Logistics Solutions Design Director
CONTRACT LOGISTICS SOLUTIONS DESIGN DIRECTOR - JAPAN
"Experience of logistics solutions design for the Japanese market and building regulatory environment. Fluency in Japanese highly advantageous"
JPY Excellent Bonus Benefits & Relocation Assistance
Japan - Full Relocation Assistance Available
Our client is a global multinational. A true market leader, they have a strong culture of safety, customer focus, quality and reliability.
Highly successful and long-established with industrial expertise across a number of verticals, our client has a global network of operations and integrated state-of-the-art information technology across warehousing and transport.
As result of dynamic growth our client is seeking a very innovative, degree educated, Director of Solutions Design from the global 3PL/contract logistics sector. You will lead a solutions design team across transport, warehousing and value-added solutions working with clients across the Japanese cluster. Experience of robotic process automation warehousing solutions design would be advantageous.
You will support the Country Leadership Team to develop and deploy commercial strategies. You lead, coach, and develop the Japanese solutions design team. You will also programme manage solutions design projects and resources.
We are seeking individuals with experience of various types of transport, warehousing and storage including robotic process automation, automatic storage and retrieval systems. Experience of transport and warehousing/distribution centre design solutions for the Japanese market and building structure regulatory environment will be critical to success. Fluency in Japanese would be highly advantageous but not essential.
* Managing a team of Warehousing/Transport & Valued Added Logistics Solutions Design Managers and Analysts, you will support the country Business Development and Implementation teams in developing innovative, cost effective and profitable warehousing and supply chain solutions for new and existing multinational and regional clients.
* Through strategic consulting assignments, you will work at operational strategic and Board level to identify business issues focused on process improvement and cost effectiveness; propose value adding and innovative solutions and subsequently manage the delivery of projects.
* This will entail analysis of existing inhouse and customer operations and the subsequent design of proposals, managing resource and cross functional teams during implementation, planning and solutions delivery. In addition, you will develop the supply chain solutions design strategy and manage the departmental budget.
* As Director of Logistics Solutions Design your role will be broad - leading solutions design projects as a Subject Matter Expert across transport, robotic process automation specialist, material handling, automated warehousing design, supply chain and logistics systems, strategy, commercial, key account management, management accountant, facilitator, leader, mentor, coach and project manager.
* You will possess extensive expertise in transport and warehousing solutions design, planning, projects, consultancy, value chain engineering and productivity improvement. You will be highly proficient in liaising, presenting and working at Board level both internally and externally with key strategic multinational client accounts.
* You will direct and manage your team in multiple implementation and re-engineering projects enabling cost and service improvements whilst at the same time managing teams involved in new operational start-ups.
The Ideal Applicant:
* The ideal applicant will be educated to degree/Masters degree level in Engineering, Business or similar and will possess a substantial and demonstrative track record of successful project delivery gained within a global multinational third party contract logistics solutions design/projects environment.
* We are inviting applications from either highly accomplished and experienced professionals seeking to consolidate and apply their solutions design leadership and coaching experience in a new and challenging growth environment or alternatively someone with at least 8-10 years fast track operational and strategic solutions design experience who wishes to step into country logistics solutions design leadership role heading up and developing an accomplished team of solutions design specialists.
* Experience of transport and warehousing solutions design, supply chain optimisation, automated robotic process and warehouse design tools as well as formal project management capabilities will be a prerequisite. Experience of managing multi-disciplined teams is essential.
* It is imperative that you will be possess a portfolio of successful projects completed across, for example, retail and FMCG, industrial, technology or pharmaceutical verticals.
* Third Party Solutions design experience as a Senior Manager, General Manager, Head of, Senior Consultant/Partner or Project Director may have been supplemented with experience in one of the following environments: inhouse global multinational logistics fulfilment facilities design team; materials handling solutions design provider; or automation solutions/automated robotic process design consultancy.
* Most importantly you will also have a demonstrable track record of success in coaching and developing a team of Solutions Design Analysts and Managers, ensuring a consistent, best in class approach.
* Previous international/multi country solutions design and solutions design and implementation project team leadership would be extremely advantageous, as would, cultural experience and understanding of living and working in Japan would be highly advantageous.
To apply without delay, please email your CV, quoting reference LX 1152315,