"Senior Estimator to join Civil Engineering business specialising in roads, highways, marine and infrastructure projects."
Salary: £70-80000 car allowance benefits
Location: Warrington, Cheshire
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Estimator with experience in roads, highways, marine and infrastructure to join a civil engineering business based out of Warrington.
Senior Estimator - Roles and responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· Produce estimates and costs plans for multiple complex civil engineering projects from £5 to £50m
· Assess tender documentation requirements and present tender launch proposals
· Identify resources to complete the bid
· Identify potential risks and opportunities
· Compile comprehensive analytical net cost estimates for works including preliminary items in line with the Company's standards to win work
· Regular liaison with construction planners, design managers, bid managers, consultants and our supply chain to deliver innovative solutions and tender proposals
· Present net cost tenders for internal adjudication
· Conversion of estimates to tender submission
· Handover of successful tender information such that operational teams are suitably briefed
· Participate in post tender negotiations with Clients to secure individual projects
· Produce quantities from drawn information (an advantage)
Senior Estimator - The Candidate:
· Previous experience in Estimating with a main contractor (essential)
· Experience of tendering for civil engineering projects up to £25m
· Possess a strong understanding of construction technology and innovative techniques as well as understanding the commercial aspects of tendering
· Hold a relevant construction qualification at HND level or equivalent
· Ability to estimate from first principles
· Ability to work independently yet be part of an integrated team
· Ability to pro-actively and constructively challenge colleagues
· Motivated, flexible with a will to succeed
· This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Estimator to join an already established civil engineering business and have the opportunity to grow into a more senior role within a specified time span.
This major building contractor has business interests across mainstream building, Civil Engineering and Mechanical and Electrical installations. The Group encompasses a number of individual companies and subsidiaries, each with its own specific focus, resourced by staff with specialist skills. While each company operates independently, they are all intrinsically linked and regularly work closely together. This gives the Group the ability to successfully deliver a wide range of building projects, offering a seamless joined-up approach across all areas of expertise.