"Technical Lead Production & Mechanical Process Engineering role with experience of Heat Treated Metal Automotive & Aerospace Components."
North East Region
c£45-50000 + Excellent Blue Chip Benefits
Commutable from Newcastle upon Tyne, Durham, Northumberland
Our client is at the forefront of innovation, manufacturing and supplying metal components to the automotive, machine tool, manufacturing, aerospace, and other sectors.
This role is to ensure that specialist heat treatment plant, equipment and processes are available to meet SQCD requirements and to provide specialist metallurgical assessment and quality of induction hardened steel components.
You will be the technical lead for defined production equipment and for metallurgical assessment.
Continuous improvement activity is also a key responsibility as is TPM systems design and review.
Attendance at customer audits / VIP visits is an important responsibility.
* Designing and implementing moderate machine modifications to optimise safety, quality or output performance.
* Setting and managing revenue budgets, to ensure all necessary resources are available to achieve business needs.
* Identification and justification of capital expenditure projects including spend management and post implementation review.
* Managing and delivering agreed specific policy, business critical or personal development objectives.
* Leading and delivering projects such as new production lines or new product introductions.
* Day to day direction of junior engineering personnel to ensure best outcomes and utilization of resource.
* Provision of technical support to achieve production targets. Creation of process specific quality documentation to ensure conformance to control plans and creation of standard operation procedures for QCDP tasks.
* Setting of TPM schedules and tasks to enable members to carry out TPM to the necessary standards for ongoing machine stability and performance including regular performance review and revision.
* Performance of risk assessments and PUWER reviews and sign off to ensure a safe working environment. Champion the principles of 5S and H&S as appropriate.
* Challenging performance and, where appropriate, initiating and delivering improvements that contribute to the improved efficiency of the process.
* Management of ongoing heat treatment process performance through metallurgical assessment.
* A minimum of a BTEC HNC/Degree Production/Mechanical Engineering through a recognised mechanical apprenticeship.
* A base level knowledge of metallurgy and metallurgical evaluation techniques together and an understanding of heat treatment
* Minimum 3 years' experience in high volume engineering / automotive supply plant or similar
* Understanding of continuous production operations
* Fault finding / root cause analysis skills experience
* Project management skills and experience
* Good understanding of TQM systems Eg TS16949
* Strong communicator
* Capable of working to rapidly changing priorities .
* Self- starter, flexible approach and capable of managing own workload
To apply without delay please email your CV, quoting reference LX 1138129
Telephone 01905 381 320