4 Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
TECHNICAL MANAGER – PROCESS & PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT & TESTING
“Transformational change and leadership role for graduate calibre Engineering professional, with lean, CI & Six Sigma experience required to manage specification sales led technical operation. Experience of sheet metal CNC forming, pressing and welding processes, innovation, product development and testing advantageous”
c£55-60000 + Benefits
East/West Midlands border
Commutable from Nuneaton, Tamworth, Atherstone, Dordon, Bedworth, Hinckley, Lichfield, Ashby de la Zouche, Leicester, Coventry, Rugby, Lutterworth, Sutton Coldfield, Coleshill, Cannock, Rugeley, Burton upon Trent, Birmingham, Solihull, Warwick, Leamington Spa
Our client, a division of a large UK group, is a market leader in the specification sales led manufacture and supply of mechanical security and service access solutions to the industrial and commercial sector including hotels, airports, shopping centres, high rise buildings, supermarkets, distribution centres, hotels, rail/underground, hospitals/care homes, student accommodation, commercial and residential developments, interior design and fit out sector. The technical and sales team work closely with architects, engineers, main contractors and other specifiers. The products are both standard and bespoke.
With a broad remit and working with a small team you will lead the Technical function across one major site on the East/West Midlands border and oversight of another in Hertfordshire. You will work with design, product development, sales, CNC technical engineers/programmers, IT and production personnel. Using best practice, you will identify opportunities for increased efficiency, productivity & innovation. Your ultimate responsibility is to take the division, technically, from its current state to a higher level within a few years that will drive business growth with differentiated products.
Key to success in the role is oversight of testing, fire certification and compliance both routine and developmental in the light of building regulations and recent events in high rise buildings.
- Develop and evolve appropriate processes to efficiently drive new and existing product portfolio development, creating an environment to promote innovation, engineering integrity, reliability and best value.
- Develop and evolve effective processes to manage the compliance and timely delivery of customised manufacturing design data in line with agreed service levels.
- Effectively maintain the organisation’s product certification and regulatory compliance programme, ensuring appropriate systems and controls are in place to identify changes in regulatory and certification requirements and maintaining compliance throughout the specification of standard and customised products.
- Provide a source of technical leadership and expertise to the Division focussing on the development of engineering techniques.
- Lead initiatives to support the business’s waste reduction strategy through value engineering and design for manufacture.
- Develop appropriate KPIs that drive and measure continuous improvement.
- Lead the personal development and capability of the design and manufacturing support team members.
- Set and then work within established budgets, managing full costs associated with development of existing products and new product development.
- Maintain high standards around the company’s established operating principles of Lean Operational Excellence, Data Driven Decision Making, Profitable Growth, and Employee Engagement.
- Maintain and develop robust business systems including overseeing migration and implementation of new ERP system.
- Drive safety excellence within all technical operations and contribute to daily maintenance management.
- You will be an engineering graduate or time-served probably with HND or HNC and with c7/8 years proven experience in managing a technical, mechanical design or manufacturing environment ideally working with sheet metal or similar materials.
- Previous specific responsibilities may have been for mechanical design, production or/and engineering functions. Enjoys supporting manufacturing.
- Experience in managing and maintaining fire certifications and testing for passive fire protection products is desirable.
- Commercial understanding and used to serving customers daily.
- Strong focus on innovation and driving processes
- Exceptional communication and relationship management/building skills across all functions.
- A proven motivator, mentor and highly visible leader who has successfully worked and engaged with cross-functional teams.
- Assertive and effective decision making demonstrating a senior presence whilst also a team player.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to contribute to the strategic agenda.
- Expertise in lean/continuous improvement.
- Takes personal ownership and able to manage the journey.
- Strategically minded but tactically adept. Total business understanding and focus on key priorities.
- Future potential to progress further within the organisation. Able to take the business to new levels.
STRATEGIC CATEGORY BUYER/MANAGER – PRECISION ENGINEERING & PROCESS TECHNOLOGY
“Exciting Transformational Change role for ambitious precision engineering and process technology procurement specialist with experience of large £multi million capital investment projects.”
£Very Competitive (Dependent Upon Experience) + Blue Chip Benefits Package
Location: North West
Commutable from Chester, Ellesmere Port, Mold, Wrexham, Birkenhead, Wallasey, Warrington, Runcorn, Widnes, Liverpool, Crewe, Knutsford, Macclesfield, Greater Manchester, Wigan, Newton le Willows, Leigh, Heywood, Skelmersdale.
Our client is a global player within the specialist energy, electricity and power generation sector.
As part of a strategic transformation of the procurement function moving to a shared service and category management model across its global operating units, our client seeks to strengthen its team with the appointment of an ambitious, innovative and creative Strategic Senior Category Buyer/Manager – Precision Engineering and Process Technology.
You will be a university degree educated strategic category and procurement management professional with experience of precision engineering equipment including tooling, valves, vacuum pumps and automated process technology.
We are looking for a highly motivated change orientated individual who can contribute to the development of our client’s procurement capability.
You will be skilled at working collaboratively across different cultures and will be able to bring significant change in a regulated environment. Meeting these sometimes-competing objectives while driving a value delivery agenda provides a stimulating and challenging environment which will test you every day.
- Delivery of new strategic procurement options for the precision engineering and process technology category.
- Category development and delivery, setting out the value drivers for the category and the roadmap of actions for delivery.
- Commercial interface with all other process facilities within the process technology division ensuring technical and regulatory compliance;
- Detailed risk analysis of the supply chain and asset base to establish a demand pipeline and to drive value delivery.
- Shaping and management of supplier relationships to ensure value is delivered including value definition, value creation including opportunity development and supply chain execution process; value capture including governance and compliance management and value protection to mitigate risk.
- Management and development of robust business partner relationships will be critical to success in the role. You will be expected to leverage experience of procurement strategy and delivery in your field of expertise to build these relationships. The strength of your relationship will enable you to confidently challenge business partners to think and act differently, to be creative and open to new ideas and to explore new supply chain possibilities.
- Acceptance of responsibility for delivering the value set out in your sub-category strategy.
- Experience of influencing and shaping contracts, supplier relationships and contract management will ensure you deliver the expected business benefits from the spend you are managing.
- Contribution to the development of the Procurement function’s capability bringing experience of best practice from other industries and employers.
The Ideal Person will possess the following qualifications, experience, skills and competencies:
- A university degree and ideally CIPS (or equivalent) qualification
- Experience of working across global operations or multi-site environments and a keen sense of cultural awareness.
- Experience ideally gained within energy, power generation, oil and gas or defence related sectors including NEC3 or EPC construction contracts would be highly advantageous.
- Understanding of the nuances of Precision Engineering and Automated Process Technology contracts and knowledge and skill in the development of category specific contracts which secure value for our client and mitigate risk as much as possible.
- A proven track record in value delivery, improvement activity and best practice development in Precision Engineering and Process Technology procurement.
- Understanding Precision Engineering and Process Technology markets, suppliers and technologies and how to leverage them for value for our client
- Building Precision Engineering and Process Technology sub-category and category strategies to describe how value will delivered in the short, medium and long term
- Negotiating with Precision Engineering and Process Technology suppliers to drive the right commercial and contractual outcomes
- Building relationships internally and externally to enable you to be successful in your role and to contribute to the development of our client as a world-class procurement organisation
- A thirst for knowledge, an inquisitive mind-set and drive for results.
- A knowledge of Procurement systems and technologies and the ability to put operational measures in place to ensure contracts deliver brilliantly.
In return our client offers a very competitive salary and blue-chip benefits package and the opportunity to develop your career within a market leader.
PRODUCT MANAGER - Mechanical Hardware into the OEM & Distribution Sector
Salary: c£50000 - £60000 plus benefits
Location: West Midlands
Commutable from Birmingham, Kidderminster, Stafford, Stone, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Wednesbury, Stourbridge, Halesowen, Bromsgrove, Lichfield, Tamworth, Stoke on Trent, Telford, Shrewsbury, Droitwich, Redditch, Worcester, Coventry, Warwick, Sutton Coldfield, Coleshill, Stockport, Crewe
This fast growing and acquisitive client wish to strengthen their product offering with a Product Manager responsible for mechanical hardware. You will focus on developing a pipeline of new product development to time scale and product life cycle management for customers in the OEM housebuilding/construction, building trade and DIY/hardware distribution sectors. You will take full ownership and responsibility for your designated product portfolio and deliver continued commercial success of those products by managing them according to their stage within the product lifecycle. You must have experience of NPD from ‘cradle to grave’.
- Co-ordinate market and customer research into new product and new product category ideas working with the sales, marketing, design and technical teams to harness cross functional expertise
- Be the go-to-person in the business for new product ideas, actively promote this and make yourself available to encourage idea generation across the business
- Keep abreast of product developments within the OEM & Distribution sector and competitors. Use this intelligence to identify new product opportunities
- Develop project proposals to be considered for entry into the product development process, paying close attention to cost, price and margin and for projects that merit progression work closely to the Prince2 product development and Stage Gate processes to deliver products in a timely, high quality and financially compelling manner
- Monitor project status and communicate to the rest of the business
- Work closely with Design & Technical to ensure stringent validation approvals against the product design where necessary
- Monitor the evolving needs of customers and the sales teams to ensure that projects are being treated with the right level of priority at any given time
- Work with sales and supply chain to establish initial order quantities and with marketing to deliver a fully featured launch process and collateral and also prepare training material in relation to the new product and ensure it is delivered to all relevant parties
- Create excitement across the business when stock is available in order that the products are more likely to be talked about to customers by the sales team
- In partnership with the sales team and technical teams, stay close to early adopters of new products and gather feedback on experiences of the product feeding back improvements to the design team. Feedback positive comment to the sales and marketing teams to incorporate in pitches/marketing material
- Conduct a ground up review of the product portfolio understanding the detail and intricacies of the range. Rationalise legacy and obsolete products, classify remaining products and create an action plan for each by revisiting features and benefit and re-launch to the sales force or investigate opportunities for VAVE or replacement
- Build a category development strategy for the product portfolio and manage all products accordingly including looking for opportunities to reduce the size of the portfolio, categorise & bundle product ranges, review opportunities for VAVE, re-energise products by modernising packaging, manage changeovers and ensure terminated products are sold off profitably
- Educated to degree level with a background in product management gained within the mechanical hardware/components sector focussing on OEM housebuilding, construction, building trade, DIY/hardware sectors or similar, for example automotive
- Must have experience of NPD from concept to launch as well as product portfolio management and product lifecycle management through to termination
- Prince 2 Practitioner preferred or similar methodology
- Strong strategic analysis skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Comfortable working in a matrix management environment
- Highly flexible
EUROPEAN P2P/PROCURE TO PAY PROCUREMENT OPERATIONS MANAGER
“Excellent opportunity for graduate calibre SAP eProcurement specialist to develop a high performing team to drive P2P process improvement and best practice.”
£50-55000 + Blue Chip Benefits Package
Location: North West (with UK and Mainland European travel)
Commutable from Ellesmere Port, Mold, Wrexham, Birkenhead, Wallasey, Chester, Warrington, Runcorn, Widnes, Liverpool, Crewe, Knutsford, Macclesfield, Greater Manchester, Wigan, Newton le Willows, Leigh, Heywood, Skelmersdale.
Our client is a global multinational undergoing a period of transformation and change.
As part of a strategic transformation of the procurement function moving to a shared service and category management model across its global operating units, our client seeks to strengthen its team with the appointment of an ambitious, university degree educated SAP P2P/Procure to Pay Procurement Operations Manager.
Specifically, our client would like to significantly enhance its procurement capabilities and visibility, control and management of procurement spend through greater utilisation of its SAP and SAP P2P procurement technology. The focus will be on delivering efficiencies, centralised billing, market analysis, price checking, spend analytics and reporting, transparency and control, strategic cost management ultimately delivering maximised value and improved financial performance for the organisation.
As European SAP P2P/Procure to Pay Procurement Operations Manager you will be responsible for People Management, Process Ownership and Stakeholder Engagement. Accordingly, you will be expected to travel to work with your team and stakeholders located at two sites in the UK and two sites in mainland Europe.
As SAP P2P/Procurement Operations Manager your role will be to:
- Lead a team of P2P Procurement Coordinators located in the UK and mainland Europe.
- Shape and sustain an effective and motivated team that delivers desired results (KPIs, internal customer satisfaction) by providing direction, coaching and developing team members, leveraging individual abilities and ensuring best practices are utilized.
- Coach your team to influence internal stakeholders to ensure that contracted suppliers are utilised wherever possible to ensure global efficiency.
As a Process Owner:
- Lead the initiation and delivery of transactional procurement activities within an international remit and constraints.
- You and your team will provide SAP P2P Procurement initiation across all categories of spend.
- Create and maintain SAP P2P Procurement procedures to ensure process excellence and standardisation.
- You will drive consistency and best practice across all European P2P locations.
- Through your team act provide first level support to internal operations in relation to supplier performance, working closely with Senior Buyers and Category Management to drive improvements.
- Manage and present performance indicators in internal operational reviews, analyse data & trends, implement continuous improvement.
As a Business Partner, working with key stakeholders and suppliers you will:
- Build and maintain a fluent relationship with key stakeholders such as Procurement and Category Management, IT, Plant managers, Governance and Control, to make sure that you understand their needs and work together to identify operating issues/non-efficiencies.
- Proactively assist with the ongoing roll out and management of Card Payments and other automation projects to reduce the number of SAP P2P transactions whilst also improving SAP P2P approval flows.
- Proactively contribute to the ongoing development of SAP P2P Procurement functional capabilities, ensuring sustainable value delivery and continual improvement of procurement effectiveness and efficiency.
- Interact with Senior Executives/Leadership teams to share performance updates, identified risks, issues or concerns, and helping drive best practices.
To be successful in this role you will need to possess:
- A university degree from a UK or European University. A Masters level would be highly advantageous.
- Plus CIPS qualification (minimum level 4) or equivalent.
- Previous experienced team leadership experience gained within a SAP P2P/Procure to Pay or Procurement or Finance Shared Services environment.
- A track record of mentoring, coaching, motivation and development of a SAP P2P procurement/finance shared services team.
- Experience of working across global operations or multi-site environments and a keen sense of cultural awareness.
- Excellent knowledge of SAP P2P gained from a procurement perspective.
- Extensive knowledge of procurement in a Buyer or Category or Purchasing role.
- A proven track record in value delivery, improvement activity and best practice development in SAP P2P Procurement processes.
- Outstanding capabilities in building relationships internally and externally to enable you to be successful in your role and to contribute to the development of our client as a world-class procurement organisation
- A thirst for knowledge, an inquisitive mind-set and drive for results.
- Resilience, energy and willingness to travel nationally and into Europe in order to engage with your team and key stakeholders in your quest to drive and deliver SAP P2P Procurement Process Excellence.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.