ASSISTANT PRODUCTION MANAGER
ASSISTANT PRODUCTION MANAGER
“Excellent opportunity to for graduate calibre heavy processing industry, engineering professional to join key strategic site within a market leader as part of a major transformational change and improvement project.”
£Very Competitive + Bonus & Benefits including Relocation Assistance
East Lothian, Scotland
Commutable from: Edinburgh, Berwick upon Tweed, Dunbar, North Berwick, Haddington, East Linton, Musselbergh, South Queensferry, Livingston, Dalkeith, Bonnyrigg, Bathgate, Glasgow, Coatbridge
Our client is a market leader within the construction materials sector and operates several plants in the UK.
Our client is a seeking degree educated Assistant Production Manager at a strategically important site located in Scotland. The site is currently focused on transformation including equipment upgrade to streamline processes, improve cost effectiveness and efficiency in order to meet rising volumes/throughput. You will play a key role in driving the production department’s contributions and changes to support plant performance and reliability goals. Ideally you will have previous heavy industrial processing operations/production coordination or management experience and will be experienced at managing shift teams, contractors and day support teams. You will be familiar with working cross functionally with colleagues across maintenance and process optimisation as well senior management on site.
As Assistant Production Manager you will be responsible for managing the operation of the Shift teams to optimise performance, improve reliability and achieve the works and departmental KPIs and objectives for safety, housekeeping, environment, quality, production, and costs. This will also include performance monitoring and incident investigation relating to shift production activities. Reporting to the Production Manager, you will also supervise the department’s day support teams and contractors on routine tasks.
The role will also require effective coordination with the maintenance engineering and process optimisation teams to improve performance and develop the reliability strategy.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Educated to minimum HND/University degree in Engineering
- NEBOSH Certificate preferred. Experience of ISO 14001 an ISO 18001 highly advantageous.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a supervisory or management role within a heavy industrial manufacturing/ production operations environment.
- Strong people management skills, preferably at least 3 years’ experience of managing a function or team in a results orientated environment.
- Excellent knowledge of a heavy industrial Manufacturing Process and/or Production operations eg cement, bricks, chemicals, steel, glass, building materials, energy/power or similar
- High awareness of safety, quality and environmental issues.
- An understanding of maintenance practices and requirements would be an advantage.
- Computer Literate in MS Office packages, Pi and Maximo or SAP
Our client offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package including bonus and relocation assistance.
To apply, without delay, please email your CV quoting reference LX 949205 t