Research & Development Engineer - Advanced Materials Technology
$95000 Bonus Benefits
Acton, Massachusetts, USA
Our client is a world leader in coated fabrics and is looking for people who can make things happen; strive for continuous improvement, and like the challenges of a company which is growing.
They need an R&D Engineer who will work with the technology team to develop the next generation of materials that will maintain the company's position as the technical and cost leader in this market.
Overall responsibility is to develop formulations and products for Automotive Applications and should be capable of generating new concepts and develop products for commercialization.
* Team player who can collaborate with the members of the group and cross functional teams
* Evaluate and develop new Polymer compounds that will meet OEM requirements and customer performance requirements including safety applications in automotive interiors.
* Translate customer unmet needs to commercially successful products.
* Evaluate and benchmark raw materials, develop and maintain a tool box of formulations for various applications for automotive interiors
* Attend conferences, interface with suppliers staying ahead of technology and competitors and bring concepts to the team that are new, unique and environmentally and sustainable friendly.
* Work on the scale up of formulations, processes and concepts in manufacturing
* Develop prototypes or test procedures to mimic customer processes or failures.
* Hands-on and be able to support lab, pilot and production trials
* Available to work flexible schedules and willing to travel.
* BSc in Chemistry, Polymeric Materials, Chemical or Plastics Engineering a plus
* At least 3 years' experience demonstrated accomplishments in polymer and olefin chemistry/formulations
* Experience ofR & D/ research & development work with coatings, adhesives, coated fabrics, composites, chemicals preferred
* Organizational and time management skills, attention to detail and the ability to think on the go
* Coordinate and prioritize multiple projects and work under pressure
* Ability to do work autonomously and as part of a team.
* Organized, responsive, proactive team player, manage high-volume workload and stay focused on meeting project and customer objectives.
* Travel as needed.
Please note that this role is only open to US Citizens. Relocation is not available and therefore the role would be ideally suited to candidates who live within commuting distance of the role and who have their own car/transport.
To apply without delay, please email your CV quoting reference LX 1089389 Interviews will be conducted in Massachusetts North America by our US Consultant. www.martinveasey.com