PRODUCTION TEAM LEADER
"Enthusiastic Production Team Leader with experience in production operations within a manufacturing environment sought by a market-leading business that designs and manufactures industrial power control products."
Salary £25000 Benefits
Location: Southport, Merseyside
Commutable from Liverpool, Warrington, St Helens and Wigan.
Our client is one of the UK's leading designers and manufacturers of Industrial Power Control Products. Boasting a product range of over 400 products, they have a standard product range covering the majority of power control applications. However, where the customer has specific requirements they can provide bespoke design solutions. Their products are sold into a wide variety of industry sectors and market segments, including end users, distributors, contractors and OEMs, across more than 88 countries.
The role of Production Team Leader would suit someone with experience in production operations in the manufacturing environment. They would ideally have inspirational and strong leadership qualities, with excellent interpersonal, influencing, coaching and negotiating skills, and would be self-motivated and passionate about sustaining standards as a base from which to improve. Vitally, they would need to demonstrate ambition, self-confidence, a strong desire to achieve results and the ability to get things done.
* Ensure production operations are carried out at an effective efficiency standard and that the production schedule is achieved
* Ensure team members are deployed and supervised effectively
* Ensure operating standards are closely monitored and any necessary changes are initiated
* Ensure team members are effectively coached to achieve improved performance
* Guarantee a continuous improvement culture and always ensure good morale is promoted
* Keep team members actively involved in communications and the development of improvement initiatives
* Ensure team members are appraised and training and development needs are identified
* Ensure team members and own operations satisfy Health, Safety and Environment and Quality standards
* Guarantee that cover is provided in the absence of other Team Leaders
* Ensure recommendations to plant, equipment and working practices are developed and effectively communicated to management
* Carry out any other duties deemed appropriate by the Manufacturing Manager
The Ideal Candidate:
* Has an NVQ2 In Team Leader / Management (preferred)
* Is Time and Motion Study QualifiedExperienced
* Has Standard Operating Procedure reporting experience
* Is an articulate written and verbal communicator
* Has the ability to effectively build and manage relationships
* Values strong team work
* Has a professional and positive attitude with a good work ethic
* Has a hands-on approach and attitude
* Values strong team work
In return our client offers a competitive base salary plus benefits.