"Excellent career development opportunity for ambitious Plant Engineer/Manager seeking Engineering & Maintenance Leadership role. Experience of GMP Food, or Pharma or Chemical or Ethanol liquid processing/manufacturing environment essential".
$110-120,000 Bonus Excellent Benefits
Location: Iowa - Relocation Assistance within the USA available for US Citizens only
Our client is the US division of a global multinational with plants on several continents. It specialises in the production and supply of high-quality ingredients, chemicals and peptides to the food, pharmaceutical, health nutrition sector and for other sophisticated technical applications.
Our client is seeking an Engineering Manager for one of its plants in the mid-west.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for plant maintenance across multiple shifts within a unionised plant. The Engineering Manager will plan, direct and coordinate all plant maintenance to ensure efficient operation, taking the lead for corrective and preventative maintenance, capital implementation, utility operation and program control of the production system. You will lead a team of Project Engineers, Electrical Controls Engineers and Electrical Controls Technicians.
· Plant Process Management: Leads the monitoring and automation of liquid manufacturing process performance to ensure critical performance indicators are under control.
· Implements OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) & Reliability principles
· Plant Project Management: Coordinate development of process improvement projects which may or may not need to be developed into capital projects.
· Manages the capital expenditure projects for profit improvement and to maintain plant, property, and equipment in a good and efficient working condition.
· Manages CAPEX projects from inception to post completion.
· Leads engineering resources to maintain and seek technological improvements to all mechanical, electrical, electronics and instrumentation systems.
· Optimize equipment performance and production process.
· Coordinates resources to ensure proper design and implementation of projects.
· Coordinate development of measures to ensure proper commissioning of project performance is realized.
· Coordinate with Production Manager and Production Engineer on plant scale trials and performs lab/pilot scale testing.
· SHEQ Compliance: Understanding and working to ensure compliance with applicable safety, health, environmental, food safety and Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines and regulations. This will include HACCP studies and activities, and overall plant compliance (PSM) Process Safety Management and (RMP) Risk Management programs in line for plant chemical refrigeration systems.
· Leads the Maintenance Department and its resources, to maintain and seek technological improvements to all mechanical, electrical, electronics and instrumentation systems.
· Manages, improves and reduces the maintenance costs including use of contractors.
· Prepares budget preparation and variance analysis for department.
· Works with HR in maintaining a working relationship with the union, which includes hiring, training, performance, and discipline.
The Ideal Candidate:
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Chemical Engineering or similar technical subject.
· At least 5-8 years leadership/supervisor experience gained as Plant Engineering in GMP liquid processing environment such as food, pharmaceutical, chemical or ethanol.
· This must include exposure to the following equipment types: boilers, HVAC, process controls, wastewater treatment.
· At least 5-8 years project management and improvement experience
· Experience of chemical refrigeration processes such as anhydrous ammonia systems highly advantageous.
· Experience of leading mechanical and electrical and project engineers.
· Experience of capital engineering projects from business case development to delivery.
· Experience of GMP, ISO, HACCP, PSM, RMP essential to success.
· Excellent communication, presentation, influencing and financial management skills.
· Must have budgetary management experience.
· Must have experience of working within a unionised processing plant.
· Must have experience of managing sub-contractors especially during maintenance shutdowns ensuring strict health and safety adherence.
· This role is open to US citizens only and our client will relocate qualified candidates within the USA.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT LIVE IN THE USA AS OUR CLIENT IS UNABLE TO ASSIST WITH VISAS/VISA SPONSORSHIP FOR THE USA