FREIGHT & LOGISTICS COORDINATOR -FMCG
"Excellent career development opportunity for an experienced, ambitious and proactive logistics import and export and freight forwarding specialist to join a premier IT Distributor in a highly critical, fast moving, supply chain customer service delivery role."
C£30-33000 (Dependent On Experience) Benefits
Commutable from: Rochdale, Heywood, Bury, Oldham, Middleton, Chadderton, Prestwich, Radcliffe, Ramsbottom, Milnrow
Our client has more than two decades of experience as a premier international IT distributor, handling the delivery of leading technology hardware brands including servers, storage, networking, power, and 3D printers from its distribution centres in the UK and Germany. They have a reputation for exceeding customer expectations providing Same Day, Next Day Europe, and International shipping.
As a result of excellent business growth our client is seeking to strengthen its supply chain and logistics team with the appointment of a proactive Freight & Logistics Coordinator who prides themselves on working collaboratively within internal colleagues in the UK and Germany and external freight forwarding partners to deliver exceptional levels of OTIF customer service excellence.
To succeed as Freight & Logistics Coordinator within this fast-paced environment you will be a confident, calm, highly visible, extremely well organised, influential and positive "can do" personality.
* An "end to end" passion or logistics. From labels to complex international supplies to export licenses. A "get the job done" attitude working with all levels of the business from the sales team to directors of the business.
* Maintain and develop inbound / outbound freight relationships into / from Europe and internationally.
* Ensure rates are competitive considering value-added services in line with environmental targets and efficiency improvements.
* Providing internal support and guidance concerning logistic options and costs.
* Work closely with warehouse teams in the UK and Germany and other group business to support the freight and logistics requirements.
* Working closely with key logistics partners such as UPS, DPD, DHL, Kuehne & Nagel, various freight forwarders and freight brokers.
* Dealing directly with clients, customs, and agents to ensure the quickest and best movement of cargo throughout the world.
* Prepare documents necessary to complete export, import and customs clearance process. Track and trace cargo as necessary to insure proper movement and delivery.
* Communicate with customers regarding disposition of Freight (i.e. tracking & tracing, routing & dispatching, and rate quotations).
* Communicate & correspond with other group companies and agents for customer satisfaction and ensure excellent service execution.
* Seek the most profitable mode of shipment yet meet customer's requirement for the movement of freight.
The Ideal Candidate will possess the following qualification, skills and experience:
* Well educated - minimum A level/HNC/HND/Degree level or equivalent NVQ level 3-4
* Demonstrable knowledge of warehouse and logistics processes and systems.
* Experience of large ERP systems software such as MS Navision.
* Experience working with 3PL/third party logistics service providers.
* In-depth knowledge of import and export procedures and compliance requirements for global trading.
* Great relationships with the main carriers / freight forwarders in UK, EU, international as well as Germany, with the ability to conduct freight tenders to ensure cost effective pricing and high service levels
* The ability to plan multiple complex and varied projects and to lead cross-function teams to deliver agreed targets.
* Excellent interpersonal, analytical and communication skills at all levels and the ability to challenge effectively.
* High level of drive and enthusiasm and the ability to motivate and inspire both internal and external contacts to achieve excellent performance.
* Capable of continually re-prioritising focus and resource with early identification of challenges and the proposal of their solutions.
* Outward looking and ability to recognise new opportunities for growth by awareness of the ever-changing external environment.
* Knowledge of international trade regulations. HMRC import/ export declarations
* European and Northern Ireland knowledge of export.
* Continuously remaining up to date with relevant changes within the regulations and systems concerned with the importing and exporting of goods
* In depth understanding of freight movement processes whether by sea, air or road.
* CMR / Bills of lading / Certificate of origin
* B2B Experience
* Fluency in German would be highly advantageous.
To apply without delay, please email your CV t quoting reference LX 876674