You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
INTERIM BUYER INDIRECT SPEND - CORPORATE/SITE SERVICES
INTERIM BUYER - INDIRECT SPEND - CORPORATE/SITE SERVICES (MATERNITY COVER)
"Graduate calibre, CIPS qualified Buyer/Assistant Category Manager sought for maternity cover contract until June 2022 by global energy leader."
C£30-40000 (Interim rate Dependent on Experience)
Location: North West
Commutable from Ellesmere Port, Mold, Wrexham, Birkenhead, Wallasey, Chester, Warrington, Runcorn, Widnes, Liverpool, Crewe, Knutsford, Macclesfield, South Manchester, Wigan, Newton le Willows, Leigh, Heywood, Skelmersdale.
This is a great interim opportunity for a degree educated, CIPS qualified procurement professional to join a global multinational energy environment within its indirect spend area covering corporate and site services. Our client is a multi-site manufacturing/processing and complex matrix organisation.
Our client has an opportunity for an Interim Buyer for its Indirect Services Category Management team. Specifically, you will support categories such as Corporate & Professional Services, Site Services, Facilities Management, Engineering, MRO, Operational Support and Consumables with tactical and operational buying activities. This role will offer a great opportunity for a self-starter with lots of initiative, drive and ambition, keen to learn and progress on a fast track to Senior Buyer and Category Manager.
Operating as part of a large procurement category management team, and working closely with national, European and global divisions and business units you will support a Senior Category Manager to develop and deploy category strategies; negotiating and deal making; undertake external scanning of key market developments to ensure any new opportunities for value delivery are exploited; identify future commercial opportunities and enable the delivery of associated value through contribution to the sourcing process. You will develop strategies for value delivery focusing on supplier savings to agreed reporting methodologies.
You will be a high energy person who enjoys lots of variety when it comes to tactical and transactional buying but also enjoys being highly efficient and process driven when it comes to the administration relating to raising and actioning purchase orders in line with SAP procurement to pay/P2P systems.
Lead the delivery of tactical buying activity for operational planned spend opportunities within defined operational spend levels.
Manage transactional buying activities and support wider strategic category management including raising purchase orders in line with SAP P2P.
Ensures products and services are purchased in the most cost- and time-efficient manner, delivering 'agile' solutions to implement and ensure purchasing best practices
Prepare RFQ's, evaluate, re-tender, renegotiate or extends contracts and suppliers in order to facilitate tactical and strategic sourcing with relevant stakeholders.
Engagement with operational teams to review pipeline and track regional and national opportunities.
Use of eProcurement tools to assist in the development of detailed business needs analysis for use by Senior Category Managers.
Assessing external information provision and undertaking studies to develop external supply market analysis to aid with the development of category strategies. Establish supply market tracking to inform risk management and strategy development.
Data gathering and analysis to support and inform negotiations and support the development of contract documentation.
Development of communication materials to support business unit engagement and sourcing strategy implementation.
Reporting and compliance monitoring to inform supplier relationship and performance management.
Development of materials to support Category Strategy Team Meetings and team meeting management.
Management of defined commodities developing short- and medium-term strategies to deliver value.
The Ideal Candidate:
* Will be university degree educated, part or fully qualified CIPS, with previous multinational strategic commercial procurement, buying and sourcing experience ideally within indirect categories, although experience in direct categories would still be of interest.
* Commercial procurement/buying experience gained within a multinational matrix organisation.
* Self-starter, with lots of initiative, drive and ambition to succeed.
* Confidence and capability Must be able to influence at all levels of the organisation through strong relationship management.
* Excellent analytical, research, communication and presentation skills.
* Excellent team working ability, particularly with suppliers and sourcing managers.
* Ability to develop and manage strong relationships both internally and externally (e.g. suppliers).
* Highly motivated with a drive for results - performance focussed.
* Strong integrity ensuring procurement operates to high standards and is fully trusted by its internal and external stakeholders.
* Naturally analytical and inquisitive.
* Experience of SAP/SAP Ariba procurement systems essential.
* Demonstrate attention to detail to derive accurate and insightful recommendations.