MRO Field Service Planning & Logistics Coordinator - Inverness, Highlands
"A challenging opportunity for a field service planning and logistics coordinator to undertake resource planning and work schedule allowance to a national, remotely based, field service MRO maintenance and repair team."
Salary c£28000 Excellent Benefits
Location: Inverness, Highlands, Scotland
Are you looking for a role that is office based with Hybrid working available?
How would you like to be a part of one of the world's leading renewable energy companies?
As a result of continued growth, they now require a Field Service Planning & Logistics Coordinator.
Our client needs someone with your experience of planning and coordination for its national field service maintenance and repair team. You will undertake resource planning allocating and planning work schedules to cover both planned maintenance and repair of its equipment. You will work with an internal technical support and customer account to ensure that remotely and regionally based 2-man teams of field service maintenance and repair technicians are accurately and efficiently dispatched to undertake work across various regions and multiple locations in the UK & Scotland ensuring excellent customer service.
The role of Field Service Planning & Logistics Coordinator would suit an individual who has excellent teamworking skills and who are, by nature, proactive and diplomatic.
* Coordinate and plan the movements of service technicians undertaking mechanical and electrical maintenance and repair including emergency repair of equipment, ensuring their travel route and schedule is effective and efficient. Being mindful of individual capabilities/ skill sets. The objective being to have the right skill set with the right tools/materials in appropriate vehicle to access site and deliver the specific scope of work.
* Maintain consistent, positive and effective communication with in-house technicians to ensure smooth transition of teams to faults & planned preventative maintenance works
* Ensure that all necessary resources are planned to ensure efficient maintenance schedules and no lost time.
* Planning on going maintenance alongside daily emergency repair planning whilst still monitoring and updating the overall maintenance service plan.
* Day to day contact with customers relating to operational and equipment breakdown related service queries.
* Arranging induction requirements for technicians where sites require, ahead of attendance
* Liaison with Statutory Inspection coordinator when planning to avoid site conflicts of interest
* Provide effective manpower handover to the internal technical support team at the end of the working day to ensure effective continuation of service including updates on daily events and issues where required
* Work with the team leaders and Area Managers to organise and promote on call duties and rotas for weekends, bank holidays and other cover where required. Ensure there is full coverage and support for weekend working and cover
* To keep track of where outdoor employees are at any given time. Manage outdoor employees' bookings on and off as part of Health & Safety/ duty of care
* To keep a record of service technician's sickness, other absences, training courses and working hours
* Authorise technicians' holidays making sure that you always check their current entitlement beforehand
* If and where necessary, provide a tactful and empathetic response to technician's questions and queries
The Ideal Candidate:
* Educated to A level/HND/Degree level in business administration, logistics or engineering
* Currently undertaking a resource planning and coordination role within field service engineering, maintenance and repair operations, logistic/traffic planning, warehousing/distribution, or other similar environments.
* Excellent organisational and planning skills, used to multi-tasking dealing with planned schedules of work e.g. maintenance and also emergency issues such as repairs or urgent despatches.
* Confident and used to liaising and communicating with remotely based employees or employees who are going to be out in the field undertaking repairs or making deliveries.
* Highly customer service focused and used to communicating with and updating customers in a timely, tactful, and diplomatic manner.
* A team player used to working cross functionally with colleagues in engineering/logistics, technical support, and customer service to ensure that our client's customer service promises are met.
* Calm and professional manner.
* A good geographical knowledge of the UK.
* Systems literate to undertake planning. MS office proficient, SAP experience, SCADA usage would be advantageous.
In return our client offers a competitive base salary plus benefits including hybrid working available.