SITE/PLANT MANAGER - MANUFACTURING/PRODUCTION PROCESSING
"High profile leadership and transformational change management role for Plant Management professional with a track record of people development, engagement and continuous improvement leading to best-in-class OEE and safety."
c.£65000 (salary DOE) Car/Allowance, Bonus & Benefits
Commutable from Medway Towns, Canterbury, Maidstone, Gillingham, Margate, Whitstable, Herne Bay, Faversham, Ramsgate, Sheerness, Chatham, Rochester, Sittingbourne, Aylesford, Gravesend
Our client is a market leader within the construction/building materials sector and operates several plants in the UK.
They are seeking a professional Site/Plant Manager, ideally educated to degree standard in an engineering discipline or similar, to take the lead at a strategically important site located in the South East, Medway towns area.
The Site/Plant Manager will provide leadership, guidance and direction for manufacturing and production operations, ensuring sustainable performance aligned with strategic corporate objectives and delivery of business commitments. As Site/Plant Manager you will be responsible for optimising labour, site safety, material and equipment resources to maximise the Plants production capability and meet customer expectations with excellent quality and service as the site takes on increased customer volumes.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong technical engineering and production background gained within the heavy processing industry and will be able to build a vision referenced to experience in "best in class" plant management. The Site/Plant Manager will be a strong leader with the ability to challenge, drive, coach, inspire and motivate a team to become "best in class". You will also be an excellent problem solver, structured, systematic and logical with a track record of project management in the context of turnaround, transformation and continuous improvement.
* Operating a safe Plant, continuously driving towards sustaining a positive safety and health culture.
* Develop a long-term vision for the plant.
* Provide exemplary leadership, setting demanding standards and driving high performance from the team.
* Build a customer focussed performance culture within the business and a climate to inspire the team to achieve world class performance and reliability.
* Ensure that the production commitments in terms of volume, deadlines, and product conformity are met.
* Ensure the plant complies with UK legislation, with specific regard to health & safety, environmental and employment laws.
* Be responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of the plant performance plan, plant team assessment and budget to achieve identified improvements.
* Ensure product quality meets agreed targets and ensure that plant capability is sustained through optimisation of the process.
* Manage the operating and capital budgets, maintaining a vigilant approach to reducing costs.
* Lead and manage change programmes with clear goals, drive and engagement; Drive for continuous improvement.
* Ensure positive working relations with employees and their representatives within the plant.
The Ideal Candidate:
* Ideally degree educated in Engineering or similar. Must understand engineering and business principles. Technical knowledge of manufacturing, and modern maintenance technology and methods will be integral to success and credibility in this role.
* Consistent multinational industry career history including existing or recent experience as a Site/Plant Manager.
* Track record of people development, engagement, change and continuous improvement leading to best-in-class OEE and safety standards.
* Experience in Project Management, business and systems analysis highly advantageous but people management and leadership is key and foremost to success in this role.
* Experienced Lean or Continuous Improvement champion, including 5S, with track record of excellent team development and engagement in this context would be an advantage.
* Demonstrable experience of cross functional and multi-level interaction and working in a matrix organisation.
* Led & achieved results in a multi or single site role, managing cross functionally.
* Experience of leading and managing employee relations at a senior level within a unionised environment.
* Proven skills and capabilities in leadership, communication, capability, collaboration, and problem solving.
* Excellent experience of £multimillion financial and budgetary management, the budgeting process and CAPEX business case approval process.
* Fluent Business English both verbal and written.
* IT literate across Microsoft
* Resilient, driven, results focused personality - a high achiever