Project/Programme Manager - Precision Engineering & Tooling
"Great opportunity for high performing Project/Programme Manager to take the lead on complex tooling design and development contract for global oil service exploration multinational."
C£55000 Bonus Excellent Benefits
Our client is long-established company with a world leading reputation for precision subcontract machining in sectors as diverse as oil and gas / nuclear / automotive / semiconductor and subsea telecommunications. They have a world leading reputation for the design, development and build of deep hole drilling machines, cutting tools and as a provider of precision subcontract machining. As part of their continued growth, they have an exceptional opportunity for a high-performing Engineering Project/Programme Manager.
Working within the company's Subcontract division, as Project/Programme Manager, the successful candidate will be working within a dynamic engineering team taking the lead in managing projects/programmes for the development and manufacturing of very complex oil exploration tools for one of the world's largest oil service companies.
This is an outstanding opportunity to become part of a growing division with opportunity for personal growth and responsibility, ultimately becoming the key account holder for over half of our client's subcontract division's output.
This role will require occasional travel to customer sites in North America and Europe to further build and nurture relationships.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Engineering professional who can multitask and lead multiple programmes to launch high quality precision engineered drilling and tooling solutions for the oil service from concept and design through to order fulfilment, continually building upon our client's industry standard leading reputation It has well established programme management, new product design and development, product testing and advanced engineering and R & D. Everything is custom manufactured to its customers' product specifications.
* As Project/ Programme Manager you will assume full account management ownership for a major oil service exploration sector customer.
* You will take the lead in decisions of design and manufacture, creating processes, production paperwork, spreadsheets and CAD drawings ensuring that manufacturing processes are safe, lean and efficient.
* You will also get involved in 2d and 3d design of fixturing and tooling as well as creating Bills of Materials and working with MRPs.
* Furthermore, you will be responsible for ordering materials to the correct specification and liaising with shipping facilitators ensure that orders are expedited and correctly certificated before shipping.
* You will also be responsible for planning, product realisation, cross functional influencing both internally and externally, transition into production and budget management, as well as key account relationship management and growth, and cost management.
* You will manage several key projects, focusing a high performing, multi-disciplinary programme management teams of partners and engineering colleagues from across the organisation, to launch new products, improving performance, and achieving total customer satisfaction.
* The successful Project/Programme Manager will be able to "see the wood for the trees", multitask, prioritise resources and work closely with program team members to ensure that project goals are met, assisting with decision making, advising on process improvement and adjustment, whilst mitigating project issues that could impact the end goal.
The Ideal Candidate:
· Strong analytical, problem solving, project management, customer service, written and verbal communication skills together with a focus on quality, will be critical to success.
· A Bachelor's degree in Engineering plus at least 5 years programme leadership experience including recent experience of managing project engineers and cross functional programme colleagues.
· Capability to manage multiple projects within budgetary and time constraints.
· Proven success in coaching and developing high performing project/program teams.
· Experience gained within precision engineered tooling sector - experience of drilling, boring, cutting or similar metal/CNC machined tooling would be highly advantageous.
· Advanced project management skills such as APQP or similar principles, methodologies and techniques will be essential.
· Experience working in a TS16949 / ISO9001 / ISO14001 environment advantageous
Knowledge of SolidWorks, FEA and Process Engineering.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to successfully partner with cross functional colleagues and clients internally and externally.
A strategic thinker with excellent planning and results delivery.
· Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
· Positive can-do attitude.
· Attention to detail and disciplined.
· Ability to work under strict deadlines.
· Excellent communication skills.
In return our client offers a competitive salary package plus bonus and benefits.