in plant and equipment, which you will be involved. Opportunities for advancement are excellent.
The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking plant maintenance to ensure reliability of all fixed plant. You will also be required to assist team members in all aspects of plant operation as the needs of the business require. You will also ensure that the mechanical maintenance schedule is adhered to meet the demands of the plant as part of the mechanical execution team, whilst also responding to any additional tasks that may arise around the site.
Plant and equipment typically consist of rotating equipment, conveyors, crushers, mills, kilns, overhead cranes, high voltage motors, pneumatics, hydraulics, fans centrifuges and drives etc.
* Conducting work based on the plant maintenance schedule, whilst being able to respond to mechanical repairs if required. Ensure the maintenance schedule is adhered to and targets are met.
* To liaise with other teams to ensure effectiveness of work carried on all tasks.
* Assist with additional mechanical maintenance to positively impact on plant reliability.
* Ensure compliance with all relevant statutory legislation and the internal company safety, health and environmental standards though a proactive approach to maintaining a safe working environment.
* Complete an ongoing individual development plan with a view to developing yourself within the maintenance department.
* Time served mechanical engineering craft apprentice or HNC Mechanical Engineering, though not essential, or equivalent experience
* Broad based and proven mechanical experience in a continuous process/or manufacturing industry
* Slinging and Rigging is useful
* Multi-skilled engineering maintenance is useful
* Welding and gas cutting competence is useful
* Knowledge and understanding of health, safety, and environmental issues
* Knowledge of equipment isolation procedures is essential
* Flexible, self-motivated, and possessing a positive attitude in your approach to work
* A commitment to maintaining and improving health, safety and environmental standards is essential
* The company is committed to developing people so you must be willing to undertake departmental legislative training