SENIOR MANUFACTURING DIRECTOR – MOLECULAR DIAGNOSTIC TESTING TECHNOLOGIES
“Fantastic senior executive, multi-site, manufacturing operations leadership role for lean, Six Sigma, CI specialist, with track record of leading safe, effective and compliant cGMP production and with a strong insight into Quality and R & D processes.”
US $220-320,000 (Dependent on Experience) + Excellent Blue-Chip Benefits
Location: Chicago - Relocation Assistance offered to US Citizens only
Our client is a highly successful, award winning biotechnology company. It is experiencing dynamic growth. Our client develops, manufactures and markets innovative biological testing technologies for the diagnostic and life sciences sector. Its technologies enable vast numbers of biological tests (bioassays) to be conducted and analysed quickly, cost effectively and accurately. A critical technology during a global pandemic!
The role of Senior Manufacturing Director Molecular Diagnostic Testing offers a high degree of autonomy, responsibility and visibility as you will lead FDA regulated and cGMP compliant multi-site manufacturing operations. Educated to Master’s or PhD level in biological sciences or similar you will already possess a highly successful track record of operational excellence and lean, continuous improvement of manufacturing operations within diagnostics, medical devices or life sciences sector.
Specifically, you will be highly adept in the delivery of ambitious, strategic business plans, ensuring that your manufacturing operations are planned, resourced, equipped and budgeted to achieve cGMP compliant operational targets. Your operational management teams at all sites will be engaged, motivated, coached and empowered by your visionary leadership style. A strong influential relationship builder, your in-depth manufacturing operations management experience will ensure that you are a valued business partner and collaborator to colleagues in Quality and Research & Development ensuring design transfer and quality targets are continuously improved and achieved.
• Responsible for direction, planning, and performance of FDA regulated, cGMP, multi-site manufacturing operations and associated personnel
• Ensure that operations comply with corporate guidelines and procedures as well as supporting FDA regulatory requirements and applicable domestic and international standards
• Develop and execute plans and resource requirements to ensure production output per business plan
• Develop and implement strategic direction to the operation to ensure readiness for new product introductions
• Implement product and production changes necessary to ensure product availability, support, and compliance
• Plan and implement business process optimization and lean CI initiatives to eliminate waste and enhance control, responsiveness, and flexibility
• Pursue efficiency improvements and cost reduction efforts consistent with corporate goals
• Provide oversight of the production process and evaluate adequacy for proper regulatory reporting and/or product recalls
• Provide leadership for effective planning and delivery of global business process integration, improvement, and harmonization initiatives.
• Establish and drive execution to annual performance commitments aligned with Global Manufacturing and company objectives.
• Drive annual departmental capital, headcount, and expense budgeting requirements.
• Develop business system strategies and implementation.
• Ensure effective prioritization, investigation, and resolution of findings impacting the Manufacturing operation identified through audits, non-conformances, corrective/preventative actions, or customer complaint escalation.
• Collect, analyze, and present operational quality and performance data.
• Actively engage with cross-functional stakeholders and key business partners across company to effectively support the operation
The Ideal Candidate:
• A US Citizen/with US Citizenship – our client is not able to offer visa sponsorship however they are able to relocate US citizens, ideally those already in North America
• University degree educated to Master’s or PhD level in Biological Sciences or similar
• Extensive and consistent career history in cGMP manufacturing operations leadership gained within the diagnostics, medical devices or life sciences sector
• This experience would ideally be within world class lean, six sigma CI manufacturing operations within diagnostics, medical devices or life sciences.
• As a manufacturing operations leader you will be able to provide strong evidence of your visionary and inspirational leadership style. This will include evidence of hands on operational management, people engagement and development including significant change and operational improvement.
• You will already be familiar with working collaboratively as part of a senior executive leadership team including quality and R & D.
• You will also already be experienced in P & L management of multi-site manufacturing operations.
• In return our client offers a fantastic opportunity to play a key part in the growth of an award-winning company experiencing dynamic growth. Career progression to a global role makes this an even more attractive prospect for the right candidate. Our clients offers a very attractive salary and blue chip multinational benefits package dependent on experience including relocation assistance within North America for US Citizens.
To apply without delay, please email your CV for a confidential discussion, quoting reference LX 498709 to firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone 00 44 (0) 1905 381 320 www.martinveasey.com