"Quality Technician sought by a leading manufacturer of specialist paperboard packaging products within the Food Packaging Sector to assist the Quality department in the development and maintenance of Product Safety and Quality systems."
Location: Rotherham, Yorkshire.
Our client is an innovative market leader. They provide packaging solutions for food & consumer goods and develop creative and flexible packaging solutions that help customers add value to their offering and achieve success through packaging. A leader in the European market, with a growing footprint that includes Asia and Africa, they use their advanced technical expertise and state-of-the-art printing & finishing capabilities to create a broad product portfolio with innovative and tailored flexible packaging system solutions.
This is a fantastic career development opportunity for an enthusiastic Quality Technician, looking to build a career working within the Quality department of the Food Packaging Sector, and working in the development and maintenance of Product Safety and Quality systems to customer and third-party standards. It will also include ensuring adherence to relevant legislation and working within a factory environment. This is a standalone role, reporting to the Quality Manager.
* Implementation and maintenance of the site quality assurance standards
* A key member of the companies HARA (HACCP) team, challenging processes food packaging safety systems and maintaining and reviewing the plan as required
* Responsibility for the document control and maintenance of the Product Safety & Quality Management System
* Assist Quality Manager in implementing the internal audit programme
* Collation & inspection of packaging/artwork checks/approvals & shelf life
* Implementing Quality improvement initiatives in both manufacturing and business processes
* Reporting issues raised in a timely manner
* Collation & filing of documentation
* Carry out daily quality control inspections/production lines
* Liaising with supplier's regarding non-conforming product
* Any other requirements requested via the Quality Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
Key attributes the company will be looking for include:
* Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar role/environment
* HARA Hazard and Risk Analysis / HACCP Hazard Analysis and Critical Control certification desirable
* Proficient written, numerical and verbal skills
* Numerical ability to record, interpret and analyse key process data
* Fluency in the English language
* Proficient in the use of Word/Excel/Sage systems
* Ability to communicate effectively with Customers/Suppliers
* Self-organisation, motivation, planning, prioritising and time management
* Understanding of Product Safety and Quality Management Systems
* Knowledge of food legislation & BRC Global Standard for packaging
* Attention to details
In return our client offers a salary of £21-23,000 (dependent on experience), and holiday entitlement of 33 days per calendar year inclusive of bank holidays.
To apply without delay, please email your CV quoting reference LX 934333