- Permanent (5)
5 Midlands East Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
LOGISTICS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
"Great career development opportunity for highly analytical, graduate calibre, logistics/transport improvement, development and projects manager to join market leading industrial manufacturer".
East Midlands (WFH & Office Based)
Commutable locations: Leicester, Syston, Market Harborough, Loughborough, Melton Mowbray, Wigston, Long Eaton, Kegworth, Coalville, Ashby de la Zouch, Hinckley, Oadby, Wigston, Oakham, Grantham, Lutterworth, Nuneaton, Tamworth, Sutton Coldfield, Bedworth, Coventry, Warwick
Our client is a major diversified industrial group specialising in the B2B and B2C bulk and cylinder tanker sector. It is a well-known UK brand and is undoubtedly regarded as a market leader. It now wishes to strengthen its logistics team with the appointment of a highly numerate and analytical Logistics Development Manager to identify and deliver logistics improvement projects.
It has considerably improved logistics performance and delivery efficiency, leveraging an increased roll out of technology to forecast demand, improve supply, vehicle fill and fleet capacity. Furthermore, it has centralised distribution delivery scheduling into a control tower operation ensuring better delivery control and visibility for B2B and B2C customers.
The implementation of several complementary systems has also unlocked significant logistics and distribution performance improvements. The appointment of a Logistics Development Manager will ensure that our client continues to extract maximum benefit from these systems for the business.
These systems also offer the opportunity to handle and process large amounts of customer delivery data to achieve future operational improvements. The Logistics Development Manager, through advanced analysis techniques, will lead the way in identifying improvement opportunities, initiatives, and projects.
* To support the achievement of continuous improvement within the logistics and supply chain planning function.
* Collect, present, and analyse data as required to support operational & strategic projects.
* Identify opportunities for improvement in logistics processes, policies and systems covering inventory, supply, and delivery points; build models for trade-off analysis, and project completion, and to provide ongoing analysis of MIS information as needed for senior management team and logistics and supply chain planning.
* The Logistics Development Manager will act as a Subject Matter Expert for logistics and S & O P systems identifying trends that could improve logistics and distribution performance.
* The Logistics Development Manager will also work alongside senior logistics and business leaders to identify improvement and change projects.
* Work closely with and support operational and IT colleagues, assisting with operational deployment, guiding the projects to completion ensuring maximum return on investment.
The Ideal Candidate:
* Degree level qualification is desirable in numerate/problem solving area.
* Current/recent experience in a transport/logistics solutions design, logistics planning, logistics development role.
* Highly experienced in analysing large complex data sets, utilising them to improve logistics operational and business performance.
* Experienced in translating analysis and trends into logistics business projects, modelling the cost and process efficiency benefits, collaborating with key operational and business stakeholders to present a business case and ROI models for the projects; managing the project pipeline and supporting operational and IT colleagues to ensure operational deployment, project completion and delivery.
* Functional/operational experience in Supply Chain and/ or Logistics from within the Contract Logistics or Industrial Manufacturing involving primary and secondary bulk and cylinder tanker and transport movements.
* A confident personality. Credible and knowledgeable with experience of managing in a matrix management environment.
* Experience of logistics and transport network modelling and logistics cost and operational modelling will be critical to success.
* Advanced Excel skills are a prerequisite. Experience of data extraction tools advantageous.
* A confident personality, comfortable with liaising at both operational and senior executive level within a multinational matrix environment.
* Highly developed analysis, planning and project skills.
* Experience of the transportation of hazardous/dangerous goods gained in an international/European arena would be highly advantageous.
* Strong commercial acumen and excellent attention to detail.
* Experience of SAP or similar ERP systems would be useful.
* Experience of tools such as Paragon, IsoTrak, Microlise, CAST useful.
HEAD OF SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNING, DISTRIBUTION & PROCUREMENT
"SI &OP specialist with excellent leadership and people development experience required to take on high profile supply chain and distribution transformation role for FMCG market leader."
Our client is a market leading designer and distributor of internationally sourced and manufactured FMCG household products.
It is now seeking a dynamic, inspirational leader and supply chain expert to head up the transformation of its supply chain planning, distribution, and procurement functions. The successful candidate will be a degree educated Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning specialist with an in depth understanding of warehousing and distribution complemented with experience of international sourcing, procurement, and supplier development.
To succeed in this transformational leadership role, you must already possess a demonstrable track record of successfully establishing and implementing integrated supply chain business and demand planning processes. This will include specifying functionality for and implementing ERP and forecasting systems.
As Head of Supply Chain Planning, Distribution and Procurement you will be a proactive and strategic thinker, very proficient at reporting and presenting business and capital investment cases at plc board level.
You will be an excellent cross functional team player, engaging and collaborating with key stakeholders within commercial, product development and finance to ensure accurate forecasts and plans and an agile, responsive supply chain function.
Operationally you will be happy to lead your team to get into the detail to drive supply chain optimisation and improvement. You will define and implement KPI's and controls to monitor analyse, report, and continuously improve supply chain performance.
You will also possess a detailed understanding of KPIs and cost to serve models critical to high levels of productivity within warehousing and distribution to ensure cost effective and efficient next day OTIF customer service to UK national customers across a variety of channels.
As Head of Supply Chain Planning, Distribution & Procurement you will be a visionary manager, leader, mentor, and coach. Your experience to date will demonstrate your strong capability in motivating, inspiring, developing and upskilling individuals, and teams, setting stretch targets, succession planning and creating a best-in-class supply chain function.
You will manage teams across inbound freight, supply chain analysis, supply chain planning and forecasting, warehousing, distribution development and procurement.
Accordingly, you will oversee the outbound logistics operation including third party carrier, haulier and sea freight partner selection and negotiation.
You will also define and create a procurement function which aligns to the wider organisation including supply chain and product development.
The focus will be on ensuring optimum supply performance. In this respect you will work closely with international procurement/sourcing colleagues, engineering and manufacturing on collaborative supplier development, innovation, and cost reduction projects.
The Successful Candidate:
* The ideal candidate will be university degree educated with professional supply chain qualifications such as APICS or equivalent.
* First and foremost a supply chain expert experienced in S & OP, demand and supply planning, warehousing and third-party logistics and freight management within a FMCG environment.
* Your procurement experience will complement your core strategic and operational supply chain expertise.
* Solid experience of defining and implementing supply chain strategy.
* Already operating at Senior Supply Chain, Head of Supply Chain, Supply Chain Controller level within a market leading FMCG organisation.
* Experience of demand planning within volatile, uncertain, and ambiguous contexts where initially all the data may not be available and efficient, connected processes may not exist.
* Experience of delivering supply chain customer service excellence and OTIF within a fast-moving next day service environment to retail, online and wholesale channels.
* Resilience and energy to lead a team through challenging situations, maintaining morale and motivation whilst driving improvements and operational performance.
* Able to demonstrate real examples of taking ownership of change and improvement projects from concept to delivery. Ability to reflect and continuously improve.
* Excellent commercial awareness of the total supply chain including order management and key account customer relationships.
* Data driven and critical thinker.
* Ability to multitask. Very organised and excellent time manager.
* Pragmatic, comfortable in the detail, results focused to get the job done.
* Strong communication and presentation skills to positively influence outcomes.
* Experience of working with lean methodologies highly advantage.
* Experience of SAP very beneficial.
CUSTOMER RELATIONS COORDINATOR- Renewable Energy Sector
C£28000 Excellent Benefits
Our client is a global market leader and innovator within the renewable energy sector.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Relations Coordinator to join our client's team in Huntingdon. This position requires a customer focused, tactful, diplomatic, yet sometimes firm approach managing customers.
As Customer Relations Coordinator you will be trained in the technical aspects of our client's product and service offer. Your role, as Customer Relations Coordinator, and the primary contact for customers, will be to understand all service-related contractual matters, ensuring that customer needs are meet, prioritizing their enquiries and responding promptly to meet customer expectations. This will require excellent verbal and written communication skills and accuracy relating to contracts. Successful coordination and collaboration with other internal departments will also be critical to the success of this role.
* Primary customer contact.
* Ensure customer needs are met, prioritising customer queries and concerns, respond quickly and appropriately to meet with customer expectations.
* Ability to understand and interpret contractual and technical matters in order to articulate customer facing responses.
* Excellent verbal communication skills and written ability to liaise with, respond to customers regarding technical issues and contractual arrangements. Relay our client's operational requirements and limitations to customers.
* Organise, manage and maintain key customer accounts. This will involve occasional travel to customers' sites, offices, and renewable energy site throughout the UK.
* Ability to produce and deliver understandable presentations for UK customers, managers, and employees.
* Proactively manage and follow up with customers for late payment of invoices and maintain customer database.
* Ensure that all parties comply with contracts. Where anomalies occur, communicate these to relevant supervisors and managers and work towards a positive outcome.
* Produce and manage reports for supervisors and management, internal/external customers both paper based and computerized.
* Demonstrable experience of working in a team/customer support role.
* A working knowledge of MS Office and other computer software for effective and efficient communication, ideally SAP and/or SCADA
* Ensure that a positive external image of our client's brand is maintained
* At least two years' experience within a customer facing role and a comprehensive understanding of customer services.
* MS office proficient, SAP experience, SCADA usage would be advantageous.
* Customer service / relations training
* Business Administration
* Positive approach to prioritising high workloads and multi-tasking
* Teamwork and the capability of cross departmental working, gaining and collating information from many sources.
* Tactful, resolute, and able to stand by decisions.
* Excellent phone manner and people interaction skills
* Ability to think on your feet and provide solutions.
In return our client offers a excellent salary and benefits package including private healthcare, pension, Employee Assistance Programme, life insurance and Cycle to Work Scheme.
To apply without delay, please email your CV quoting reference LX 662494
What's the view from your workplace? Bet it's not as good as this…
You know those annoying friends on social media? The ones with the jobs that take them to fantastic locations so they can post "This is the view from my workplace..." type posts.
How would you like to compete with that annoying friend?
Whatever their current view, it's unlikely to match the absolute beauty of the Isle of Skye - particularly if you're about 100m in the air working on a wind turbine.
That's where this role is based.
We're looking for Electrical Technicians to join our wind turbine team, based on Skye. It's a shift-based role working 8 days on, 6 off, 4 days on, 3 off. So, you'll also have plenty of opportunities to explore this unique part of the UK.
As a time-served electrical technician with a minimum of a level 3 qualification, you'll be maintaining, fault-finding, and repairing wind turbines. Occasionally, you may be required to assist with installing and commissioning new turbines in other parts of the UK. But you'll be based out of Skye for the main part.
Along with the electrical qualifications, you can probably imagine that a sense of adventure and a head for heights will be essential for this role. Along with a sturdy set of underwear! Some of our turbines are 125m tall, so you'll need to be physically fit and comfortable working at height.
Prior experience with wind turbines would be a great feature, but we know it's unlikely, so we will provide the training you need to work on our market-leading machinery.
On top of the basic salary of £27,966, we pay working pattern allowances, overtime, training, and travel allowances. Our standard day is 07:30 to 18:30 with a 30 min lunch break (10.5 hours total).
So, if you're already based on Skye or would relish the life-changing opportunity to live and work there, apply now.
Oh, and don't forget your camera. Those social media posts won't write themselves.
BUYER- ENGINEERING/CAPITAL & DECOMMISSIONING PROJECTS
"Graduate calibre high potential sought for accelerated career development programme as an engineering buyer/project procurement senior buyer within global energy leader."
C£30-40000 (Dependent on Experience) Excellent Benefits
Location: North West
Commutable from Ellesmere Port, Mold, Wrexham, Birkenhead, Wallasey, Chester, Warrington, Runcorn, Widnes, Liverpool, Crewe, Knutsford, Macclesfield, South Manchester, Wigan, Newton le Willows, Leigh, Heywood, Skelmersdale.
This is an exciting career development opportunity for a degree educated and ambitious procurement professional seeking the next step on the ladder within a global multinational energy environment. Our client is a multi-site manufacturing/processing and complex matrix organisation.
Our client has an opportunity for a Buyer to join its capital and decommissioning projects procurement management team.
Specifically, you will provide direct support to the Capital Projects Procurement Management team with the completion of existing contractual requirements as well as providing procurement support to the development of waste management and decommissioning capabilities.
This role will offer accelerated career development to a self-starter with lots of initiative, drive and ambition, keen to learn and to build the skills and technical procurement capabilities to progress on a fast track to Senior Buyer within the capital projects arena. Our client will support your CIPS studies as well as offering you lots of other training and development to enhance your career.
An interest in and some previous experience of capital projects procurement, as a Buyer, within civil and general building disciplines of construction would be a good foundation for this role. Some previous experience of drafting and executing model form contracts, such as the management of term and framework contractors will be very useful. Our client will provide extensive training.
- Manage the delivery of capital project buying activity for planned spend opportunities within defined contractual spend levels throughout the capital and decommissioning project lifecycles.
- Ensure products and services are purchased in the most cost- and time-efficient manner, delivering 'agile' solutions to implement and ensure purchasing best practices
- Manage transactional negotiating and buying activities and support wider strategic procurement management including raising purchase orders in line with SAP P2P.
- Prepare RFQ's, evaluate, re-tender, renegotiate or extends contracts and suppliers in order to facilitate tactical and strategic sourcing with relevant stakeholders.
- Use of eProcurement tools to assist in the development of detailed business needs analysis for use by Procurement Managers.
- Assist with the commercial management of procurement contracts working in liaison with Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors & Cost Engineers throughout capital and decommissioning project lifecycles.
- Assist in the development and execution of detailed tender documentation for engineering, decommissioning and waste management projects ranging in size and complexity.
- Assist with the development of supply chain strategies and value delivery plans for allocated categories of spend across the capital and decommissioning projects landscape.
- Identification of savings targets, baseline agreements and methodologies for reporting purposes.
- Reporting on forecasts, actuals, annualised and cumulative savings figures.
Assisting with the delivery of actual value savings in line with agreed forecasts and contractual parameters.
- Assist with risk analysis of key areas of the supply chain and asset base to establish demand pipeline and drive value delivery targets.
The Ideal Candidate:
- University degree educated
- Part or Fully Qualified MCIPS or willing to study.
- Experience gained within a multinational, corporate and regulated environment such as utilities, nuclear, energy, power generation, aerospace, construction, pharmaceutical, engineering, capital intensive industry, public sector OJEU environments if combined with private sector procurement experience.
- At least 18 months procurement experience in a buyer role within Direct or Indirect Spend area, Manufacturing, CAPEX, Civils, Minor Works, Capital Projects, Engineering, Facilities Management, General Building Projects, Construction arena.
- Some experience of assisting with the preparation and execution of model form contracts and the management of term and framework contractors highly advantageous but training will be provided.
- An understanding of category management principles and a working knowledge of SAP processes and functionality across the procurement process and integration with other functions.
- Some experience of supplier management including implementation of supplier management programmes with key suppliers would be highly advantageous.
- Confidence and capability to influence at all levels of the organisation through strong relationship management.
- Excellent analytical, research, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent team working ability, particularly with suppliers and procurement and category managers.
- Ability to develop and manage strong relationships both internally and externally (e.g. suppliers).
- Highly motivated with a drive for results - performance focused.
Our client offers excellent development and the opportunity to make a real difference in a complex and challenging business that really values its people