EUROPEAN EPC CAPITAL PROJECTS PROCUREMENT MANAGER
"Multilingual, Degree educated, Strategic EPC Capital Projects Contracting & Procurement Professional required by Global Energy Company"
€/£ Very Competitive (Dependent upon Experience) Excellent Blue-Chip Benefits
Location: UK or Germany or Netherlands (Hybrid Working)
Our client is a global player within the specialist energy, electricity, and power generation sector.
As part of a strategic transformation of the procurement function moving to a shared service and category management model across its global operating units, our client seeks to strengthen its team with the appointment of an innovative and creative contracting and procurement professional with a track record gained within FTSE 100/NYSE Top 100 or equivalent listed companies.
Specifically, we are seeking a European Strategic Capital Projects Contracting and Procurement Manager with experience of EPC procurement project management. You will be highly adept at delivering strategic contracting and procurement change programmes across different cultures within a highly regulated and best in class health and safety environment.
Working within a global shared service projects function, you will be dedicated to delivering excellence in EPC project lifecycle management from a strategic procurement perspective. Your focus will be multi year, $multi million capital investment programmes. You will work closely with a global projects' directorate and the global procurement director, to deliver excellence in project supply chain management. This will include development of EPC project procurement strategies through to supplier selection and contract development to post award contracts and claim management.
* Working closely with the global project function, global procurement teams and the executive board you will be responsible for procurement strategy development, defining the key success criteria, priorities and imperatives for the project and devise an appropriate supply chain and procurement strategy which delivers these requirements.
* Each project strategy will be bespoke and specific to the desired outcomes of the project while maintaining some consistency with non-negotiable elements of the global procurement strategy, governance models and company policies.
* Procurement strategy will detail value definition, opportunity development, supply chain execution and value creation, governance and value capture and mitigation of risk and value protection.
* From a procurement strategy execution perspective, you will assume responsibility for the creation and operational leadership of teams to deliver the Procurement Strategy. You will assume day to day accountability for the management of the project Procurement team to ensure delivery of the project requirements.
* To ensure procurement integration you will ensure that strategy and execution of project requirements both aligns and leverages existing category management plans where appropriate to the project.
* Furthermore, you will continuously scan the market from several industry sectors for best practice developments, assessing how they can be exploited by our client to further value creation, value delivery, value capture and value protection.
The Ideal Applicant:
* University Degree educated in Engineering or Science or similar plus Post Graduate level qualification in Procurement and/or Master's Degree. In addition, a project management qualification will be highly advantageous.
* At least 7-10 years consistent, fast track career development within a strategic global or pan European EPC contracting and procurement role within major capital investment or exploration programmes valued as a minimum at £/€250-300 million plus.
* Strategic EPC Contracting and Procurement experience gained within a FTSE 100, NYSE Top 100 or similar global organisation. This could include oil and gas, energy, utilities, mining and minerals exploration, or capital-intensive industrial manufacturing sectors such as steel or construction materials or hazardous industry sectors such as chemicals or nuclear. Candidates from other sectors such top 4 strategy consultancies, FMCG or pharmaceutical will also be considered if they are educated to university/Master's degree level.
* You will ideally be multilingual in English or Dutch or German, but this is not a prerequisite.
* You will be highly motivated to deliver change and transformation and your career to date will be characterised by your ability to engage cross functional teams and global/pan European procurement, engineering, and project management colleagues to achieve this.
* You will be experienced in preparing, presenting, and justifying business cases to main board/ExCom level.
* Experienced in analysing project requirements and developing critical success factors, translating these into bespoke Procurement Strategies
* Track record of delivering commercial capital procurement experience in pan European or global capital-intensive industry
* Adept at managing ambiguity, confidently taking accountability for creating a governance model, resource plan and delivery plan to meet project requirements
* Managing complex contractual relationships including the provision of free-issue materials, technology or IP and will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in managing suppliers to deliver within this context
* Experienced in the award and management of Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) contracts in the range of/up to c£500m.
* Excellent track record of building teams of highly performing professionals, conveying the strategy and vision to motivate and empower a team to take accountability for delivery of the project.
* Experienced in developing unique and bespoke fit-for-purpose commercial models for teams to deliver the appropriate outcomes for the project combined with a proven track record of performance management.
* Please note that this role is subject to security clearance so if you have security clearance for the UK, Netherlands or Germany please state this clearly on your application.
In return our client offers a very competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to develop your career within a market leader.
As an organisation dedicated to helping companies realise their full people potential, we understand the value a diverse workforce brings to every workplace. In everything we do, we are committed to promoting diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage applications from all regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
"Topographic Survey Specialist required"
£Competitive Car Allowance or Company Van Benefits
Our client is a well-established surveying company with expertise in topographical surveys. We are seeking an experienced Land Surveyor to join their team and conduct land surveys while mentoring junior surveyors. Our client offers a range of solutions including precision land surveys, 3D surveying services, site engineering and measured building surveys, for builders, architects, civil engineers.
As one of the team of Land Surveyors, you will be responsible for carrying out large scale topographical surveys and managing projects from start to finish, ensuring that all actions, such as drawings and reports, are delivered promptly.
In the role, you will have autonomy in managing projects, take responsibility for risk assessment, and follow health and safety procedures while visiting sites. You will be expected to communicate clearly and professionally with a range of audiences and stakeholders without expecting to be a salesperson or pitching and winning businesses.
Our client works on a countrywide remit, but site visits tend to be in the local area due to environmental considerations and bids on local and council projects. Although occasional overnight stays may be required, our client will ensure that work-life balance is good for its team of land surveyors. You will have the opportunity to mentor and support land surveying apprentices without having to performance manage them, allowing you to concentrate on your own responsibilities.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have significant experience in surveying and processing with the ability to manage the project end to end, avoiding the complications of different departments that may be typical of larger organisations. You should communicate efficiently and professionally and be comfortable working in all outdoor environments, irrespective of the weather.
In terms of qualifications and experience, you may have studied geography or civil engineering or similar before becoming a land surveyor. You will possess a CSCS or ECTIB card and our client will also consider supporting further professional development and education.
Our client takes pride in offering variety in different projects, and you will not be expected to work overtime or night work, making this an excellent opportunity to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Does this sound like the next role for you? Email your CV quoting reference LX 1596008 to .
EXECUTIVE RECRUITMENT CONSULTANT - INTERIM EXECUTIVES DIVISION
£Competitive + bonus/commission scheme & benefits scheme
Location: Pershore, Worcestershire
Martin Veasey Talent Solutions is a leading independent executive search consultancy with experience recruiting across a diverse range of industries and service sectors. The client portfolio spans both the UK and international market places. Specialising in middle and senior management appointments we are able to source high quality candidates from the UK as well as all over the world, in a variety of disciplines, from key management roles to board level directors.
We utilise leading edge recruitment technology and marketing tools and work with a large blue chip multinational client base offering a full range of talent, recruitment, and assessment services.
The role of Executive Recruitment Consultant - for our Interim Executives Division will be a good combination of new business development, account management and both consultative and transactional recruitment. You will be working as part of a very successful and established team that enjoys a strong reputation in the marketplace. You will be involved in the whole recruitment lifecycle from developing client relationships, attending client visits, new business development, advertising, interviewing and managing your candidates through a client's selection process to the point where you place the candidate in a suitable role. You will have access to state of the art recruitment software and a candidate and client database that is proactively and regularly updated by our recruitment support team.
You will be responsible for sourcing, screening, interviewing and consulting with candidates on their career aspirations as well as forging strong relationships with clients and companies to understand their requirements and corporate culture to ensure that you source the very best candidates for them. You will develop and expand your interim executives division and identify new business opportunities. You will also be expected to work as part of a team and develop excellent working relationships both internally and externally.
A consultative, solutions focused approach.
Experience within the interim executives recruitment sector or experience of recruiting temporary managerial staff.
Excellent customer service/key account relationship management experience.
A hardworking and committed individual who is looking to contribute and progress within a growing company whilst maintaining their work, family life balance.
Ideally you will have previous recruitment experience gained either as an in-house recruiter, or as HR/Talent Acquisition/Resourcing Manager or with a recruitment/executive search and selection consultancy.
You will be a high achieving and articulate candidate who is able to present to the highest levels within business. Having excellent organisational skills, you will be able to work on multiple projects at any one time, ensuring that all are delivered on time and to a successful conclusion.
In return we offer a relaxed but challenging, team orientated, highly focused environment within a growing business. As well as a competitive salary we offer bonus/commission and a range of other benefits.
These roles are offered on a full or part time or job share basis and hybrid working. This may involve occasional evening calls to candidates/clients. The role will predominantly be based from our offices near Pershore.
Business Development Manager - Recruitment Solutions - Full Time or Part Time
£Competitive Pro Rata Bonus/Commission Benefits
As an experienced sales professional, what's it like to sell a service that you know isn't very good?
It's difficult to sell when, deep down, you don't believe what you're saying.
So, how would you feel about selling a professional recruitment service that excels in every way? A sales role where you can confidently create solutions around customers' requirements and know you have the backup of a talented team to carry them out perfectly?
Martin Veasey Talent Solutions are well-established and highly respected in the international recruitment industry. With clients on every continent, we specialise in delivering a tailored recruitment service with multiple selling points.
It's not just about finding people. Our team is well-trained in using multiple tools to assess personality and cultural fit. Plus, our 35 years of expertise in our sector means our clients trust our judgement when we submit candidates for review.
Over the past year, we've expanded our team and invested heavily in state-of-the-art technology to help us provide the best recruitment service possible. And now we're looking to expand our client base.
So that's where you come in.
You'll need to be an experienced sales professional who excels in solution selling. All our clients have different requirements, so it's about crafting a solution to fit their particular needs. We don't use a catalogue!
As such, experience in the recruitment industry is ideal. However, we will consider people with relevant expertise selling other tailored services. Your core skills will include intelligence and communication, as you'll be interacting with clients from senior to c-suite level.
Ideally degree qualified, you'll be a confident, resourceful, and proactive sales professional who loves the chase and will show tenacity when targeting new business.
Our offices are based near Worcester, so you'll need to be able to attend our site, but we're happy for you to work remotely or hybrid, and we'll consider full or part time hours depending on your situation.
This is a wide-ranged and varied role, so please get in touch by sending your CV or call us at 44 (0)1905 381 320 so we can discuss this in more detail.