You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Development Chemist - Peformance Polymers
DEVELOPMENT CHEMIST - PERFORMANCE POLYMERS
US $ 90-110,000 Bonus Benefits Relocation Assistance
Location: Essex County, Massachusetts - Relocation within the USA for US Citizens/Permanent Residents only
Our client is a very successful manufacturer of adhesives.
Their R&D organization needs a Development Chemist who will be responsible for the design, development, and scale-up of differentiated adhesive products, raw material qualifications, and overall daily project management with appropriate laboratory personnel and other cross-functional departments.
- Develop new methacrylate, polyurethane, and epoxy adhesive compositions for specific markets.
- Innovate with polymers, catalysts, modifiers, and monomers to fulfill unmet customer/application needs. Follow established ISO procedures and documentation utilizing Stage-Gate process.
- Scale up formulations from lab scale to mid- and full-size commercial batches.
- Design product specifications to maximize ease of manufacturing and customer application.
- Provide support for current products to maintain company reputation for quality and performance.
- Manage multiple projects independently and utilize analytical laboratory equipment as a team
- Work hands-on in the laboratory, manage the daily activities of a lab technician(s).
- Assist in training /direction of new personnel.
- Promote, support, and adhere to all safety, environmental, and quality policies and procedures.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- MSc or PhD Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science or related.
- 5 plus years' experience in adhesives development
- Hands-on scientist with excellent laboratory techniques and problem-solving ability.
- Strong computer, organizational, and destructive and mechanical testing skills
- Expertise with polymer testing equipment (DSC, TGA, Rheometer, Instron) highly preferred.
- Collaborative and excellent communication, organizational, analytical, and investigative skills.
- Must be able to travel occasionally.