COUNTRY BUSINESS UNIT HEAD BOPET FLEXIBLE PACKAGING PRODUCTS - MEXICO
US $90,000-110,000 Annually + Benefits
Actual Job Location: Mexico - Visa Sponsorship & Single Status Accommodation Provided
Our client is a manufacturer of flexible packaging and film packaging solutions. It operates several state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities globally. It specialises in BOPET and PET film production supplying converters and manufacturers across a range of fast moving industry sectors, on a Just in Time basis.
Our client is now seeking a high calibre, university degree educated engineering professional for the role of Country Business Unit Head for their BOPET/PET plant in Mexico
As Country Business Unit Head, you will take full P & L responsibility for the site and its operations including production, quality, sales and marketing and Just in Time Customer Service.
The site employs a multi-cultural workforce of c400 and has production capacity of c80000 tonnes per annum.
As Country Business Unit Head, you will create a sustainable business model to ensure a long-term strategy for the business unit in Mexico. This strategy will focus on achievement of ambitious revenue and EBITDA target by ensuring that production, quality and market acquisition and customer service KPI’s are achieved. You will ensure optimum utilisation of resources, cost effective sourcing and procurement and excellent financial control. A visionary leader you will have a demonstrable track record of continuous improvement, operational excellence, high levels of health and safety and development of an engaged and high performing business unit team.
Through your senior leadership of HR, Sales, Finance and Production, you will be responsible for Production Planning and Control; Quality Control; Health and Safety and Environmental Standards; Product Development and Process Control and Optimisation; Supply Chain Management and Inventory Control; Waste Management and Predictive and Planned Maintenance.
The Ideal Candidate:
- University degree educated in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering or similar. A Masters level qualification or Post Graduate Diploma in an Engineering, Manufacturing or Strategy would be highly advantageous.
- Fluent in English. Spanish language skills would be advantageous.
- A strategic thinker with strong operational leadership capabilities.
- Significant track record of P & L management and business unit management of a large production/manufacturing unit gained within flexible packaging, carton, paper or foil manufacturing sector.
- Experience of BOPET (Biaxially Oriented Polyethylene Terephthalate), Cast Polypropylene (CPP) films and BOPP (Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene) films is a prerequisite.
- We are unable to consider candidates who do not have recent experience of BOPET, BOPP, CPP gained within at least the last five years ideally within a state-of-the-art manufacturing environment.
- You will be a strategic, analytical and innovative thinker and excellent problem solver used to deploying lean six sigma and continuous improvement methodologies.
- You will be familiar with working to stringent production and quality targets in order to meet demanding customer expectations.
- Financially astute you will possess excellent operational and budgetary planning and cost control skills.
- You will be an inspirational and influential leader, with a track record of managing and developing a multi-cultural work force comprising employees from Latin America and US, taking an interest in their welfare and wellbeing, their health and safety, coaching, empowering and motivating them to achieve exceptional operational targets and standards.
- You will be a champion of best in class health and safety and environmental standards empowering and leading your teams to take ownership for health and safety within the operation.
- Innovative and creative you will play a critical role in relation to new product development in response to customer requirements.
- You will demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset and will be able to evidence your excellent change and project management capabilities.
- You will be ambitious with a stable, consistent and successful career history to date within the flexible packaging sector including BOPET, BOPP and CPP.
- In return our client offers an excellent career development opportunity within a flagship operation in a rapidly expanding global operation.
- Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package dependent upon experience and single status housing/accommodation and visa sponsorship.
To apply without delay, please email your CV quoting reference LX 498717 to email@example.com Telephone 00 44 (0)1905 381320 www.martinveasey.com