- Asia & Pacific (3)
- China (inc Hong Kong) (3)
- EUROPE (EU) (1)
- Germany (2)
- Japan (1)
- London (2)
- Midlands East (4)
- Midlands West (7)
- North East (3)
- North West (inc. Isle of Man) (3)
- South East (inc Home Counties) (2)
- South West (1)
- Thailand (2)
- Thames Valley (M4 Corridor) (1)
- UK (1)
- Yorkshire (inc Humberside) (4)
30 Permanent Jobs Found
email - as they go live.
by email - as they go live.
SENIOR BUYER/TEAMLEITER (m/w/d) EINKAUF – EINKAUFSTEAM FÜR TECHNOLOGIE- UND KAPITALPROJEKTE
„Beteiligen Sie sich an der kontinuierlichen Verbesserung – eine spannende Position für einen erfahrenen Senior Buyer (m/w/d) mit Hochschulabschluss und fließenden Deutschkenntnissen wartet auf Sie– Führung des Einkaufsteams für Technologie- und Kapitalprojekte für ein globales Energieunternehmen“
Ca. 75.000 € + attraktive Zusatzleistungen
Nordrhein-Westfalen – Unterstützung beim Umzug
Unser Kunde ist ein weltweit führendes Unternehmen im Sektor Energie, Strom- und Wärmeerzeugung.
Im Rahmen einer strategischen Umgestaltung der Beschaffungsfunktion über seine globalen Betriebseinheiten hinweg sucht unser Kunde einen innovativen und kreativen Senior Buyer/Einkaufsteamleiter (m/w/d), um in Deutschland Category-Management-Lösungen bereichsübergreifend umzusetzen. Sie leiten ein Einkaufsteam und sind für indirekte Ausgaben, Projekte im Bereich Ingenieurswesen und Finanzierung zuständig.
Wir suchen nach hoch motivierten Kandidatinnen und Kandidaten, die auf Veränderungen ausgerichtet sind und die dazu beitragen, die Beschaffungskapazität unseres Kunden maßgeblich auszubauen. Es erwartet Sie die volle Unterstützung bei der Umsetzung Ihrer strategischen Pläne in einem anspruchsvollen Unternehmen, das sich durch das unablässige Streben nach Exzellenz auszeichnet und bei der Bereitstellung von sicheren, nachhaltigen Dienstleistungen für seine Kunden keine Kompromisse eingeht. Die Verbesserung der Flexibilität der Leistungseinheit „Procurement“ und des Unternehmens insgesamt innerhalb eines stark reglementierten Umfelds ist eine äußerst attraktive Herausforderung.
Sie haben ein Geschick für kulturübergreifende Zusammenarbeit und können wesentliche Veränderungen in einem reglementierten Umfeld bewirken. Auf die Erreichung dieser teilweise miteinander konkurrierenden Ziele hinzuarbeiten und gleichzeitig einen Mehrwert für den Kunden zu generieren, schafft ein anregendes und herausforderndes Umfeld, das Sie jeden Tag aufs Neue auf die Probe stellt.
- Die Vision ist es, ein globales Beschaffungsteam einzurichten, dessen Mitglieder von betrieblichen und funktionalen Business Partnern als vertrauensvolle Berater wertgeschätzt werden. Dieses Team setzt kommerzielle und Supply-Chain-Lösungen um und regt so zu einem Umdenken an und treibt betriebsinternen Wandel voran.
In Deutschland beinhaltet das:
- Bereitstellung neuer strategischer Optionen;
- Anpassen der Verhaltensweisen von Lieferpartnern und Leistungserwartungen;
- Schaffen geeigneter Beziehungen und Neudefinieren der Erwartungen an die Lieferantenbeziehungen mit den Unternehmen.
- Ihre Fähigkeit, die diesbezüglichen Category-Strategien umzusetzen, ist ausschlaggebend für die Rolle des Senior Buyer und Teamleiters in Deutschland.
- Sie übernehmen eine Schlüsselrolle bei der Zusammenstellung eines lokalen Beschaffungsteams und dessen Realisierung der Beschaffungsvision. In Ihrer Rolle prägen Sie die Beziehung zwischen dem Einkauf und prominenten Business Leadern vor Ort, unter anderem dem Anlagenmanagement und den Finanzen, und gewährleisten, dass Einkaufs- und Betriebsziele aufeinander abgestimmt sind.
- Abgesehen vom Management eines Ausgabenbereichs sind Sie für die tägliche Führung eines Teams zuständig, dessen Aufgaben die strategische Beschaffung und Category-Planung bis hin zur P2P-Umsetzung abdecken.
- Sie vertreten den Geschäftsbereich Deutschland bei globalen Category-Management-Aktivitäten und beim Team für das globale Beschaffungswesen.
- Sie leiten den Ausbau globaler Kapazitäten und neuer Kapazitäten für unsere Funktion. Dies ist eine ausgezeichnete Gelegenheit für einen neuen Manager am Ausbau von Führungskompetenzen sowie der eigenen Beschaffungs- und Category-Management-Kompetenzen in einer globalen Matrixorganisation zu arbeiten.
- Sie leiten das Einkaufsteam erfolgreich zur Zufriedenheit der Business Partner im Betrieb in Deutschland und zur Verbesserung des Tagesgeschäfts als Erfolgsfaktor.
- Sie verfügen über ein abgeschlossenes Studium im Bereich Maschinenbau oder Naturwissenschaften oder einem vergleichbaren Fach sowie einen Abschluss auf Masterstufe im Beschaffungswesen und/oder einen abgeschlossenen Masterstudiengang.
- Mindestens 5-7 Jahre Fast-Track-Berufserfahrung als Senior Buyer, Category Manager oder im Beschaffungsmanagement mit Schwerpunkt indirekte Kategorien und Engineering.
- Mindestens 18 Monate Führungserfahrung im Bereich Beschaffung zwecks Leitung eines Teams erfahrener Einkäufer.
- Erfahrung in bereichsübergreifender Zusammenarbeit in einer globalen multinationalen Matrixorganisation. Dies umfasst beispielsweise die Sektoren Öl und Gas, Energie, Hilfsstoffe, Bergbau und Förderung von Mineralien oder die kapitalintensive industrielle Fertigung von Stahl oder Baumaterialien. Erfahrung in den Sektoren FMCG oder Pharmazeutik wird ebenso berücksichtigt, wenn der Schwerpunkt auf der indirekten Beschaffung, Projekten im Ingenieurswesen oder der Finanzierung lag.
- Sie setzen sich engagiert für einen Wandel ein und haben während Ihrer bisherigen beruflichen Laufbahn gezeigt, dass Sie bereichsübergreifende Teams mit Mitarbeitenden aus den Bereichen globale/europaweite Beschaffung, Technologie und Projektmanagement geschickt und zielsicher einsetzen können.
- Die Vorbereitung, Präsentation und Begründung von Geschäftsszenarien für die obere Führungsebene nehmen Sie souverän und kompetent in die Hand.
- Sie besitzen einen erstklassigen Leistungsausweis was den Aufbau erfolgreicher interner und externer Geschäftsbeziehungen angeht und tragen so zur Sicherung der Position unseres Kunden als weltweit führende Organisation im Bereich Beschaffungswesen bei.
- Sie bringen Erfahrung im Bereich von Beschaffungssystemen und technologien mit sowie die Fähigkeit, betriebliche Maßnahmen zu verankern, die sicherstellen, dass Verträge zum Erfolg führen.
- Sie verfügen über vertiefte Erfahrung im Einkauf und in den Bereichen Projektmanagement, Lieferantenbereitschaft und Management der Lieferantenbasis sowie über Verhandlungsgeschick im Tagesgeschäft.
- Ihre Führungskompetenz in einer multinationalen Matrixorganisation, die Zusammenarbeit im Team und Ihr ergebnisorientiertes Einbeziehen Anderer haben sich bewährt.
- Eine ausgeprägte Affinität für kaufmännische Belange und die strategische Beschaffung sowie ausgezeichnete Projektmanagementfähigkeiten und Verhandlungsgeschick in der Fertigungsindustrie zeichnen Sie aus.
- Sie übernehmen gerne Verantwortung, stellen sich Herausforderungen und treffen Entscheidungen.
- Sie bringen Eigeninitiative und Teamgeist mit und blühen in einem reglementierten Umfeld auf.
- Sie schaffen ein positives Arbeitsumfeld, indem Sie Ihre funktionale/technische Expertise und Erfahrung zeigen und an Mitarbeitende weitergeben.
- Sie haben eine ausgeprägte Kommunikationskompetenz in Wort und Schrift und legen Wert auf zwischenmenschliche Kontakte, die Darstellung der Gruppe und Teammoderation.
- Fließendes Geschäftsenglisch in Wort und Schrift und Deutsch (Muttersprache) runden Ihr Profil ab.
Im Gegenzug dafür bietet unser Kunde äußerst attraktive Gehaltsaussichten und ein erstklassiges Leistungspaket sowie die Möglichkeit, Ihre Karriere innerhalb eines marktführenden Unternehmens voranzutreiben. Die Vorstellungsgespräche finden in Deutschland statt.
Bewerben Sie sich ab sofort mit Ihrem Lebenslauf unter Angabe der Kennnummer J13631 bei firstname.lastname@example.org Tel.: 0044 1905 381 320 www.martinveasey.com
PLEASE CAN YOU SEND US YOUR CV IN BOTH GERMAN AND ENGLISH.
SENIOR BUYER/PURCHASING TEAM LEADER- ENGINEERING & CAPITAL PROJECTS BUYING TEAM
“Exciting continuous improvement role for fluent German Speaking, Degree educated, experienced Senior Buyer to lead Engineering & Capital Projects Buying Team for Global Energy Company”
C€75000 + Excellent Benefits
North Rhine-Westphalia – Relocation Assistance available
Our client is a global player within the specialist energy, electricity and power generation sector.
As part of a strategic transformation of the procurement function across its global operating units, our client seeks to strengthen its German team with the appointment of an innovative and creative Senior Buyer and Purchasing Team Leader for its indirect, engineering and capital projects buying team.
This is a key appointment at Country level and you will be based at a large processing plant working closely with senior cross functional stakeholders at executive leader level including Plant Manager and Finance Manager.
In addition, you will also work closely with centralised global category management, project procurement and P2P functions across Europe. The ideal candidate will possess a track record as a Senior Buyer, Category Manager or Purchasing Manager specialising in indirect and engineering categories. Experience of managing a team of Buyers will be essential for success in this role.
Experience will ideally have been gained within a best in class global multinational, matrix organisation. Experience of SAP would be advantageous.
- Lead, manage, motivate, coach, develop and empower a team of three Buyers specialising in indirect and engineering based categories.
- Plan, organise, lead and control the work of the German purchasing team to ensure that objectives are achieved and services are delivered to the customers/stakeholders.
- Contribute to purchasing strategy for engineering and capital projects
- Work closely with business leaders to position the business for future growth
- Leverage expertise and know how to improve purchasing’s critical processes
- Define and implement procurement and supply chain procedures and policies in line with group and category strategies
- Shape and manage supplier relationships to ensure value is delivered including value definition, value creation including opportunity development and supply chain execution process; value capture including governance and compliance management and value protection to mitigate risk.
- Management of purchasing, tactical buying, sourcing and supplier management activities to achieve cost efficient, accurate and on time purchases, including compliance to corporate purchasing policies
- Improve value adding capabilities of the indirect and engineering procurement function through best practice, cost savings, cost avoidance and spend control
- Identify, drive, implement and sustain indirect and engineering procurement focused process improvements and cost efficiency
- Actively seek improvements in supply chain activities and performance, primarily through coordination and collaboration with Supply Chain and Category Management team
- Develop reports enabling tracking of Supply Chain performance against KPI's
- Negotiate and implement supplier SLA's to meet business requirements
- Establish, implement and manage system to evaluate, monitor and report supplier scorecard performance
- Manage supplier audits from an operational capability standpoint
- Lead the purchasing team to deliver business reviews with key suppliers
- Lead the purchasing team to manage supplier accreditation activities, customer supplier support and issue resolution related to requisitions, purchase orders and goods receipts
The Ideal Candidate:
- University Degree educated in Engineering or Science or similar plus Post Graduate level qualification in Procurement and/or Master’s Degree.
- At least 5-7 years consistent, fast track career development within a Senior Buyer, Category Manager or Procurement Management roles focused on indirect and engineering categories.
- At least 18 months leadership experience within procurement in order to manage an experienced team of buyers.
- Experience of working cross functionally within a global multinational matrix environment. This could include oil and gas, energy, utilities, mining and minerals exploration, or capital-intensive industrial manufacturing sectors such as steel or construction materials. FMCG or pharmaceutical sector experience will also be considered if the focus is on indirect, engineering or capital projects focused procurement.
- You be highly motivated to deliver change and transformation and your career to date will be characterised by your ability to engage cross functional teams and global/pan European procurement, engineering and project management colleagues to achieve this.
- You will be confident and experienced in preparing, presenting and justifying business cases to senior executive level.
- Track record of building successful relationships internally and externally to contribute to the development of our client as a world-class procurement organisation
- A knowledge of Procurement systems and technologies and the ability to put operational measures in place to ensure contracts deliver brilliantly.
- Strong purchasing background with proven experience in the areas of project management, supplier readiness and day to day supply base management and demonstrated negotiations capability
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a multinational matrix organisation, work collaboratively with colleagues, and get results through others
- Excellent skills and experience in purchasing operations and strategic sourcing with ability to demonstrate strong project management and negotiation skills in a manufacturing environment
- Must welcome responsibility, challenge and decision making
- Self starter and a team player who will thrive in a regulated environment
- Creates a positive working environment by demonstrating and sharing functional/technical expertise/knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, emphasising interpersonal, group presentation and team facilitation skills
- Fluent in spoken and written Business English and (native) German language
In return our client offers a very competitive salary and blue-chip benefits package and the opportunity to develop your career within a market leader. Interviews will be held in Germany.
HEAD OF TRANSPORT PLANNING – PARAGON SPECIALIST
“Excellent opportunity for experienced and graduate calibre transport network planning & Paragon transport systems specialist to lead brand new transport management centre”
£Excellent + Blue Chip Benefits
South East Asia
Our client is global market leader. As part of an Asia Pac transformation programme to improve and drive transport network synergies, centralised planning, visibility and control, our client is seeking a Head of Transport Planning who is also a very experienced Paragon transport planning systems specialist.
As Head of Transport Planning you will lead and manage a new centralised Transport Planning Management Centre, planning our client’s very large-scale, 1500 vehicle + fleet. This will include planning inhouse full load networks, LCL networks and scheduling of a large pool of national sub-contractor transport partners. This is expected to grow further as part of an ambitious strategic plan. You and your team will support multiple sites and operations serving customers nationally. You will lead a team of Planning Managers and Planners.
The ideal applicant will be of graduate calibre, in logistics, engineering or business and a strategic thinker with excellent change programme management experience. Your career history will be characterised by fast track career progression and demonstrable achievements in transport planning excellence. Most importantly, you will possess in-depth and consistent experience of large-scale in house and sub contract fleet planning and management across multiple locations, gained within a multinational high velocity Retail or FMCG or third-party logistics environment.
This is high profile and senior customer facing role and you will play a key role in understanding and fulfilling customer transport network requirements. You will be diplomatic and confident with the experience and credibility to successfully question and extract information and constructively challenge your internal and external stakeholders and your operational colleagues.
You will be logical and data driven in understanding problems and developing practical solutions. This will include setting KPI’s, targets and goals for monitoring and evaluating operations and cost effectiveness. You will also drive and control the effective use of resources in order to stay within budget.
You will ensure statutory and legal compliance developing a culture focused on safety, quality, service excellence, integrity and cost consciousness.
- Leading the Planning Team at a new Transport Management Center.
- Using Paragon Software, you will plan and design optimised schedules creating the greatest value for our client and its customers.
- Interpret data, understand complex demand planning and create optimal transport solutions across multiple customers, business divisions and operational locations.
- Create meaningful business intelligence reports for Transport Directors and create continual improvement solutions.
- Developing strategies and use state of the art systems to optimize fleet and create innovative transport solutions for multiple business sector.
- Manage planning, solutions, costs and reporting. Create planning schedules that achieve contractual service and performance levels and continue to improve transport models to beat the budgets and develop innovation.
- Deliver operational strategies using Paragon transport planning software.
- Reviews and updates KPIs, targets, and goals within Paragon for monitoring and evaluating operations and cost effectiveness.
- Develop Paragon transport software Super Users and upskilling the planning team.
- Understand and drive optimal solutions within transport national planning execution.
- Deliver continuous and unrelenting drive for improvement within our client’s transport and distribution operations. Including logical roll out strategies to achieve ambitious targets.
- Communicate effectively and constructively and diplomatically challenges and addresses site operational issues or people orientated issues in an open and collaborative manner.
- Lead from the front with an open and approachable “hands on” coaching and mentoring management style, which encourages empowerment and accountability and engenders enthusiasm and respect.
- Accountable to Board level for the delivery of operational and financial results
The Ideal Candidate:
- University degree educated in logistics or business or engineering or science. A Master’s Degree in logistics and supply chain or transport planning would be highly advantageous.
- An experienced transport management professional experienced in running large primary and secondary road transport fleets both in house and via third party 3PL and 4PL partnerships.
- A Paragon transport software specialist. This is a prerequisite.
- At least 7-10 years transport operations management and transport network planning experience.
- Experience of transport network planning, transport control tower concepts, transport operations management and project management.
- A track record of network development including implementation of centralised planning, transport management systems, network consolidation and integration.
- Transport operations leadership, customer relationship management, and project management expertise.
- This experience may predominantly have been gained within 3PL contract logistics focused on both primary and secondary road transport or large retail or other large FMCG or Industrial multinational, multi-site, complex and high velocity transport operations.
- Highly analytical and data driven with experience of transport management, routing and planning software packages. An advanced user of Excel. A project management qualification would be highly advantageous.
- Fast track career progression to date with the ambitious and desire to progress to Director level within this dynamic growth environment.
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE – WAREHOUSING & LOGISTICS
“Career development opportunity for Degree/Masters educated Operational Excellence specialist with a track record of lean CI and programme management within multinational warehousing and supply chain operations.”
£Excellent + Blue Chip Benefits
South East Asia
Our client is a global multinational. A true market leader, they have a strong culture of safety, customer focus, quality and reliability.
Highly successful and long-established with industrial expertise across a number of verticals, our client has a global network of operations and integrated state-of-the-art information technology across warehousing and transport.
As a result of internal promotion, they are seeking a Director of Operational Excellence. As the Director of Operational Excellence, you will combine strategic insight and execution excellence. You will be responsible for the overall delivery, implementation and maintenance of the operational excellence programme across multiple countries and supply chain (predominantly warehousing) operations. This will include facilitating the lean, continuous improvement process, training local teams, ensuring the sustainability of local compliance, coaching local Operational Excellence Programme Managers in managing improvement projects and training the local operations and management teams, continuous identification and development of best practice.
Specifically, this will include strategies for lead time reduction, faster time to market, process excellence and product lifecycle management. Our client’s objective is enhanced service levels and efficiency throughout its supply chains, through best practice sharing and a culture of continuous improvement. This includes increased transport, warehousing, management and supplier-related efficiency via enhanced traceability systems, optimised costs and inventory levels. Our client’s aim is to mitigate supply chain risks through high flexibility and adaptability to change and a reduced negative impact on the environment via its sustainability initiatives.
Our client is seeking a university degree/Master’s degree educated Engineering or Logistics professional with a track record of Operational Excellence focused on large, multi-site manual, automated and semi-automated warehousing and logistics operations. This may include end-to-end fulfilment solutions, including order management, inventory planning, order picking and packaging, value-added logistics services such as repair services and spare parts or production or retail or ecommerce logistics. This experience may have been gained either inhouse within a multinational retailer, manufacturer or third-party contract logistics environment. Candidates must have specifically worked within a lean, continuous improvement and operational excellence function. Earlier operational leadership and change programme management experience must also be highly evident in your experience. Multi country, multi-site and multinational experience are prerequisites.
You will work in partnership with highly experienced and skilled warehousing and logistics leadership colleagues to develop just-in-time and scalable solutions that optimise operations and boost productivity. You will apply best practices and management skills to improve business processes – enabling our client’s supply chains to gain a genuine competitive edge in the marketplace. Through optimising organisational structures, improving critical material and information flows you and your Operational Excellence team will create sustainable value for the future, keeping business processes agile, smart and able to respond quickly to the pace of change. Accordingly, your track record will include experience of end-to-end supply chain management and lean operational excellence which have driven efficiency and achieved optimum performance.
- Lead the Operations Excellence function across a cluster of countries.
- Responsible and accountable for delivery of the agreed global agenda and value of Operational Excellence initiatives within the cluster.
- Ensure that the Operational Excellence agenda is aligned to support the business needs in each country within the cluster.
- Responsible for the Operational Excellence input to new business tenders and proposals
- Supports effective start-ups and implementations by providing resources, advice and guidance.
- Seeks commercial opportunities from promoting Operational Excellence initiatives with customers.
- Communication responsibility - to business, to customers, to employees.
- Represent the Operational Excellence agenda as a key member of the cluster senior leadership team.
- Working closely with senior colleagues in Safety, Quality, Compliance, Sustainability and HR you will be responsible for Operational Excellence across all elements of our client’s operations.
- Lead the Operational Excellence function by example, supporting the cluster senior leadership and management teams on their journey towards Lean thinking
- Fosters a lean thinking, continuous improvement culture and relentlessly seeks opportunities for improvements on all levels within the organisation.
- Maintains close relationship with customers from the business development phase through the customer life cycle.
- Ensures accurate management reporting from operational sites, utilising this management information to make recommendations for continuous improvement and take mitigating action.
The Ideal Candidate:
- University degree/Master’s degree educated in Engineering, Logistics, Business or similar
- Track record gained within a global multinational, best in class, matrix corporate environment.
- Current or very recent experience within an Operational Excellence role in APAC or Europe would be particularly advantageous.
- Previous experience of operational line management in a supply chain and logistics environment, with a strong emphasis on warehousing, will be essential to success.
- Industry sector experience could be industrial, automotive, retail, FMCG manufacturing or third-party contract logistics.
- Must demonstrate excellent and successful change and programme management experience in a culturally diverse and dynamic growth/transformational corporate environment.
- Solid understanding of the operational excellence function
- Excellent project and programme management skills ideally with a project management qualification.
- Strong leadership capability with gravitas. Capability to deliver a compelling vision and to inspire, motivate, empower and facilitate change through direct and indirect teams.
- Strong commercial acumen and financial capability familiar with partnering with commercial/sales teams and working closely with clients from tender to implementation and beyond.
- Excellent experience and track record of implementing Lean methodologies and a continuous improvement.
- Strong influencing skills and credibility with senior stakeholders, confident strategists, highly adept at presenting compelling business cases for change and improvement to board level.
- Diplomatic and mature with excellent listening skills, able to quickly assimilate a situation, analyse the data and facts and prepare a compelling plan of action taking account of all opportunities and risks.
- A fantastic team leader with the ability to work effectively and deliver successfully via direct and indirect teams within the Operational Excellence network within the organisation.
ASPHALT TECHNICAL PRODUCT SUPPORT MANAGER
“Experienced Asphalt technical or Asphalt operations professional to identify and drive key account specification sales led business opportunities within value added and specialist asphalt technical product sales. Must have experience of delivering CPD presentations to Architects, Main Contractors and Specifiers”
C£40-45000 + Car/Allowance, Bonus & Benefits
Newcastle Upon Tyne (Northern Field Based Remit)
Commutable Locations: Tyne & Wear, Durham, North Yorkshire, Stockton on Tees, Northumberland
Our client is a multisite division of a large and well-respected FTSE 100 international group specialising in construction materials. Due to impending retirement our client is now seeking an Asphalt Technical Product Support Manager. This is an interesting and varied role covering the Northern/North East region of the UK.
As Asphalt Technical Product Support Manager, you will work closely with commercial teams to identify opportunities for business growth and upselling of non-standard valued added and special asphalt products. Therefore, you must have at least 3-4 years asphalt technical experience gained in a design, operations or technical role. This will be very important as you will be communicating and building relationships with asphalt technical personnel both internally and externally about specifications, additives, planning, production and asphalt technicians on site.
You will also possess the confident personality and drive to build relationships and undertake CPD presentations to architects, local authorities, specifiers, main contractors. Internally you will be responsible for training commercial colleagues both within internal and external sales whilst also being responsible for coordinating production including asphalt plant capability, commercial and logistics. You will also be involved in new production innovation to meet customer requirements. So effectively you will operate as a key account manager and a technical product specialist. Experience of different types of bitumen, additives and polymers would be advantageous but training will be provided however core asphalt technical knowledge as a foundation skill set, as outlined above, will be a prerequisite.
- To maximise Asphalt Value Added Product sales through identification of opportunities and technical upselling of the key benefits which asphalt value added products can deliver.
- A key customer support role within the Northern/North East Region, focussing on developing Local Authority and Main/Key Contractor relationships leading to promotion of primarily Asphalt Solutions/Value Added Products via CPD presentations, regular meetings, contract reviews, site assessments, material selection, specification and pavement design input.
- To participate in the national technical approach / ‘technical sell’ to external specifiers, architects, contractors and local authorities to ensure Asphalt Value Added Products/Innovation become accepted for use and are ideally specified.
- To differentiate our client from its competition by providing a unique level of service/support in terms of specification writing, product selection and sustainability advice.
- Intelligent focussed Asphalt Value Added Product promotion based on national and local targets with based on projected profit / return at specific supply units.
- Increased volumes / wallet share from Local Authorities by becoming a supplier of choice.
- Attending Commercial meetings and identifying and supporting associated opportunities. Identifying slow moving Asphalt Value Added Products and contributing to creating action plans to improve sales.
- To participate in the practical development of new products and facilitation of any related trials
- To ensure successful launch of new products within the Region and thereafter support and monitor longer term sales progress.
- To support commercial in the review, support and assessment of Accredited Contractors, including advice and control of the use of our client’s Value-Added Products.
- Contribute to Marketing and Client Communication newsletters
- Promote our client’s Asphalt Value Added Products at industry conferences and events
- Leading key commercial training requirements i.e. Role to selected product range.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Currently working within construction materials sector and specifically with Asphalt/Bitumen products.
- Asphalt technical knowledge including asphalt technical operations will be a prerequisite for this role.
- Must have at least 3-4 years Asphalt technical experience gained in a design, operations or technical role.
- Examples of qualified experience may include asphalt plant management, asphalt quality control, asphalt quality approval and inspection, paving and construction operations, asphalt technical services and field support or other relevant asphalt paving design experience.
- Experience as an asphalt additive or asphalt speciality product field support or technical sales role would also be very relevant.
- Ability to perform and understand asphalt volumetric mix design and quality control processes, specifications ideal.
- Working familiarity with asphalt plant operation, controls, automation and mechanisms.
- Able to communicate effectively with asphalt production, operation and construction crews and colleagues.
- Ability to perform under pressure to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Confident personality and drive to build long term sustainable B2B relationships and undertake CPD presentations to architects, local authorities, specifiers, main contractors.
- Experience of different types of bitumen and additives and polymers would be advantageous.
- First-hand experience of operational technical duties, preferably including site operations.
- Previous experience of dealing with customer issues and preferably with existing established Local Authority contacts / relationships.
- Demonstrate strong commercial acumen and a personal hunger and drive to succeed.
- Working knowledge of Quality Assurance systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of pavement design concepts and issues.
- Planning, organising and time management skills.
- Good ability to communicate with customers and colleagues. Collaborative and consultative style.
- Computer literate especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent longer-term career development opportunities with our multinational client into broader sales roles or into research and development, pavement design or QC.
To apply without delay, please email your CV quoting reference J13627.
PR & MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR -B2B
“Newly created opportunity for degree educated journalism and PR focused marketing communications professional to support three business units specialising in the construction/building/architectural materials, industrial flooring, access solutions and fire protection products/solutions sector.”
C£25-30000 + Benefits
Commutable from: Birmingham, Coventry, Warwick, Nuneaton, Atherstone, Bedworth, Rugby, Kenilworth, Leamington Spa Sutton Coldfield, Lichfield, Dordon, Coleshill, Stratford on Avon, Leicester, Rugby, Bromsgrove, Lichfield, Tamworth, Hinckley, Ashby de la Zouche
Our client is a market leader in access, secure entry and fire protection solutions to the industrial and retail construction projects sector working with architects, consulting engineers, specifiers and main construction contractors.
This is a newly created position to support our client's growth plans for its range of bespoke, solutions in the UK market. As a result of acquisition and merger they would like to appoint a PR & Marketing Communications Coordinator to work closely with the Divisional Marketing Manager in the delivery of the PR/Public Relations and marketing communications strategy and plan for the UK business. At least 90% of the role will be focused on PR/Public Relations and the associated content creation including writing press releases, case studies and technical sales support collateral for the three businesses and their sales teams. Therefore, this role will suit someone with a flair for writing and a track record of producing PR material and content.
- Work with the sales teams across the three businesses to develop PR & marketing communications activities, optimising synergies where possible and driving PR & marketing communications initiatives through to completion.
- Support the sales team and their lead generation activities with the production of PowerPoint and CPD presentations to support major specification sales project bids and tenders.
- Maintain and add to the content on all three company websites.
- Implement effective SEO techniques to improve organic search results.
- Maintain social media presence across the different channels (in particular Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube)
- Design and create print ready artwork for adverts, exhibition graphics, brochures and case studies and CPD presentations
- Produce/write copy for the website(s), including technical data sheets, CPDs, case studies, blogs, news, brochures and email marketing campaigns.
- Organise all aspects of exhibition attendance including stand planning, booking and creation of exhibition graphics and promotional materials.
- Manage the creation of technical articles and maintain regular contact with relevant trade press editors and trade bodies to ensure coverage.
- Write and circulate press releases.
- Set up and manage advertising campaigns including social media and industry trade bodies
- Monitor website performance.
- Organise customer events from venue booking, content planning and invitation through to follow up.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role in B2B Public Relations and Marketing Communications, and will preferably have a relevant journalism or marketing degree. This may be supplemented with a Chartered Institute of Marketing qualification or Post Graduate studies/training in journalism and/or public relations, creative writing, digital strategy and marketing communications. You will be a self-motivated team player with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Experience of working closely with commercial sales/specification sales teams, in a PR and marketing communications role, within the B2B sector.
- Evidence/portfolio of strong copy writing skills for online and offline content including case studies, CPDs, articles, press releases, advertorials and blogs
- Experience of using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, knowledge of Adobe Illustrator an advantage
- Knowledge of content management system (ideally WordPress) very useful
- Experience of using CRM system
- Experience of managing social media channels
- Experience of organising exhibitions and events
- A positive ‘Can-do’ attitude with a hands-on approach within a dynamic high growth business.
- Confident personality, able to influence and work in partnership with senior stakeholders such as the Sales Director, Managing Director and Sales/Commercial teams in relation to PR and marketing plans.
- Ambitious and keen to develop a career in PR and Marketing Communications.
OPERATIONS MANAGER – PRODUCTION
“Transformational change and leadership role for university degree educated Engineering professional, with lean, CI & Six Sigma experience required to manage specification sales led production and assembly operation. Experience of sheet metal CNC forming, pressing and welding processes advantageous”
Salary: £50-60000 (Dependent on Experience) + Bonus & Benefits
Commutable from Nuneaton, Tamworth, Atherstone, Dordon, Bedworth, Hinckley, Lichfield, Ashby de la Zouche, Leicester, Coventry, Rugby, Lutterworth, Sutton Coldfield, Coleshill, Cannock, Rugeley, Burton upon Trent, Birmingham, Solihull, Warwick, Leamington Spa
Our client is a market leader in the specifications sales led manufacture and supply of mechanical security and service access solutions to the industrial and commercial sector including hotels, airports, shopping centres, high rise buildings, hotels, rail/underground, hospitals/care homes, university student accommodation, commercial and residential developments, interior design and fit out sector. Our client’s sales team works closely with architects, specifiers and main contractors.
Following a recent restructure and ambitious growth plans, our client is now seeking an Engineering graduate for the role of Operations Manager – Production. The successful candidate will be responsible for transformational change and leadership within this make to order production and assembly operation. The ideal candidate will have previous experience of lean, CI and Six Sigma in order to strategically develop and enhance production capability to meet increased order numbers, improve operational output and performance.
The production facility consists of sheet metal CNC cutting and forming/press machines, CNC machine centre, welding, painting, assembly and packing. Orders are supplied nationally and internationally. Whilst experience of sheet metal operations would be advantageous it is not a prerequisite however candidates must be champions of best in class health and safety within high performing lean CI production and assembly environments.
You will undertake a strategic review and analysis, working with senior executives at group and divisional level, in order to develop the best operational model for our client for now, the medium and long term in line with anticipated forward demand and sales growth. As Operations Manager- Production you will progressively improve production capacity, introduce additional shifts, further up skill and develop the team to ensure succession planning as the operation grows. The focus will be on establishing the foundations and continuously improving to achieve best in class production and assembly. You will manage the whole production and assembly operation from end to end.
⦁ Manage and develop the production, maintenance and engineering functions.
⦁ Manage the production performance, planning and day to day running of the production and assembly operation
⦁ A “hands on” manager prepared to lead from the front with a ‘’get it done” attitude.
⦁ Drive a strong ‘’safety first’’ culture
⦁ Ensure customer orders are fulfilled in full and on time and within stringent service level agreements.
⦁ Transform performance through implementation of best practice processes and continuous improvement tools.
⦁ Uses established operational tools – lean, six sigma, and world class manufacturing techniques to deliver best in class performance on productivity, machinery utilisation, waste and OTIF.
⦁ Adherence to Quality standards
⦁ Primary safety leader of the production operation; directing all activities of the operation to ensure customer needs are met as well as efficient production, ensuring Health & Safety and Quality standards are met and maintained.
⦁ Ensures that delivery lead times are within policy to achieve OTIF targets.
⦁ Reviews weekly/ monthly/ quarterly production forecasting and scheduling and maintenance activities of the overall operation.
⦁ Responsible for income and expense related activities and performance
⦁ Responsible for all inventory, including raw material, work in progress and finished goods, and related values and Kanban replenishment of same.
The Ideal Candidate:
⦁ University degree in Engineering/Manufacturing.
⦁ Experienced in the application of lean operational excellence, CI & Six Sigma tools – green or black belt.
⦁ At least 5-7 years previous manufacturing/production and assembly operations management experience,
⦁ Track record of success as a transformational change agent and leader.
⦁ Significant experience as a people manager and good leadership, management and supervisory skills required.
⦁ Evidence of coaching and mentoring essential.
⦁ Able to drive a strong safety culture.
⦁ Proven track record in problem solving, process development, and directing engineering projects to improve the equipment and technology.
⦁ Previous financial analysis and P & L management experience.
⦁ Experience implementing Quality Management Systems.
⦁ Experience of implementing ERP and production planning systems.
⦁ Efficiency driven- monitoring output and management of raw materials.
⦁ Accomplished communicator.
⦁ Target driven – production, inventory levels/ forecasting
⦁ Excellent time management.
⦁ Strong organisation skills. A structured, systematic and logical thinker.
⦁ Must be able to prioritise and manage customer requirements, working closely with colleagues in sales, logistics and customer service.
⦁ Strong analytical and computer literacy skills especially Excel and PowerPoint
⦁ Confident and experienced in business case presentation, persuasion and influencing at senior stakeholder/executive level.
To apply, without delay, please email your CV in word format, quoting reference J13632.
SAP PROCUREMENT COORDINATOR – PROCURE TO PAY/P2P
C£32-35000 + Excellent Benefits
Location: North West
Commutable from Ellesmere Port, Mold, Wrexham, Birkenhead, Wallasey, Chester, Warrington, Runcorn, Widnes, Liverpool, Crewe, Knutsford, Macclesfield, South Manchester, Wigan, Newton le Willows, Leigh, Heywood, Skelmersdale.
Our client is a global player within the specialist energy, electricity and power generation sector.
As part of a strategic transformation of the procurement function moving to a shared service and category management model across its global operating units, our client seeks to strengthen its team with the appointment of an ambitious, graduate calibre procurement professional with experience of SAP Procure to Pay/P2P. This is a high-profile role located and you will be interacting and engaging with Category/Procurement, Finance and other key cross functional executives across the UK and mainland Europe in relation to P2P.
As SAP P2P/Procure to Pay Procurement Coordinator, operating as part of a P2P team, you will report to the European Procurement Operations Leader and will ensure the accurate and effective initiation of the SAP procure to pay/P2P process in line with contractual arrangements with suppliers. The objective will be to ensure compliance, education and engagement in relation to procurement policies and to enable efficient transactional processing. Specifically, you will work with European sites and their Procurement Business Partners providing operational support in relation to Procure to Pay/P2P initiation for all categories of spend. A detailed working knowledge of SAP procurement modules will be critical to success in this role, as well as a working understanding of key supplier contracts. Accuracy, attention to detail and efficiency of process completion are important attributes for this role.
In your role as SAP Procurement Coordinator Procure to Pay/P2P, you will:
- Initiate the SAP Procure to Pay/P2P process, specifically the accurate conversion of purchase requisitions to purchase orders. This may include low value, low risk sourcing.
- Provide procurement operational support to procurement colleagues at European sites.
- Work closely with Category Managers and Senior Buyers in European operations in relation to supplier performance management as well as business partners and requisitioners directly.
- Ensure efficient process completion. Assist with the roll out and ongoing account management for Card Payments and/or Automation projects to reduce the number of P2P transactions required.
- Influence and challenge internal customers on procedural issues and ensure contracted supplier use.
- Development of category data and reporting to Senior Buyers and Category Managers.
- Contribute to improvements in requisition quality, timescales and process efficiency.
- Actively contribute to the ongoing development of functional capabilities to ensure value delivery is sustainable in the long term and functional effectiveness and efficiencies are improved on a continual basis.
The Ideal Applicant:
- Graduate calibre – minimum A level or equivalent and above. In addition, part or fully qualified in CIPS or similar Procurement qualification advantageous or willing to study.
- At least 3-5 years consistent, fast track career development in procurement and specifically SAP procurement to pay/P2P.
- Knowledgeable in terms of the SAP Procurement Modules.
- In depth SAP procure to pay/P2P process experience.
- Strong analytical, numerical and reporting skills.
- Well developed communication skills gained within a multinational matrix organisational structure.
- Confident stakeholder engagement skills familiar with liaising with senior executives.
- Current or recent experience with a multinational organisation in similar role utilising SAP and supplier accreditation systems.
- Candidates with procure to pay experience gained within procurement or accounts payable functions seeking long term career in procurement.
In return our client offers a very competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to develop your career within a market leader.
TECHNICAL PRODUCT SUPPORT MANAGER – Asphalt and Pavement Design Technology
“Support Commercial, Bid and Operational Teams by promoting pavement assessment, design, rehabilitation services and materials to Local Authorities, Highways England, Contractors and major Civil Engineering Consultancies.”
North England and Scotland
c£40000/45000+Car+Bonus+blue chip company benefits
Our client is a market leader in highways contracting solutions and supply of materials for pavement construction. They work with Local Authorities, Highways England, civil engineering consultancies and main contractors.
You will work within the Technical Directors team working closely with Commercial & Bid teams and will promote both contracting services and materials including asphalt and value-added materials.
This is a fantastic role for a qualified and experienced business development person to promote asphalt and value-added products in the region. You will be experienced in presentations and support to customers. Most importantly you will be highly technical adept in relation to asphalt materials, technology and contracting operations.
- Maximise Value Added product sales through identification of opportunities and technical upselling of the key benefits they can deliver
- Key customer support within the Region, focussing on developing Local Authority and Key Contractor relationships leading to promotion of primarily Asphalt Solutions and Added Value products via presentations, regular meetings, contract review, site assessments, material selection, specification and pavement design input.
- Participate in the national technical approach and technical sell to external specifiers and local authorities to ensure Value-Added Products and Innovation become accepted for use and are ideally specified.
- Differentiate from the competition by providing a unique level of service and support in terms of specification writing, product selection and sustainability advice.
- Increased volumes and share from Local Authorities by becoming supplier of choice.
- Regular liaison and support to selected Local Authorities, targeted Key Contractors and National Contracting division within sector and geographical locations to increase Value Added Product sales.
- Intelligent focussed Value-Added Product promotion based on national and local targets based on projected profit and return at specific supply units.
- Ensuring Region and Area focus on National Value-Added Product related initiatives and establish a faster route to market for new products where possible.
- Attending Commercial meetings and identifying and supporting associated opportunities. Identifying slow moving Value-Added Products and contributing to creating action plans to improve sales.
- Identify future R&D opportunities and participate in the development and launch of new products within the Region, support and monitor longer term sales progress.
- Support commercial team in the review, support and assessment of accredited contractors, including advice and control of the use of Value-Added Products.
- Assist with securing supplies to longer term Local Authority Framework Contracts via National Contracting or material supply deals with incumbent or newly contractors.
- Contribute to Marketing and Client Communication newsletters and promote Value-Added Products at industry conferences and events. Leading key commercial training requirements in selected product ranges.
- Develop excellent relationships with Local Authorities, key customers, Technical Teams, Systems Manager, Technical Centre, Site Technicians, Regional and Concrete Value-Added Product peers, National BDM’s and Area Sales Managers, External and Internal Sales, National Contracting, Production, Logistics, External Consultants etc.
- First-hand experience of operational technical duties, including site contracting operations.
- Previous experience of dealing with customer issues and preferably with existing established Local Authority contacts and relationships.
- Good understanding of both industry and current asphalt and other product availability and keen to focus on future needs and opportunities.
- Good knowledge of local issues in the Northern England and Scotland region and ability to identify opportunities.
- Working knowledge of Quality Assurance systems and procedures would be useful.
- Knowledge of pavement design concepts and issues.
- Planning, organising and time management skills.
- Good ability to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues. Strong presentation skills.
- Computer literate.
- Full driving license as there will be extensive travel throughout the region.
TEST LABORATORY MANAGER - TESTING & CERTIFICATION
“Career development and leadership opportunity for commercially focused Test & Certification specialist with best in class experience gained in mechanical and electrical test engineering or other disciplines, including chemical, metallurgical, forensics etc to UK and International Industry Standards”
Salary: c£Very Competitive + Excellent Large Company Benefits
Commutable from Birmingham, Kidderminster, Stafford, Stone, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Wednesbury, Stourbridge, Halesowen, Bromsgrove, Lichfield, Tamworth, Stoke on Trent, Telford, Shrewsbury, Droitwich, Redditch, Worcester, Coventry, Warwick, Sutton Coldfield, Coleshill, Stockport, Crewe
Our client is a well-established and respected manufacturer of fixtures, fittings and components both mechanical and electronic in the home and building infrastructure products sector. Highly acquisitive and experiencing excellent growth, the company is based in a brand-new office, distribution centre and test centre complex in the West Midlands close to the M6/M54 but has operational facilities and subsidiaries nationally and globally.
They are now seeking to strengthen their Test Centre team with the appointment of a Manager to head up their brand-new Test & Certification facility. Our client offers testing and certification services both on an in-house basis to internal group companies and also to external customers including other manufacturers of mechanical, electrical and electronic components and products, in line with industry and national and international standards and certifications. The role also encompasses management of product certification schemes to ensure continuity of compliance and maximise value from product certifications
Testing equipment is pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical/electronic and could cover tensile testing as well as a wide range of other tests.
You will manage our client’s brand-new Test Engineering Centre, ensuring that internal and external customer needs are met, providing an exemplary service, managing product certification scheme to ensure continuity of compliance and maximum value from product certifications.
- Promote and maintain compliance with procedural requirements and best practice for safety, health and environmental factors associated with testing operations, ensuring suitable provision is made for the identification of hazards and management of risks
- Develop & maintain the necessary systems and competencies within the testing team to manage daily operations, testing scheduling, and quote and report generation
- Promote and maintain professional standards of service.
- Manage the testing capacity to suitably cater for customer indicative, UKAS accredited, competitor analysis, development and audit test requirements.
- Develop & maintain the necessary systems and competencies within the testing team to manage daily operations, testing scheduling, and quote and report generation
- Preparation of audit test samples for our client’s certified product testing.
- Maintain a test quotation and booking service with transparent lead times and manage the provision of testing to agreed service levels.
- Maintenance and development of UKAS accredited ISO 17025 Laboratory management system, manuals, procedures and accreditation requirements.
- Identification and implementation of testing service improvements including scope of service and efficiency
- Promotion of our client’s testing services within the industry to maximise value.
- Development and maintenance of our client’s product certifications including CE marking, Kitemark and Certify product schemes, and product specific testing evidence.
- Monitor and evaluate developments within industry testing and product standards, identifying threats and opportunities and liaising with key stakeholders.
- Represent our client’s testing services at the Test House Studies Group.
- Manage and develop the Test Engineers and Team Leader to ensure flexibility and quality of service.
- Maintain good relationships internally with key members of executive team as well as customers and external bodies.
The Ideal Applicant:
- Degree/HNC/HND educated in Mechanical or Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Metallurgy, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Forensics or similar.
- Experience of Electrical/Electronic Engineering advantageous. Experience could be gained in mechanical, electronic, chemicals, biological, metals sectors or forensics.
- Currently working within a similar specialist testing team or alternatively as part of a quality or product development function within a manufacturing environment but keen to develop career further into testing and certification.
- Experienced leading and motivating a team of engineers including apprentice engineers.
- Experience of BSI standards essential.
- Customer facing experience essential – this could be external customers or internal customers within different product or manufacturing divisions of the same organisation.
- •Experience of planning resource allocation and creating and presenting reports.
- Structured problem-solving techniques, including analysis and corrective and preventative action identification
- Ability to technically appraise company and competitor products.
In return our client offers a very competitive salary plus pension, 25 days holiday and the option to choose from a wide variety of other benefits offered by our client.
MAINTENANCE MANAGER - HEAVY ENGINEERING & PROCESSING ENVIRONMENT
“Exceptional career development opportunity for an Engineering Graduate, with track record of excellence in maintenance management to join market leader at strategically important production & processing facility.”
C£45-50000 + Car/Allowance and Excellent Benefits
Stratford upon Avon, Warwickshire
Our client is a world leader, with a £multibillion turnover and plants on virtually every continent. Its investment in the latest heavy engineering and processing technology ensures its reputation as one of the world’s most sustainable corporations.
As part of its policy of continuous improvement and development they are seeking an ambitious Engineering Graduate who is very keen to take the next step into a Maintenance Management role at a strategically important site.
Reporting to a recently appointed and highly experienced Plant Manager, the Maintenance Manager will lead a small team of electricians and mechanical fitters, ensuring that plant equipment and maintenance systems are maintained, developed and improved within a manufacturing and Continuous Improvement environment and culture.
The focus is safety first and zero harm and as Maintenance Manager you will champion and proactively promote this safe working ethos amongst your team and contractors. You will lead the daily management of a production critical maintenance department including spares inventory and warehouse management on a processing/production site which operates on a 24/5 basis. Assets include: shredding and crushing equipment, motors and sensors, mobile/materials handling equipment for transportation of material across the site, packaging and palletising equipment.
Therefore, our client is seeking an Engineering professional (mechanical and/or electrical) with a recent track record of engineering and maintenance team leadership gained within a “best in class”, quality focused, processing and production operation.
The Maintenance Manager will lead an experienced and competent team of mechanical and electrical engineers and will work with the Production Manager and cross functional colleagues in implementing all maintenance operations, mechanical, electrical and process control across inspection, planning, scheduling, execution and improvement phases. The objective will be to deliver a culture of continuous improvement and proactiveness not only within maintenance operations but also safety and health, environmental compliance and plant reliability.
Our client is seeking a high potential who is already adept at working to stringent KPI’s and performance indicators. Successful candidates will be able to evidence excellent people development, managing engineering maintenance team performance via regular reviews, training, coaching and mentoring whilst also recognising potential with a view to succession planning.
Maintenance and budgetary planning experience will be essential as you will be a key member of the site leadership team. You will also be an excellent problem solver, structured, systematic and logical.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong technical engineering and maintenance background gained within heavy processing sectors such as cement, aggregates, minerals or steel.
- Develop a high-performing engineering and maintenance team with a culture of delivery and continuous improvement through effective leadership and management to deliver operational excellence.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant statutory legislation and the internal company Safety, Health and Environmental Standards.
- Drive improvements in plant equipment availability and performance, including costs, through the implementation of engineering maintenance best practices across the whole site.
- Own, develop and evolve the site’s engineering maintenance strategy, implementing a common maintenance platform.
- To monitor and ensure implementation and delivery of engineering maintenance procedures, initiatives and controls across all areas of responsibility.
- Liaise between functions to ensure team work, consistency, co ordination and best practice to eliminate losses from poor practices or communication and to expedite learning.
- Develop annual maintenance budgets for the site, highlighting operational constraints and the value adding performance that Maintenance can make.
- Ensure the application of defect elimination/Pareto/root cause failure analysis to all losses and be responsible for the recommendation/implementation of solutions.
- Management of the established site maintenance, planning and cost reporting systems to maximise their potential to the organisation.
- Keep abreast of and apply where appropriate new condition monitoring technologies, maintenance improvement 'tools' and processes.
- Support the development of engineering staff by defining, and where necessary, providing training in activities that support maintenance improvement and coaching.
- Define and implement KPI’s to monitor the performance of all maintenance employees and contractors.
- Apply and communicate the engineering and maintenance improvement strategy for the site including proactively supporting cross functionally to ensure maintenance practices are adopted and implemented.
The Ideal Candidate:
- University degree educated in Engineering. Must understand both engineering and business management principles.
- An appreciation of a wide variety of engineering disciplines i.e. electrical, mechanical, process control and optimisation will be critical to success and credibility in this role.
- Master’s degree/other post graduate CPD highly advantageous.
- Your engineering & maintenance team management experience will be from very high safety culture, heavy engineering processing environments. Cement, aggregates, mining and minerals or steel/metals industry would be particularly interesting sectors.
- Consistent industry career history including existing or recent experience as a Maintenance Engineer or Coordinator, Maintenance Shift Team Leader or Supervisor/Manager, Maintenance Planner, Reliability and Asset Supervisor or Manager or other similar Maintenance Engineering leadership role.
- You will possess a demonstrable track record of engineering maintenance team leadership, motivation and development, working closely with HR to produce competency matrices, training plans, talent identification, coaching and mentoring.
- Experience using continuous improvement techniques will be critical to success. Change and project management experience will therefore be highly advantageous.
- You will have experience of preparing and managing maintenance engineering budgets.
- Excellent project management skills are essential as you will play a key site lead role in terms of capital expenditure projects.
- A high level of IT literacy is essential i.e. Microsoft Excel and maintenance management and process control systems.
- You will be an excellent communicator both in written and verbal format with executive presence, gravitas and technical and professional credibility.
- You will be an adept at engaging at all levels from the maintenance team to senior management and cross functionally, with well-honed persuasion and influencing skills.
- Resilient, driven, results focused personality - a high achiever.
In return our global multinational client offers a very competitive salary and benefits package, plus the opportunity to make a real difference to a market leading operation at an exciting stage of its continued growth and development.
EUROPEAN P2P/PROCURE TO PAY PROCUREMENT OPERATIONS MANAGER
“Excellent opportunity for graduate calibre SAP eProcurement specialist to develop a high performing team to drive P2P process improvement and best practice.”
£50-55000 + Blue Chip Benefits Package
Location: North West (with UK and Mainland European travel)
Commutable from Ellesmere Port, Mold, Wrexham, Birkenhead, Wallasey, Chester, Warrington, Runcorn, Widnes, Liverpool, Crewe, Knutsford, Macclesfield, Greater Manchester, Wigan, Newton le Willows, Leigh, Heywood, Skelmersdale.
Our client is a global multinational undergoing a period of transformation and change.
As part of a strategic transformation of the procurement function moving to a shared service and category management model across its global operating units, our client seeks to strengthen its team with the appointment of an ambitious, university degree educated SAP P2P/Procure to Pay Procurement Operations Manager.
Specifically, our client would like to significantly enhance its procurement capabilities and visibility, control and management of procurement spend through greater utilisation of its SAP and SAP P2P procurement technology. The focus will be on delivering efficiencies, centralised billing, market analysis, price checking, spend analytics and reporting, transparency and control, strategic cost management ultimately delivering maximised value and improved financial performance for the organisation.
As European SAP P2P/Procure to Pay Procurement Operations Manager you will be responsible for People Management, Process Ownership and Stakeholder Engagement. Accordingly, you will be expected to travel to work with your team and stakeholders located at two sites in the UK and two sites in mainland Europe.
As SAP P2P/Procurement Operations Manager your role will be to:
- Lead a team of P2P Procurement Coordinators located in the UK and mainland Europe.
- Shape and sustain an effective and motivated team that delivers desired results (KPIs, internal customer satisfaction) by providing direction, coaching and developing team members, leveraging individual abilities and ensuring best practices are utilized.
- Coach your team to influence internal stakeholders to ensure that contracted suppliers are utilised wherever possible to ensure global efficiency.
As a Process Owner:
- Lead the initiation and delivery of transactional procurement activities within an international remit and constraints.
- You and your team will provide SAP P2P Procurement initiation across all categories of spend.
- Create and maintain SAP P2P Procurement procedures to ensure process excellence and standardisation.
- You will drive consistency and best practice across all European P2P locations.
- Through your team act provide first level support to internal operations in relation to supplier performance, working closely with Senior Buyers and Category Management to drive improvements.
- Manage and present performance indicators in internal operational reviews, analyse data & trends, implement continuous improvement.
As a Business Partner, working with key stakeholders and suppliers you will:
- Build and maintain a fluent relationship with key stakeholders such as Procurement and Category Management, IT, Plant managers, Governance and Control, to make sure that you understand their needs and work together to identify operating issues/non-efficiencies.
- Proactively assist with the ongoing roll out and management of Card Payments and other automation projects to reduce the number of SAP P2P transactions whilst also improving SAP P2P approval flows.
- Proactively contribute to the ongoing development of SAP P2P Procurement functional capabilities, ensuring sustainable value delivery and continual improvement of procurement effectiveness and efficiency.
- Interact with Senior Executives/Leadership teams to share performance updates, identified risks, issues or concerns, and helping drive best practices.
To be successful in this role you will need to possess:
- A university degree from a UK or European University. A Masters level would be highly advantageous.
- Plus CIPS qualification (minimum level 4) or equivalent.
- Previous experienced team leadership experience gained within a SAP P2P/Procure to Pay or Procurement or Finance Shared Services environment.
- A track record of mentoring, coaching, motivation and development of a SAP P2P procurement/finance shared services team.
- Experience of working across global operations or multi-site environments and a keen sense of cultural awareness.
- Excellent knowledge of SAP P2P gained from a procurement perspective.
- Extensive knowledge of procurement in a Buyer or Category or Purchasing role.
- A proven track record in value delivery, improvement activity and best practice development in SAP P2P Procurement processes.
- Outstanding capabilities in building relationships internally and externally to enable you to be successful in your role and to contribute to the development of our client as a world-class procurement organisation
- A thirst for knowledge, an inquisitive mind-set and drive for results.
- Resilience, energy and willingness to travel nationally and into Europe in order to engage with your team and key stakeholders in your quest to drive and deliver SAP P2P Procurement Process Excellence.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.