BUYER- ENGINEERING/CAPITAL & DECOMMISSIONING PROJECTS
"Graduate calibre high potential sought for accelerated career development programme as an engineering buyer/project procurement senior buyer within global energy leader."
C£30-40000 (Dependent on Experience) Excellent Benefits
Location: North West
Commutable from Ellesmere Port, Mold, Wrexham, Birkenhead, Wallasey, Chester, Warrington, Runcorn, Widnes, Liverpool, Crewe, Knutsford, Macclesfield, South Manchester, Wigan, Newton le Willows, Leigh, Heywood, Skelmersdale.
This is an exciting career development opportunity for a degree educated and ambitious procurement professional seeking the next step on the ladder within a global multinational energy environment. Our client is a multi-site manufacturing/processing and complex matrix organisation.
Our client has an opportunity for a Buyer to join its capital and decommissioning projects procurement management team.
Specifically, you will provide direct support to the Capital Projects Procurement Management team with the completion of existing contractual requirements as well as providing procurement support to the development of waste management and decommissioning capabilities.
This role will offer accelerated career development to a self-starter with lots of initiative, drive and ambition, keen to learn and to build the skills and technical procurement capabilities to progress on a fast track to Senior Buyer within the capital projects arena. Our client will support your CIPS studies as well as offering you lots of other training and development to enhance your career.
An interest in and some previous experience of capital projects procurement, as a Buyer, within civil and general building disciplines of construction would be a good foundation for this role. Some previous experience of drafting and executing model form contracts, such as the management of term and framework contractors will be very useful. Our client will provide extensive training.
- Manage the delivery of capital project buying activity for planned spend opportunities within defined contractual spend levels throughout the capital and decommissioning project lifecycles.
- Ensure products and services are purchased in the most cost- and time-efficient manner, delivering 'agile' solutions to implement and ensure purchasing best practices
- Manage transactional negotiating and buying activities and support wider strategic procurement management including raising purchase orders in line with SAP P2P.
- Prepare RFQ's, evaluate, re-tender, renegotiate or extends contracts and suppliers in order to facilitate tactical and strategic sourcing with relevant stakeholders.
- Use of eProcurement tools to assist in the development of detailed business needs analysis for use by Procurement Managers.
- Assist with the commercial management of procurement contracts working in liaison with Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors & Cost Engineers throughout capital and decommissioning project lifecycles.
- Assist in the development and execution of detailed tender documentation for engineering, decommissioning and waste management projects ranging in size and complexity.
- Assist with the development of supply chain strategies and value delivery plans for allocated categories of spend across the capital and decommissioning projects landscape.
- Identification of savings targets, baseline agreements and methodologies for reporting purposes.
- Reporting on forecasts, actuals, annualised and cumulative savings figures.
Assisting with the delivery of actual value savings in line with agreed forecasts and contractual parameters.
- Assist with risk analysis of key areas of the supply chain and asset base to establish demand pipeline and drive value delivery targets.
The Ideal Candidate:
- University degree educated
- Part or Fully Qualified MCIPS or willing to study.
- Experience gained within a multinational, corporate and regulated environment such as utilities, nuclear, energy, power generation, aerospace, construction, pharmaceutical, engineering, capital intensive industry, public sector OJEU environments if combined with private sector procurement experience.
- At least 18 months procurement experience in a buyer role within Direct or Indirect Spend area, Manufacturing, CAPEX, Civils, Minor Works, Capital Projects, Engineering, Facilities Management, General Building Projects, Construction arena.
- Some experience of assisting with the preparation and execution of model form contracts and the management of term and framework contractors highly advantageous but training will be provided.
- An understanding of category management principles and a working knowledge of SAP processes and functionality across the procurement process and integration with other functions.
- Some experience of supplier management including implementation of supplier management programmes with key suppliers would be highly advantageous.
- Confidence and capability to influence at all levels of the organisation through strong relationship management.
- Excellent analytical, research, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent team working ability, particularly with suppliers and procurement and category managers.
- Ability to develop and manage strong relationships both internally and externally (e.g. suppliers).
- Highly motivated with a drive for results - performance focused.
Our client offers excellent development and the opportunity to make a real difference in a complex and challenging business that really values its people