You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
FRONT END ASIC DESIGN ENGINEER
FRONT END ASIC DESIGN ENGINEER
“Exceptional opportunity for an impact player to join a talented team in a key role within high growth design department. Hands on ASIC front-end design gained in design services, micro architecture and AMBA protocols a prerequisite.”
US $ 155-170,000 + Bonus & Excellent Benefits
California – US Citizens or Visa Sponsorship/Transfer for Exceptional International Talent Residing in US Currently
Our client is a global, innovative enterprise that designs, develops and delivers System-on-Chip based solutions to customers worldwide. The company is focused on technologies that drive today’s leading-edge applications in consumer, automotive and industrial markets. Our client combines world-class expertise, experience, and an extensive IP portfolio to provide exceptional solutions and ensure a better quality of experience for customers.
As a result of dynamic growth and increased demand, our client seeks to strengthen its team with the appointment of an experienced, highly customer focused, Front End Asic Design Engineer.
The Front-End ASIC Design Engineer role focuses on Micro-Architecture and front-end design with some exposure to Verification, Physical Design and Firmware. The successful candidate will have experience of working with AMBA protocols, have undertaken multi-clock designs, be hands on with Spyglass Lint/CDC checks. In addition, successful candidates must ideally have domain knowledge in one of the following: CPU/GPU; Image/Video processing; High-speed interfaces (such as USB, PCIe); Low-power design.
Specifically, as a Front-End ASIC Design Engineer you will:
• Work closely with customers, vendors and internal teams
• Support customer’s design through all phases of ASIC execution.
• Ensure designs meet product performance requirements by performing related tasks.
• Contribute to Micro-Architecture, RTL design, synthesis, and timing closure.
• Ensure deadlines for project milestones are met.
• Work effectively with internal teams, including verification, physical design, FPGA and firmware teams, some globally.
• Display a results-focused attitude and accomplish Company/Team-goals.
The Ideal Candidate
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar degree.
• 3-8 years of professional design experience including current or very recent ASIC Design.
• Hands-on ASIC front-end design, ideally in design services environments (product backgrounds will also be considered).
• Skilled in Micro-architecture at module/sub-system/chip-level; digital design of complex modules/sub-systems, with solid understanding of clock-domain crossings; integration of IPs/modules/sub-systems designed by internal/external teams; experience using AMBA bus protocols; System Verilog experience;Spyglass Lint and CDC analysis; timing analysis; excellent debug skills; customer support.
• Teamwork, dedication, collaborative, strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to meet stringent deadlines and project timelines.
• Experience in at least several of the following domains: CPU (preferably, ARM), or GPU, or DSP; low-power design and verification; peripheral interfaces such as CSI, I3C, USB, PCIe; FPGA.
• Experience dealing with international teams in a dynamic growth SME environment is desired
• Experience ideally gained within an ASIC/SoC services company desired
• Dynamic growth SME experience would be a perfect cultural fit for our client
• International experience especially working with APAC and Japanese markets and customers
To apply without delay please email your CV in confidence quoting reference LX 498713 to email@example.com Telephone 00 44 (0) 1905 381 320