SITE RELIABILITY & ENGINEERING MANAGER -CHEMICAL ENGINEERING/TECHNOLOGIES
US $110-140,000 +Excellent Blue Chip Benefits
New England, USA - Relocation Assistance for US Citizens only
Our client is a global multinational specialising in chemical-based technologies for application within a wide range of industries and processes serving both B2B and B2C. It prides itself on leading edge, innovative and sustainable R & D when it comes to product development; world class operational excellence and the highest levels of health and safety for its employees and customers.
As a result of retirement, our client is now seeking a high calibre, experienced Chemical Engineer to take the lead as the Site Reliability & Engineering Manager. The site is large with multiple production units. The Site Reliability & Engineering Manager will improve equipment reliability and productivity at the site and reduce operating cost. You will also ensure that the site operates to PSM regulations and exceeds all corporate and regulatory EHS requirements.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for the management and development of a team of graduate Process and Reliability Engineers, Facilities and EHS and also the site Maintenance team which comprises time served and graduate electrical, mechanical and process control engineers.
Therefore, to succeed in this role you must have experienced gained within a PSM Certified Process Safety Management environment. Similar global safety management systems such as Dupont Visible Felt Leadership deployed within the chemical process engineering sector would also be acceptable. Chemical engineering sector experience could also include chemical processing, adhesives manufacturers, cement plants, heavy construction materials, steelmaking or renewable energy.
As the site is located in Massachusetts, the role would ideally suit candidates who are already located within commuting distance or who have links to the area and therefore are able to relocate into the region with an appreciation of the lifestyle, culture and climate that this beautiful location offers. Therefore, you may already reside in or have links to New England, New Jersey, Delaware, New York, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania.
• Manage an annual US $multi million maintenance budget
• Lead Maintenance group of staff engineers (Process & Reliability) and Maintenance Electrical &Instrumentation Technicians.
• Site consists of multiple production units in c500k square foot manufacturing & warehouse space
• Lead maintenance, reliability and small capital project activities for entire plant site.
• Develop execute strategic improvement plan for site maintenance including plant infrastructure, equipment and facility maintenance, security, instrumentation, electrical, and control systems.
• Implement all maintenance related PSM requirements as per OSHA 29 CFR 1910.119 and maintain full compliance, including the site Mechanical Integrity program.
• Analyze mechanical failure data, implement equipment reliability plans, preventative maintenance program, PMP, required to improve Safety, Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), and life cycle costs
• Ensure daily maintenance activities are linked with needs of Manufacturing and Planning groups.
• Coordinate 3rd party onsite maintenance activities
• Develop and manage Critical Spares program to align with business needs of the site.
• Lead maintenance group in safe practices in accordance with OSHA, EPA requirements.
• Provide troubleshooting support and guidance for team including on the off shifts as needed.
• Coach, train, develop members of the maintenance department to achieve desired performance.
• Drive improvements in operational efficiency, reliability using lean tools, including OEE
• Develop and achieve improvement goals, objectives in alignment with Business and Plant KPIs.
• Manage / Oversee capital budgeting, planning, and spend execution.
• Provide project management for cost / capital projects & initiatives, as required.
• Provide direction to the engineering team, and support project development and implementation.
• Manage small team of process engineers, ensure targets and objectives are set and met.
The Ideal Candidate:
• A US Citizen
• Currently residing in New England, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, New York or with familial or other ties/links to the area and happy to relocate with assistance back to the region.
• Familiar with the culture, climate and lifestyle of the region.
• BS degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 5 + years maintenance and engineering expertise in a PSM facility ideally adhesives or chemicals or similar, rotating & stationary equipment experience preferred
• Strong leadership, communication, organizational and team-building skills
• Project Management and computer skills (MS Office, AutoCAD and CMMS, ideally EAM)
• PLC skills preferable, including troubleshooting and configuration, basic electrical skills preferable (120/220/480V), including troubleshooting
• Comfortable in a fast paced, high pressure environment handling multiple projects regularly.
To apply without delay please email your CV, for a confidential discussion, quoting reference LX 498700 to email@example.com www.martinveasey.com