You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
"Site Management/Production Operations leadership and management role for engineer with a track record of people development, engagement and continuous improvement leading to best-in-class OEE and safety."
c.£60000 , Bonus & Benefits
Essex, South East
Commutable from Romford, Basildon, Chigwell, Grays, Northfleet, Gravesend, Dartford, Brentwood, Chelmsford, Rayleigh, South Benfleet, Barking, Dagenham, Greenwich, Waltham Forrest, Hackney, Tilbury, Southend on Sea, Billericay, Harlow, Cheshunt, Waltham Abbey, Potters Bar, Havering, Hornchurch, Epping, Rochester, Gillingham, Chatham, Bromley, Chislehurst, Maidstone.
Our client, part of a global multinational, is a market leader.
They are seeking a Production Manager, ideally educated to degree standard in an engineering discipline or similar, to take the lead at one of its most successful production/manufacturing and processing plants located in Essex. The site employs c150 unionised staff.
The role reports to a Plant Manager. As Production Manager, you will help to develop and deliver an efficient, highly productive and quality driven manufacturing operation underpinned by a culture of continuous improvement, an excellent safety record and fully engaged site team. 70% of your time will be spent on the shop floor leading from the front and embedding a strong "one team" culture.
You will provide leadership, guidance and direction for manufacturing and production operations, ensuring sustainable performance aligned with strategic corporate objectives and delivery of business commitments. You will be responsible for optimising labour, site safety, material and equipment resources to maximise the Plant's production capability and meet customer expectations with excellent quality and service as the site takes on increased customer volumes.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong mechanical or electrical engineering and production background gained within the heavy processing industry. You will be a strong leader with the ability to challenge, drive, coach, inspire and motivate a team to become "best in class". You will also be an excellent problem solver, structured, systematic and logical with a track record of continuous improvement and excellent employee engagement.
- Operating a safe Production/Manufacturing Operation, continuously driving towards sustaining a positive safety and health culture.
- Develop a long-term vision for the plant.
- Provide exemplary leadership, setting demanding standards and driving high performance from the team.
- Build a customer focussed performance culture within the business and a climate to inspire the team to achieve world class performance and reliability.
- Ensure that the production commitments in terms of volume, deadlines, and product conformity are met.
- Ensure the plant complies with UK legislation, with specific regard to health & safety, environmental and employment laws.
- Be responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of the plant performance plan, plant team assessment and budget to achieve identified improvements.
- Ensure product quality meets agreed targets and ensure that plant capability is sustained through optimisation of the process.
- Manage the operating and capital budgets, maintaining a vigilant approach to reducing costs.
- Lead and manage change programmes with clear goals, drive and engagement, Drive for continuous improvement.
- Ensure positive working relations with employees and their representatives within the plant.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Ideally degree educated in Engineering or similar. Must understand engineering and business principles, mechanical and/or electrical engineering. Technical knowledge of manufacturing, and modern maintenance technology and methods will be integral to success and credibility in this role.
- Consistent multinational industry career history including existing or recent experience as a Production/Plant/Manufacturing Manager.
- Track record of people development, engagement, change, and continuous improvement leading to best-in-class OEE and safety standards.
- Experience in Project Management, business, and systems analysis highly advantageous but people management and leadership is key and foremost to success in this role.
- Experience of applying Lean or Continuous Improvement techniques highly advantageous.
- Track record of excellent team development and employee engagement in this context would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience of cross functional and multi-level interaction and working in a matrix organisation.
- Led & achieved results in a matrix environment, managing cross functionally.
- Proven skills and capabilities in leadership, communication, capability, collaboration and problem solving.
- Excellent experience of financial and budgetary management, the budgeting process and CAPEX business case approval process.
- Fluent Business English both verbal and written.
- Resilient, driven, results focused personality - a high achiever
In return our client offers a very competitive salary and benefits package, plus relocation assistance and the opportunity to make a real difference to a market leading operation at an exciting stage of its continued growth and development. Talent development and promotional prospects are excellent within this multinational organisation.
To apply, without delay, please email your CV, quoting reference LX 980544