PROJECT MANAGER - (EPC) ENGINEERING & PROJECTS - HIGH HAZARD/HIGH INTEGRITY ENVIRONMENT
C£62000 (DOE) Excellent Benefits
Our client is a global player with the high hazard and high integrity energy and power generation sector. Its project portfolio projects ranges from £50 million to in excess of £500 million. Its Engineering and Projects division supports Group project services across sites in the UK and mainland Europe.
The Project Manager (EPC) will provide subject matter expertise across the engineering projects portfolio. This is a direct delivery project management role.
Reporting to a Programme Manager, the Project Manager (EPC) Engineering and Projects will provide excellence in driving the delivery of capital projects across its large UK facility. The Project Manager (EPC) will be assigned a portfolio of projects varying in size and complexity, each of strategic significance.
This role will cover the full project lifecycle from project set up, initiation through to project delivery stages and closure. The Project Manager (EPC) will be fully accountable to deliver assigned projects to budget.
The role of Project Manager (EPC) has multiple stakeholders, internal and external customers, interfacing across the whole group and this on occasion may require travel to mainland Europe to assist with projects.
Specifically, the Project Manager (EPC) Engineering & Projects will:
· Actively promote a proactive safety culture, be a role model throughout the project lifecycle across the Group.
· Advise, consult and provide feedback in the development and evolvement of the Group's Project Delivery Strategy, aligned to delivery of objectives and strategy across the capital expenditure portfolio.
· Overall responsibility for the delivery of projects to meet safety, scope, cost, schedule and business benefit targets.
· Communicate strategy, objectives and benefits to business unit and Group whilst implementing organisational strategy to achieve maximum business benefit.
· Develop a high-performance team, ensuring flawless integration of sub disciplines and functions throughout the project lifecycle.
· Foster and enhance owner relationships with subcontractors and vendors.
· Ensure our client's commercial position is robustly protected through the application of industry best practice in contracting strategies, supplier selection, procurement, contract negotiation and contract management.
The Ideal Candidate:
· University degree (or equivalent) in Engineering, Project Management, Construction or similar.
· At least three years' experience in a fully accountable technical project management role actively leading EPC project (or as a project owner).
· Full project lifecycle management experience from concept development, initiation through to closeout/handover.
· Demonstrable experience of accountability for a complex, multi contract, multi discipline project(s) in a lead EPC role or owner role.
· A project management qualification such as APM or PMI or Chartered Project Project Professional (ChPP).
· Awareness of contracting methodologies such as NEC3, NEC4 etc
· On site construction experience.
· Experience of managing multi-cultural teams within a matrix pan European environment.
· Demonstrable success in project delivery in multiple industries would be highly advantageous.
All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and will be subject to security clearance.