SENIOR MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
“Aluminium & Stainless-Steel Precision CNC Fabrication & Forming”
C£40-45000 + Bonus + Benefits
East/West Midlands border
Commutable from Nuneaton, Tamworth, Atherstone, Dordon, Bedworth, Hinckley, Lichfield, Ashby de la Zouche, Leicester, Coventry, Rugby, Lutterworth, Sutton Coldfield, Coleshill, Cannock, Rugeley, Burton upon Trent, Birmingham, Solihull, Warwick, Leamington Spa
Our client is part of a growing UK based and FTSE quoted international group that manufactures and assembles specification sales led, high quality architectural products from stainless steel sheet and extruded aluminium. Their products are used in major construction projects large and small in the UK and overseas including shopping centres, airports, supermarkets, railway stations, hospitals, schools, offices, factories, swimming pools, public buildings etc. The product range consists of both standard items and also architect specified bespoke designs delivered on a JIT basis within 7/10 days. So you will be working closely with main contractors and architects during design and construction phases.
The role of Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is a key role. It will encompass the design of bespoke aluminium and stainless-steel products from client design briefs. The manufacturing process entails CNC cutting and forming/press machines, CNC machine centre, welding and crimping, assembly and packing. Key projects will include leading the in-house research and development of completely new product ranges/categories. Also, product currently contracted out for manufacturing in the UK and overseas may be brought back in house. New product development is expected to become a major element of the role as the company grows.
• Using 3D CAD and CRM systems to undertake the design of bespoke and unique solutions from design briefs at enquiry and order stage to include, when required, the design of structural steel sub frames.
• Undertake all estimating, pricing, labour and material costing and specifications.
• To supervise and further train and develop the existing Design Engineer.
• To make recommendations for design changes that will ensure economical design, improve manufacturing efficiency, product quality or performance.
• To lead the research and design of new products, ranges and categories.
• To travel to site when required to assist with product design and feasibility in conjunction with customers and architects.
• Work with Production Manager and Business Development Manager on design, productivity, efficiency, quality, Lean projects, ERP implementation and integration of processes etc.
• Work with external bodies Eg trade associations and suppliers/contractors concerning material specifications and product testing.
• 3D CAD proficiency is essential with Solid Works knowledge preferred or similar software such as AUTOCAD Inventor, Catia or ProEngineer. Experience of Configure One would be highly advantageous.
• Knowledge of sheet metal and extruded aluminium design, fabrication and assembly is useful.
• Graduate calibre qualifications in Design or Engineering including mechanical engineering essential.
• Able to understand a product brief and to design a practical and cost
• Have full lifecycle design experience.
• Ability to carry out detailed structural calculations for steel beams including fixings into concrete slab.
• Understanding of thermal and fire rating for structural steel work.
• To have a full knowledge of fits and clearances required to create a successful assembly.
• Structural knowledge would be useful.
• Happy to travel to customer sites.
Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Design, Mechanical Design Engineer, 3D CAD, AutoCAD Inventor, Solid Edge, CAD, Solid Works, Pro Engineer, Catia, Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD, Optics, Optical, Optic Design, Assemblies, Design Engineer, Mechanical, design, project, sheet metal, 3d package, components, mechanical, structural calculations, structural stress analysis, structural steel stress analysis
To apply without delay please email your CV in word format, quoting reference LX 525625 to email@example.com Telephone 01905 381 320 www.martinveasey.com