SITE PURCHASING MANAGER – CAPITAL & ENGINEERING PROJECTS
"Excellent, site purchasing opportunity for degree educated MCIPS Purchasing professional with experience of direct and indirect spend and capital/engineering projects"
£Very Competitive + Bonus + Benefits + Relocation Assistance
East Lothian, Scotland.
Commutable from Edinburgh, Berwick upon Tweed, Dunbar, North Berwick, Haddington, East Linton, Musselbergh, South Queensferry, Livingston, Dalkeith, Bonnyrigg, Bathgate, Glasgow
This is an exciting career development opportunity for a degree educated and ambitious Purchasing professional seeking the next step on the ladder within a UK national environment.
Our client has an opportunity for a Site Purchasing Manager to take the operational purchasing lead for one of its most strategically important engineering/production-based business units. Successful applicants will be part or fully qualified MCIPS qualified and must have previous experience of capital projects/CAPEX Purchasing including MRO and Engineering gained within a high safety culture, manufacturing or processing organisation.
Reporting to the Plant Manager and site management team, with strong links to the HO Purchasing team and Senior BU Purchasing Manager, you will lead and manage operational Purchasing activities including a small team across purchasing, materials and stores. Providing a professional, efficient, and effective service, you well add value through continually building and developing high performing sourcing and ordering activities. You will also deliver innovative stores processes to reduce working capital. You will manage a small team covering stores and materials control and analysis. Spend will £multi million.
• Purchasing at best value with year-on-year cost reduction
• Ensuring availability of critical spares maintaining high plant availability
• Reducing working capital in stores including consignment stock deals
• Act as the primary interface between the site executive team and shared service Purchasing, to deliver sourcing initiatives, Purchasing operational effectiveness and value delivery
• Provide negotiation, commercial and contractual expertise to the business unit on all Purchasing matters to ensure minimal risk, compliance, and cross functional best practice.
• Management of savings delivery and measurement including functional KPI’s and MI reporting to business unit executive team and HO.
• Manage vendor performance, drive compliance to negotiated agreements and deliver value through business unit specific sourcing projects in order to achieve tangible, validated cost savings in line with strategic objectives. This will include compliance to SHE & CSR standards and contractual obligations.
• Build relationships with vendors and stakeholders to drive value around the operational objectives of the business unit.
The Ideal Applicant:
• University degree educated
• Part or fully qualified CIPS
• Extensive experience in a Purchasing role covering both direct and indirect spend
• Experience gained within heavy manufacturing and processing industry such as steel, chemical, cement, glass, oil, gas, waste recycling, renewables, power, utilities or similar
• Experience ideally gained within a CAPEX, MRO and Engineering categories
• Experience in negotiating, establishing and managing contracts fully
• Effective people management experience ideally of stores, materials, and stock control personnel
• Skilled and accurate in drafting tender documents and conditions
• Excellent stakeholder and supplier management skills
• Good judgement and analytical ability
• Ability to handle multiple tasks with awareness of deadlines
• Ability to develop and implement plans to compliment national strategies
• Knowledge of health, safety and environmental requirements, COSHH, waste management.
• Advanced IT skills including Excel and Powerpoint
• Understanding and application of lean tools in a Purchasing or similar context
Our client offers excellent development and the opportunity to make a real difference in a business that really values its people. Relocation assistance is also available.
To apply without delay, please email your CV, quoting reference LX 1120253