You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
PRODUCTION MANAGER - HEAVY ENGINEERING & PROCESSING ENVIRONMENT
“Exceptional career development opportunity for an Engineering Graduate with a track record of production process management, people development and continuous improvement leading to excellent OEE and Safety”.
C£45-50000 + Car/Allowance and Excellent Benefits
Stratford upon Avon, Warwickshire
Our client is a world leader, with a £multibillion turnover and plants on virtually every continent. Its investment in the latest heavy engineering and processing technology ensures its reputation as one of the world’s most sustainable corporations.
As part of its policy of continuous improvement and development they are seeking an ambitious Engineering Graduate who is very keen to take the next step into a Production Management role at a strategically important site.
Reporting to a recently appointed and highly experienced Plant Manager, the Production Manager will provide leadership, guidance and direction for production processing operations, ensuring sustainable performance aligned with strategic corporate objectives and delivery of business commitments.
As Production Manager you will be responsible for optimising labour; safety on site; production scheduling, material and equipment resources to maximize plant production capability and meet customer expectations with excellent quality and service as the site takes on increased customer volumes.
Our client is seeking a high potential who is already adept at working to strict KPI’s for health & safety, environmental excellence and high-quality production output. The ideal candidate will be a role model for the promotion of safety awareness, promptly addressing safety concerns and performing regular safety inspections of equipment and the site.
In addition, successful candidates will already be able to evidence excellent people development, managing production team performance via regular performance reviews, training, coaching and mentoring Supervisors and Team Leaders whilst also recognising potential with a view to succession planning.
Operational and budgetary planning experience will be essential as you will be a key member of the site leadership team. You will also be an excellent problem solver, structured, systematic and logical. This will be particularly important as you will be responsible for complex production scheduling of several materials and products.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong technical engineering and production background gained within heavy processing sectors such as cement, aggregates, minerals or steel.
- Operating a safe plant and production process, continuously driving towards sustaining a positive safety and health culture.
- Provide exemplary management and leadership, setting demanding standards and driving high performance from a production and engineering team of c35.
- Build a customer focussed performance culture within the business and a climate to inspire the team to achieve world class performance and reliability.
- Ensure that the production commitments in terms of volume, deadlines, and product conformity are met.
- Ensure the plant and production process complies with UK legislation, with specific regard to health & safety, environmental and employment laws.
- Be responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of the production performance plan, production and engineering team assessment and budget to achieve identified improvements.
- Ensure product quality meets agreed targets and ensure that production plant capability is sustained through optimisation of the process.
- Manage the operating and capital budgets, maintaining a vigilant approach to reducing costs.
- Lead and manage change programmes with clear goals, drive and engagement.
- Drive for continuous improvement.
- Ensure positive working relations with employees and their representatives within the plant.
The Ideal Candidate:
- University degree educated in Engineering. Must understand both engineering and business management principles.
- Broad-based technical knowledge of mechanical, electrical, chemical processing and manufacturing, and modern maintenance technology and methods will be integral to success and credibility in this role.
- Master’s degree/other post graduate CPD highly advantageous.
- Experience gained within heavy engineering processing environments such as cement, aggregates, mining and minerals or steel/metals industry would be particularly interesting and advantageous.
- Consistent multinational industry career history including existing or recent experience as a Production Coordinator, Shift Supervisor/Manager, Senior Process Engineer or Optimisation Manager or other similar Production Engineering leadership role.
- Track record of people development, engagement, change and continuous improvement leading to best in class OEE and safety standards.
- Ability to undertake complex production scheduling and planning with multiple materials and products.
- Experience in Project Management, business and systems analysis highly advantageous but people management and leadership will be key and foremost to success in this role.
- Experienced Lean or Continuous Improvement champion, including 5S, with track record of excellent team development and engagement in this context.
- Demonstrable experience of cross functional and multi-level interaction and working in a matrix organization.
- Proven skills and capabilities in leadership, communication, capability, collaboration and problem solving.
- NEBOSH Certificate and IOSH Managing Safety are essential
- Experience of financial and budgetary management, the budgeting process and CAPEX business case approval process would be highly advantageous.
- Fluent Business English both verbal and written.
- PC Literate. Particularly strong Excel skills.
- Resilient, driven, results focused personality - a high achiever.
In return our global multinational client offers a very competitive salary and benefits package the opportunity to make a real difference to a market leading operation at an exciting stage of its continued growth and development.