Salary US $100-140,000 Benefits
Location: North Carolina - relocation assistance available within the USA
Our client is a market leading specialty materials company focused on non-ferrous powders, granules, and pastes including aluminum, copper, tin and their alloys. The Company sells its technically developed products into a wide variety of end markets, including aerospace, additive manufacturing, chemical, specialty auto and numerous industrial applications. It has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Australia, Europe, and Asia.
We are seeking a Technology Manager reporting to the VP, Business & Technology to lead our client's R&D programs for the development of Advanced Aluminum & Copper Products. This role will focus on new alloy formulations and novel processing of non-ferrous metal powders to be deployed in technically demanding customer applications. This position will be based at our client's Research Center for Excellence and will require extensive collaboration with third party research partners, the sales team, business development staff and with key customer partners.
· Day to day management of 2-4 key new product development programs focused on advanced aluminum and copper material systems and advanced processing of metal powders into semi-finished or net shape products. Each new product development program will target long term $multimillion profitability generation per year.
· Leadership of a small research team of technicians/engineers that may include both direct and indirect reports.
· Direct management of new product development program resources to meet program deadlines and budgets.
· Planning and implementation of all aspects of new programs including creation of technical testing plans, coordinating installation of new test equipment, and coordination of external testing services.
· Continuous leadership mitigating new product environmental, health and safety (EHS) risks and team adherence to all EHS regulations and best practices.
· Active participation in new idea generation to feed the ongoing new product opportunity pipeline.
· Direct engagement with sales team, customers, and third-party collaboration partners to drive new product development programs to completion.
The Ideal Candidate:
· A US Citizen with right to live and work in the USA.
· Experience with Light Metal or Red Metal powders a very strong plus.
· Prior product development leadership experience.
· Professional acumen that can be built upon for broader leadership roles
· Established relationships with decision makers within Light Metal or Red Metal powder user community.
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering; advanced degrees are a plus.
· Minimum of 7 years' experience in product development, preferably in powder metallurgy or a field technically related to powder metallurgy.
· Demonstrated combination of skills that includes technical aptitude, program management, people leadership, and ability to collaborate with other internal and external stakeholders.
· Demonstrated ability to lead technical project teams that may include direct and matrix team members.
· Experience with written and oral technical communications, including demonstrated ability to write technical documents and present at technical conferences and for direct customer audiences.
· Ability to directly engage with customers or third-party researchers including.
· Proven track record of driving technical programs to completion as demonstrated by product or process launches.
· Understanding cost/profit drivers and the ability to collaborate with business development and finance teams to create business case justification for technical programs.
· Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
· Overall ability to demonstrate and foster a culture of integrity, achievement, and commitment to team success.