INTERIM WAREHOUSE SHIFT MANAGER (6 MONTHS)
"Time Critical eFulfillment Operations"
£45,000 Pro Rata - Potential Permanent Opportunity
Commutable from Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Cheshire, West Yorkshire Bury, Rochdale, Bolton, Ramsbottom, Manchester, Failsworth, Salford, Oldham, Blackburn, Preston, Burnley, Wigan., Halifax, Bradford, Warrington, Keighley, Huddersfield
Our client, a wholesale distributor, is at the cutting edge of the renewable and alternative energy sector and has significant and growing market share through its unrivalled product quality and service value proposition. Its customer base includes B2C and B2B. There has never been a better time to join them and to play a key role in the expansion of its warehousing and distribution capacity, initially across the UK and then Europe.
The first stage of this is an overhaul of the facility in North West, followed by an investment in a new facility in the South West. Tentative further plans exist for additional capacity in the UK. Additionally, the business is expanding its operation in Europe, namely Germany.
The North West/Lancashire site is where they need your skills and experience as a Warehousing professional to lead the operational team and identify process improvements and efficiencies in this dynamic, fast moving and high volume warehouse. The Interim Warehouse Shift Manager role is offered on an initial six-month fixed term contract however there is a potential opportunity for a permanent role at Operational Manager level. Our client is looking for someone to start asap.
- You will be used to leading operational change projects facilitating and driving continuous improvement across the shift.
- Your leadership, warehouse shift management and planning skills will ensure that you are able to coach and develop your distribution centre/warehouse shift operations team to deliver results - ensuring all stock is managed and moved efficiently.
- You will be a visible, "walk the floor" manager, setting direction, monitoring, and motivating individuals to exceed objectives whilst ensuring that security, inventory management and safety standards are maintained. The primary objective of this is to ensure accurate order assembly and despatch to customers via carriers in a timely, cost effective and efficient manner.
- We are looking for individuals who can drive continuous improvement in productivity, operating costs, and customer satisfaction.
- You will also possess extensive knowledge of FMCG logistics and warehousing operations, including online/efulfilment, transport and distribution.
- It is essential that you also have some collaborative planning exposure with the ability to work cross functionally across this fast moving efulfilment business.
- So, the key emphasis of this role will be to surpass internal and external customer expectations, people development and leadership and proactive continuous improvement of safety, quality and operational productivity and performance.
- Accuracy of stock holding, excellent cost control and budgetary management will be critical to success so you must already be very familiar with compiling and managing budgets and forecasts.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The ideal candidate will be an experienced leader and people manager with the ability to motivate and drive performance.
- To succeed in this role, you will be of graduate calibre with previous experience of managing a distribution centre/warehouse shift operations team including significant experience of managing first line managers/supervisors/team leaders, within the FMCG warehousing and distribution sector. This could be in house or within a third-party contract logistics company.
- This must include proven people management skills including team development, maximising performance, improving motivation and productivity.
- Proven experience of forecasting and capacity planning in line with budgetary constraints and within a volume environment will be critical to success.
To apply without delay, as this role is offered on an immediate start, please email your CV quoting reference LX 1152532 Telephone 01905 381 320