Principal Innovation Engineer Rubber R&D
$110-140,000 Excellent Benefits including Share Option & Relocation Assistance
Reno Nevada (Relocation Assistance Available for US Citizens Only)
Our client is a world leader that will transform industry, turning end of life tires into a better, more viable rubber developing groundbreaking technologies
They need a Principal Innovation Engineer that has rubber and polymer industry experience, is motivated by solving problems and can drive innovative solutions. Our client thrives on making the impossible, possible, and have fun as a team making it a greener and safer planet for all.
The Principal Innovation Engineer works with internal product development, application and marketing groups to identify areas that can be developed and deliver breakthrough innovation that brings significant value to market thru Idea Generation & Proof of Concept.
* Evaluate and prioritize identified opportunities where they can bring innovative concepts to, significantly improve performance of customers products or increase efficiency within customers assembly techniques
* Work with external and internal partners to seek input and/ or brainstorm potential solutions to identified opportunities.
* Build proof of concept prototypes, engage with internal stakeholders and external customers to validate opportunities
* Participate and/or lead projects to develop and validate customer and innovation solutions leading to commercialization.
* Lead commercialization efforts to introduce concepts to market.
* BS degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science or Materials Engineering
* 10 years innovation experience in the rubber, polymer or resins industry
* Comprehensive understanding of production processes, mixing equipment
* Proven track record of creating and delivering new concepts to market.
* Innovative mindset, unafraid, inspired and determined to bring something new to market.
* Successful track record developing strong relationships with external customers, key business partners and cross functional teams.
* Highly results oriented with the proven ability to manage projects to meet deadlines.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and strong project management skills
* Excellent communication skills ability to share technical details to a diversified audience.
* Travel as needed
In return our client is offering an excellent salary and benefits package including includes medical, dental, vision, life, ltd, 3 weeks PTO, 10 paid holidays, 401(k), opportunity to share in the growth of the company
Rubber Chemist, Polymer Chemist, Development Chemist, Scientist, Principal Engineer, Compound Development, Development Engineer, Group Leader, Innovation Lead(er), Innovation Manager, Technical Manager, Technical Director
Compounding, Mixing, Banbury, Calender, Rubber, Tire, Elastomers, Polymers, Carbon black, PTR, Asphalt paving & sealants, Thermoplastic process development, product development, process improvement,