ELECTRICIAN – MAINTENANCE (DAYS 8 AM-4/4 30pm)
c£34500 (OTE £45-48000 inc overtime & allowances) + Bonus + Benefits & Ongoing Training & Development
Location: North Derbyshire
Commutable from Derbyshire, Cheshire, Manchester, Staffordshire, Macclesfield, Chapel en le Frith, Leek, Stoke on Trent, Stockport, Buxton, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Matlock, Burton on Trent, Ashbourne, Belper, Rotherham.
This an excellent opportunity to join the plant electrical maintenance team of this division of a multinational company and play a key part in delivering production targets within a medium/heavy factory process operation. The focus is on maintenance, inspections and planned maintenance of all electrical and process control equipment. This includes instrumentation, PLC’s, DCS/SCADA, LV and HV motors, switchgear and control gear, AC and DC, variable speed drives, and specialised control panels. We are currently seeking a time served apprentice Electrician/Electrical Craftsperson.
You will perform inspections and maintenance to high standards and in line with safety, quality and environmental targets. You will also represent the department on site working committees where required.
Working with Plant Production & Maintenance teams and reporting to the Electrical Maintenance Supervisor:
- Completion of planned preventative maintenance activities
- Carrying out fault finding and corrective repair work
- Maintenance operations and accuracy of plant instrumentation including gas analysis systems.
- Record maintenance activities for plant history and capture and create further work requests through SAP based plant planned maintenance system (CMMS)
- Carry out planned maintenance and major repairs.
- Assist in the commissioning of new plant and equipment.
- Assist with plant isolations and verification.
- Ensure compliance with H&S and Environmental legislation and Company and site H&S rules
Qualifications and skills
- Apprentice trained electrician/electrical/process control craftsperson ONC/HNC
- 18th edition wiring regulations
- Experience in a continuous process industry, factory, chemical, cement, lime, powders, aggregates, construction material or other industrial processing including plastics and food manufacturing environment including full competence in maintaining large plant equipment.
- Fully competent in maintenance systems with experience of working in a processing/industrial environment.
- Understanding of health, safety and environmental issues/risks
- PLC, inverter drives, gas analytics and telemetry experience preferred.
- DCS experience desired.
- Knowledge off process control and instrumentation systems
- Experience of hydraulic and pneumatic systems useful
- Knowledge and experience of HV/LV switchgearand control gear systems
- Working knowledge of maintenance management systems eg SAP or MAXIMO
- Good working knowledge of electrical isolation
- Experience in medium/heavy industry is useful.
- Must be able to work as a member of a team as well as individually.
- Computer literate
- Interested in learning, self-development, and further training.
- Flexibility, self-motivation, positive attitude and ability to prioritise are important attributes.
- Opportunities to progress to Team Leader/Supervisor level are available for the right candidate.
Our client offers excellent development and the opportunity to make a real difference in a business that really values its people. This includes an attractive base salary plus opportunity to increase earnings through overtime and shut down allowances, plus bonus and other large company benefits. Our client also offers excellent ongoing training and development and the opportunity to progress up through the grading structure both technically and professionally.
To apply without delay, please email your CV quoting reference 766555 to firstname.lastname@example.org 01905 381 320 www.martinveasey.com