You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Electrical Engineer/ Supervisor - Maintenance
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER/SUPERVISOR - MAINTENANCE
£Very Competitive Bonus Benefits including Shift Allowance Relocation Assistance within the UK/Scotland
Location: East Lothian, Scotland
Commutable from Edinburgh, Berwick upon Tweed, Dunbar, North Berwick, Haddington, East Linton, Musselburgh, South Queensferry, Livingston, Dalkeith, Bonnyrigg, Bathgate, Relocation Assistance for UK nationals from within UK/Scotland
This is an excellent Supervisory opportunity to join the plant electrical maintenance team of this division of a multinational company and play a key part in delivering production targets within a medium/heavy factory process operation. The focus is on maintenance, inspections, and planned maintenance of all electrical, automation and process control equipment. This includes instrumentation, PLCs, inverter drives, DCS/SCADA, LV and HV motors, switchgear and control gear, AC and DC, variable speed drives and specialised control panels. Therefore, this role would ideally suit a time served apprentice/degree educated Electrician/Electrical Engineer seeking to further develop their career in a supervisory role leading a small team of six Electrical Engineers/Electricians.
You will supervise and perform electrical inspections and maintenance, ensuring that you and your team respond in a timely manner to breakdown repairs with a keen eye to continuous improvement and to high standards in line with safety, technical, quality, operational and environmental targets. You will also represent the electrical maintenance and inspection department on site working committees.
* Ensure Risk Assessments and Permits to Work are always carried out, including safe systems of work are used.
* Ensure hardwired interlocks are working correctly to ensure staff and plant safety
* Manage the current plant electrical networks to optimise their efficiency including changes and modifications to reduce breakdowns, and communicate plans and changes effectively
* To assist in managing electrical maintenance and projects utilising employees and/or contractors ensuring high levels of workmanship and safety are maintained.
* Plan, deliver and ensure availability of critical spares for routine and planned maintenance, and ensure risk plans exist for emergent failures
* Communicate and liaise with other departments and form cross functional links.
* Improve current plant electrical networks by implementing improvements and innovations to prevent downtime in support of the plant operations
* Take the lead and actively assist the electrical dept
* Manage electrical systems to minimise risk and improve plant performance
* Ensure availability of electrical plant for production and engineering to meet time targets
* Fault finding of existing systems and electrical network
* Maintain record of all network changes
* Continually challenge the current network design to ensure plant needs are optimised
* Manage emergent electrical and system failures
* Manage obsolescence of existing plant by regularly checking component standards
* Use of SAP to manage and complete jobs
* Part of Electrical department call out rota, to technically support shift electricians
* Ability to perform under pressure ensuring plant reliability is kept at world class levels.
The Ideal Candidate will possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
* Apprentice trained electrician/electrical/process control engineer educated to HNC/Degree (NVQ level 3-4) in Electrical/Process Control Engineering.
* BS-7671 IEE 18th edition wiring regulations
* HV Switching as Authorised Person
* At least 3-4 years team leadership/supervisor experience in electrical maintenance or inspection within heavy industry where process control is used.
* Experience in a continuous process industry, factory, chemical, cement, lime, steel, powders, aggregates, construction materials, energy or other heavy industrial process environment including full competence in electrical maintenance of large plant equipment.
* Fully competence in Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance principles and techniques.
* Good knowledge of heavy engineering plant and equipment
* Knowledge of Siemens PCS7 systems
* Good knowledge of electrical networks and systems including High Voltage and Instrumentation
* PLC, inverter drives, gas analytics, explosive atmospheres and telemetry experience preferred.
* DCS experience desired.
* Experience of hydraulic and pneumatic systems useful
* Knowledge and experience of HV/LV switchgear and control gear systems
* Working knowledge of maintenance management systems eg SAP or MAXIMO
* Good working knowledge of electrical isolation
* Competence in the use of lean problem-solving tools