FRONT END ASIC DESIGN ENGINEER
“Exceptional opportunity for an impact player to join a talented team in a key role within high growth design department. Hands on ASIC front-end design gained in design services, micro architecture and AMBA protocols a prerequisite.”
US $ 155-170,000 + Bonus & Excellent Benefits
California – US Citizens or Visa Sponsorship/Transfer for Exceptional International Talent Residing in US Currently
Our client is a global, innovative enterprise that designs, develops and delivers System-on-Chip based solutions to customers worldwide. The company is focused on technologies that drive today’s leading-edge applications in consumer, automotive and industrial markets. Our client combines world-class expertise, experience, and an extensive IP portfolio to provide exceptional solutions and ensure a better quality of experience for customers.
As a result of dynamic growth and increased demand, our client seeks to strengthen its team with the appointment of an experienced, highly customer focused, Front End Asic Design Engineer.
The Front-End ASIC Design Engineer role focuses on Micro-Architecture and front-end design with some exposure to Verification, Physical Design and Firmware. The successful candidate will have experience of working with AMBA protocols, have undertaken multi-clock designs, be hands on with Spyglass Lint/CDC checks. In addition, successful candidates must ideally have domain knowledge in one of the following: CPU/GPU; Image/Video processing; High-speed interfaces (such as USB, PCIe); Low-power design.
Specifically, as a Front-End ASIC Design Engineer you will:
• Work closely with customers, vendors and internal teams
• Support customer’s design through all phases of ASIC execution.
• Ensure designs meet product performance requirements by performing related tasks.
• Contribute to Micro-Architecture, RTL design, synthesis, and timing closure.
• Ensure deadlines for project milestones are met.
• Work effectively with internal teams, including verification, physical design, FPGA and firmware teams, some globally.
• Display a results-focused attitude and accomplish Company/Team-goals.
The Ideal Candidate
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar degree.
• 3-8 years of professional design experience including current or very recent ASIC Design.
• Hands-on ASIC front-end design, ideally in design services environments (product backgrounds will also be considered).
• Skilled in Micro-architecture at module/sub-system/chip-level; digital design of complex modules/sub-systems, with solid understanding of clock-domain crossings; integration of IPs/modules/sub-systems designed by internal/external teams; experience using AMBA bus protocols; System Verilog experience;Spyglass Lint and CDC analysis; timing analysis; excellent debug skills; customer support.
• Teamwork, dedication, collaborative, strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to meet stringent deadlines and project timelines.
• Experience in at least several of the following domains: CPU (preferably, ARM), or GPU, or DSP; low-power design and verification; peripheral interfaces such as CSI, I3C, USB, PCIe; FPGA.
• Experience dealing with international teams in a dynamic growth SME environment is desired
• Experience ideally gained within an ASIC/SoC services company desired
• Dynamic growth SME experience would be a perfect cultural fit for our client
• International experience especially working with APAC and Japanese markets and customers
To apply without delay please email your CV in confidence quoting reference LX 498713 to firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone 00 44 (0) 1905 381 320