TECHNICAL SUPPORT/MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
"Solidworks Mechanical Design Engineer with detailed electrical engineering and electronic control systems knowledge sought by a market-leading manufacturing business that designs and manufactures industrial power control products."
Salary £25000 Benefits
Location: Southport, Merseyside
Commutable from Liverpool, Warrington, St Helens and Wigan.
Our client is one of the UK's leading designers and manufacturers of Industrial Power Control Products. Boasting a product range of over 400 products, they have a standard product range covering the majority of power control applications. However, where the customer has specific requirements they can provide bespoke design solutions. Their products are sold into a wide variety of industry sectors and market segments, including end users, distributors, contractors and OEMs, across more than 88 countries.
The role of Technical Support/Mechanical Design Engineer would suit someone with a detailed understanding of the principles and practices associated with the design and development of electronic control systems. They would need to demonstrate ambition, self-confidence, a strong desire to achieve results and the ability to get things done. Vitally, they will need to cope well under pressure and maintain judgment under trying conditions.
* Ensure adequate levels of resources and appropriate skills are available for the design and development of IT design tools and for rapid prototyping
* Work with sales and manufacturing engineers to ensure accurate bills of materials (BOMs) and manufacturing documentations (MPDS) are produced and maintained
* Participate in design for manufacture and assembly review meetings
* Work with production to ensure effective validation and approval of first production builds
* Introduce design changes to improve manufacturability, quality and functionality of existing products
* Enable full and effective use to be made of the latest developments in associated technology
* Ensure requests for technical support are responded to in a timely manner
* Ensure requests from sales for customer product related technical support are responded to in a timely manner
* Ensure requests for product engineering support to help resolve customer complaints or quality related problems are responded to in a timely manner
* Ensure requests for product engineering support to assist with assessment and implementation of cost reduction / continuous improvement proposals are responded to in a timely manner
The Ideal Candidate:
* Will be educated to HNC/HND/Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant engineering degrees
* Have experience in the use of SolidWorks
* Has a detailed understanding of the principles and practices associated with the design and development of electronic control systems
* Has a detailed understanding of activities associated with the design, manufacture and testing of prototypes
* Has basic understanding of lean manufacturing principles and practices
* Contributes to the effective application of design for manufacture and designs and processes FMEAs techniques
* Has good knowledge of UAL production processes
* Prioritizes and organizes own work effectively, makes effective use of time, manages tasks according to urgency and importance
* Contributes to the effective application of problem-solving techniques to ensure root causes are determined and appropriate corrective and preventative actions are taken
* Makes effective use of ICT tools / systems
In return our client offers a competitive base salary plus benefits.