SENIOR PROCESS ENGINEER-CHEMICAL ENGINEERING/TECHNOLOGIES
US $95-120,000 +Excellent Blue-Chip Benefits
New England, USA - Relocation Assistance for US Citizens only
Our client is a global multinational specialising in chemical-based technologies for application within a wide range of industries and processes serving both B2B and B2C. It prides itself on leading edge, innovative and sustainable R & D when it comes to product development; world class operational excellence and the highest levels of health and safety for its employees and customers.
Our client is now seeking a high calibre, experienced Chemical Engineer to join its manufacturing facility as Senior Process Engineer. You will report to the Site Reliability & Engineering Manager. The site is large with multiple production units.
As Senior Process Engineer your focus will be to improve plant performance through the continuous improvement of plant equipment and non-equipment-based processes. You will be responsible for meeting site and business KPI’s and will act as the Process Safety Leader. You will work closely with other Process Engineers, a Reliability Engineer and the Facilities, EHS and Maintenance Engineering Team.
To succeed in this role, you must have experienced gained within a PSM Certified Process Safety Management environment. Similar global safety management systems such as Dupont Visible Felt Leadership deployed within the chemical process engineering sector would also be acceptable. Chemical engineering sector experience could also include chemical processing, adhesives manufacturers, cement plants, heavy construction materials, steelmaking or renewable energy.
As the site is located in Massachusetts, the role would ideally suit candidates who are already located within commuting distance or who have links to the area and therefore are able to relocate into the region with an appreciation of the lifestyle, culture and climate that this beautiful location offers. Therefore, you may already reside in or have links to New England, New Jersey, Delaware, New York, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania.
• Monitor, validate and continuously improve the productivity of the manufacturing operation.
• Work with production to update and maintain process documentation and work instructions
• Optimize and debottleneck production and packaging processes.
• Support manufacturing efficiency improvements thru process and packaging trials.
• Provide trouble-shooting support for production issues.
• Responsible for safety improvements for current and new processes.
• Responsible for maintenance of plant P&ID’s (Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams)
• Determine critical parameters for producing products, use data analysis to improve processes.
• Work with corporate engineering on larger capital projects and manage/lead small capital projects
• Ensure business processes; Management of Change (MOC) Pre Start up Safety Reviews (PSSR) and all requirements followed by the engineering team
• Ensure process engineering activities are compliant with all elements of the PSM standard
• Practice safe work habits in accordance with OSHA, EP guidelines and internal EHS regulations
The Ideal Candidate:
• A US Citizen
• Currently residing in New England, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, New York or with familial or other ties/links to the area and happy to relocate with assistance back to the region.
• Familiar with the culture, climate and lifestyle of the region.
• BS Chemical or Mechanical Engineer advanced degree a plus.
• 5+ years chemical industry experience in a PSM manufacturing process environment.
• Demonstrated proficiency in a Process Safety Management manufacturing operation.
• Demonstrated experience with a highly developed Environmental, Health and Safety Program.
• Working knowledge in Design of Experiments, Statistical Process Control, Six Sigma and Lean.
• Sound judgment, well organized, take initiative, flexible to facilitate resolution of complex issues.
• Effective verbal, written communication skills and data driven analytical/problem-solving skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and drive results, working effectively in a team setting
• Strong computer skills, some experience with AutoCAD, Microsoft
To apply without delay please email your CV, for a confidential discussion, quoting reference LX 498703 to email@example.com www.martinveasey.com