First Line IT Technician - Inverness, Highlands
Salary c£26,500 Excellent Benefits
Location: Inverness, Highlands, Scotland (Hybrid Working - Office & Remote Home Working)
Are you looking for a role that is office based with Hybrid working available?
How would you like to be a part of one of the world's leading renewable energy companies?
As a result of continued growth, they now require an IT technician.
Our client needs someone with your experience of solving technical and application problems for its IT team. You will undertake installations and configuration of computer systems, diagnose hardware and software faults and provide technical support and solutions either over the phone or in person. You will play a crucial role in helping rectify systems and rolling out new I.T initiatives. You will be the 1st point of contact for all IT based questions.
This role may involve travel to other locations to assist and therefore the job holder must possess a full UK driving licence.
The role of IT technician would suit an individual who has great interpersonal skills that can provide solutions to technical problem either on the phone or in person and who are, by nature, reactive and diplomatic.
- Liaise with head office to help rectify systems and roll out new I.T initiatives.
- Maintain, problem solve and manage all in-house telecommunications systems.
- Answer incoming calls from technicians regarding software / hardware faults and ensure that their problems are responded to efficiently and they are provided with a solution or, their problems is escalated to the next appropriate level.
- Configuring, maintaining and fixing of all software and hardware.
- Maintain Networks and all associated infrastructure.
- Provide a phone service for technicians and 1st point of contact for all IT based questions.
- Produce accurate paper based and computerised reports where and when required.
- Configure and maintain Windows 10 based systems.
- Advise where required on data protection and the storage of confidential and personal data.
- Configuration of some aspects of lotus notes and associated databases.
- When and where necessary, travel to customer sites throughout the UK.
- Support with IT inventory - asset tag all equipment and manage the yearly IT inventory of all teams.
- Supporting and resolving VPN links.
- Support with all IT equipment for indoor and outdoor staff.
- Support Ireland when necessary.
- Providing training for end users.
- Planning and rolling out new technologies across the UK.
- On-call duties when required.
- Supporting / logging / monitoring the ticket system.
- Support with all wireless connections for teams and indoor staff.
- Support the use of all mobile devices.
- Configure and maintain sap on all indoor and field technicians' laptops.
- Support and Train new IT staff.
- Support new IT projects
The ideal candidate:
- Minimum Qualification: CompTIA A and Network
- Ideally 3 years minimum 1st level support or higher
- Network and server experience is desirable
- Customer service and phone support experience is essential
In return our client offers a competitive base salary plus benefits including hybrid working available.
Network, Microsoft, IT, Support, Analyst, I.T, First line support, IT projects, Server, Customer support, IT customer support, IT support, IT analyst, Cyber, Computer, Computer systems, Operating systems, Applications, Online, Online applications, Troubleshoot, Set up, Hardware faults, Software faults, Help desk operator, Support specialist, Techno, Technology, Technologist, Technician, IT maintenance, Software, Hardware, Software engineering ,Internet engineering, Information technology, Computer networking, Business systems, Business information technology, Business systems engineering, IT industry, Technical IT support, Technical support, Install, Installation, Configure, Configuration