MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEERS - STAINLESS STEEL FOOD PACKAGING & FILLING MACHINERY
"Great opportunity for CAD/Solid Works mechanical design engineers with experience of designing stainless steel food manufacturing and packaging equipment/machinery"
£32-35000 Bonus Benefits
Our client is a well-established designer and manufacturer of custom food packaging and processing machinery focused on the semi fluid dairy and pharmaceutical sectors. Its customers include market leading and multinational food manufacturers and processors located in the UK and Middle East.
As a result of continued growth, they now require 3-4 Mechanical Design Engineers. The roles are offered on a permanent and interim contract basis.
Design of bespoke food packaging and filling machinery. The role is located in Cheshire however on occasion you may be required to accompany Technical Sales Engineers to visit customer sites across the UK to undertake site surveying as part of the design process.
* Support the Sales Team with enquiries by creating 3D layout drawings and assisting with costing of machinery, estimates and proposals.
* Design of machinery including, but not limited to, Inline/rotary filling machines, Conveyors, Vibratory equipment, cappers/date coders.
* Site surveying with visits to Customer sites inside and (infrequently) outside of the UK.
* Prepare detailed 3D and 2D models, layouts, assemblies, and detailed drawings.
* Design and detail for manufacture.
* Some commissioning of equipment after installation.
* Undertake Risk assessment as part of the design and site surveying process
* Support manufacturing of machines with detailed designs
* Educated to HNC/HND/Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
* Proficient with Inventor 2D & 3D
* Experience in the use of SolidWorks
* Current/previous experience in the design of food systems / equipment or pharmaceutical equipment
* Ideally, you will have a background in stainless steel fabrication techniques
* Awareness of hygienic standards and design of equipment
* Knowledge of electrical, pneumatics and hydraulics
* Project Management experience
* Site surveying experience
* Knowledge of electrical drives, actuators, and sensors advantageous
* Knowledge of PLCs and machine control systems a distinct advantage
Support manufacture of machines
* Must hold a valid UK driving licence and passport
Must be willing and able to travel
* A UK citizen with permanent right to work and reside in the UK, as our client is unable to sponsor visas for this position.