ASSISTANT ASPHALT UNIT/PRODUCTION MANAGER - (INTERIM UNTIL END OF AUGUST 2021. POSSIBLE INTERIM TO PERMANENT)
"Interim Assistant Asphalt Plant/Unit Management role for well-qualified operations specialist with experience of asphalt production. Possible Interim to Permanent"
Salary c£130.00 per day
Location: Leeds, Yorkshire
Our client is a major group specialising in the bulk construction materials sector. It is an iconic brand with an excellent and highly successful track record and is undoubtedly regarded as a market leader.
As Assistant Asphalt Unit/Production Manager for the Asphalt plant, you will support the Site Manager and will be responsible for the day to day company safety, health and environmental standards and ensuring that all materials are produced and dispatched within expected budgetary constraints to meet or exceed customer expectations and requirements
The Assistant Asphalt Unit/Production manager is accountable for the day to safe operation of the unit with particular focus on cost containment and employee motivation and management. The Assistant Asphalt Unit Manager is responsible for ensuring that the team operate to safety, health and environmental standards ensuring that stock levels are kept to satisfy customers' needs and are of good quality.
* Responsible for the management of the unit through coordination with technical, production and business performance departments.
* Responsible for accurate maintenance of site records and the administration for the site, including producing reports as required.
* Accountable for the health and safety at the unit, with the aspirations for absolutely no accidents, you will be expected to provide a visible presence at the site on a daily basis.
* Ensuring the highest standards of housekeeping and safety and, delivering coaching to staff on near miss issues identified.
* Manage all unit staff on a day to day basis, developing a positive and productive workforce and addressing any performance management issues identified.
* You will be responsible for the planning and scheduling of maintenance work on the plant and equipment, as well as the management of plant breakdowns. Liaising with suppliers and contractors as appropriate, such work to be done allowing maximum productivity whilst ensuring a safe working environment.
* Additionally, you will also have accountability for the physical security of the plant site and equipment, ensuring that break-ins, theft and vandalism are minimised.
* A pro-active approach, you will be expected to continually seek improvements in production and performance and to raise such improvements and ideas with area operations management.
The Ideal Candidate:
* Available to commence asap. This role may become permanent for the right candidate.
* Ideally HNC/HND/ Degree qualified or equivalent in an Engineering, Mining or Science discipline.
* You will be able to demonstrate a strong operational unit management background gained within asphalt production. This is a prerequisite for the role.
* Excellent understanding of working within a process plant or a highly regulated Health, Safety and Environmental centric site will also be considered.
* Excellent asphalt production and operational planning.
* Experience of managing both permanent and contract employees.
* You will ideally hold a SHE NVQ Level 4, DAPS or equivalent; operations related qualifications plus NEBOSH and IOSH.
* You will be able to demonstrate inspirational leadership and the ability develop a team in achieving best in class standards.
* This must include experience of managing contractors and a sound grasp of all aspects of asphalt operations will be essential to success.
* You will also demonstrate a record of delivering excellence in safety, health and environmental standards within a similar asphalt or aggregates operation.
* An effective verbal and written communicator at all levels of an organisation and externally with customers and suppliers.
Interim opportunity with potential for the role to become permanent.