Interim Warehouse Project Manager (6-12 mths - Imminent Start)
INTERIM WAREHOUSE PROJECT MANAGER (6-12 months - Imminent Start)
Day Rate £350-450 (outside IR35)
Location: Hybrid - Split between North West & South West area & Home Working
Our client, a wholesale distributor, is at the cutting edge of the renewable and alternative energy sector and has significant and growing market share through its unrivalled product quality and service value proposition. Its customer base includes B2C and B2B. There has never been a better time to join them and to play a key role in the expansion of its warehousing and distribution capacity, initially across the UK and then Europe.
The first stage of this is an overhaul of the facility in North West, followed by an investment in a new facility in the Bristol area. Tentative further plans exist for additional capacity in the UK. Additionally, the business is expanding its operation in Europe, namely Germany.
As an experienced warehousing design and project manager with previous warehousing operational leadership skills this will be the ideal opportunity for you.
Initially you will take the lead on a portfolio of small improvement and optimisation projects, such as temporary canopies, warehouse layout improvements, racking upgrades, pallet handling solutions, packaging equipment upgrades, etc. Quickly the role we extend into supporting the fit out and opening of a new 90000 sq ft warehouse in the Bristol Area and a replacement site in the Lancashire area. The role will support the Warehouse Managers and Operations Manager with project planning and control of the new warehouse commissioning IT equipment and systems, and the recruitment, induction, and training of the teams.
- Effective Planning and Coordination of a portfolio mini-improvement projects running concurrently from concept to operations, including market evaluation, sourcing, design, installation, implementation, process documentation and training.
- Project oversight, on behalf of our client, for new build fit outs, commissioning and go live, including liaising with single point fit out contractor on c£1m fit out budget
- Responsible for controlling budgets and change management requests to design and let work packages.
- Managing the connection and on-going service packages for Utilities, Security / Fire
- Manage Risks to projects in terms of cost, timescale, and business impact.
The Ideal Candidate
- 5yrs Project Management experience
- 5yrs Working in a Warehouse on the "shop floor" as an operational leader
- Understands the concept of designing and operating a Lean focused Warehouse with equipment investment to improve efficiency e.g., Pallet Handling System, Auto Wrapper / Banders
- Must have been involved in a Warehouse Opening or Warehouse Move
- Ideally been involved in a Warehouse Management System (WMS) implementation
- Safety qualification, IOSH as a minimum, ideally NEBOSH
- Qualified in the principles of Project Management e.g., Project Definition Workshops and Reports, Gantt Planning, Risk Logs, Flash Reports etc
- Some experience of Supplier & Contractor Management, including evaluation of designs and quotations and negotiation of supply and service agreements.
- A portfolio of career examples of hands-on warehouse related project management / improvement activity.
- An understanding of the the broader context of the warehouse in the end-to-end supply chain, that stretches from a Far East Factory to the UK to B2C and B2B customers for installation.
- Excellent Communication skills, both with cross functional colleagues and Contractors and Suppliers.
- Problem solving and logical reasoning, whilst being calm under pressure and attention to detail, and a completer finisher.
- Systems and Data literate, including basic analysis of data in spreadsheets and creation and presentation of KPI's, Metric and Graphics.
- Positive attitude.
- Mobile and flexible, willing to travel between the North West, South West, occasionally Europe and working from Home
To apply without delay, please email your application quoting LX 1043915