You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Plant Manager - Chemicals
Plant Manager - Chemicals
"High profile role for Chemical or Mechanical Engineer seeking people centred leadership role. Must be experienced in batch chemical processing."
$100k - 150,000 Bonus Benefits & Relocation Assistance for US Citizens Only
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Our client is a leader in coatings, sealants and adhesives with a Plant in a Chicago suburb.
The Plant Manager should be an Engineer who wants a career path of plant management as this is a high growth high visibility opportunity.
The Plant Manager reports directly to the General Manager and provides leadership for safety, quality, and productivity of the manufacturing team.
The Plant Manager is the senior leader onsite and needs to be prepared for hands on involvement on the plant floor. Process areas include material handling, batch making, batch filling and packaging.
- Drive safety improvements and safety mindset throughout the organization
- Lead and manage the production plan - meeting internal & external customer expectations.
- Make decisions on staffing, schedule, and process - drive continuous improvement.
- Lead by setting high standards and operating discipline - train and develop teams.
- Create change, empower others to achieve greater efficiency and improve the work environment.
- Manage multiple competing requests while maintaining a culture of accountability and execution.
- Manage and control departmental expenses within budget - participate in CAPEX planning
- Interface with business lead and supply chain for coordination of production/ delivery schedules
- Communicate & Interface with site Maintenance and Technical teams - identify best practices.
- Maintain standards in safety, attendance, warehouse organization, operational discipline
- BS degree prefer Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 1 year leading teams in a manufacturing setting.
- Industry experience Chemical batch process, or operations industry experience preferred
- Track record of success with an understanding of management practices & problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to meet commitments on-time, strong project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - experience leading cultural change
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing systems and computer skills: MS office, SAP
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate build consensus in a high-pressure setting
- Work hour flexibility: strong work ethic, can do attitude
Please note that this role is only open to US Citizens. Relocation is only available for US Citizens and our client is not able to sponsor or consider non US Citizens. Please do not apply if you do not have US Citizenship.