Supply Chain & Inventory Planning Coordinator - MRP & SAP Experience
“An exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced FMCG Logistics & Supply Chain Planning Coordinator to manage imported inventory, ensuring optimum in stock availability and on time in full order fulfilment.”
Salary c£30,000 - £36,000 (Dependent on experience) + Excellent Benefits
Location: Northampton, East Midlands (Hybrid Working)
Commutable from: Towcester, Wellingborough, Bedford, Corby, Coventry, Kettering, Milton Keynes, Peterborough, Royal Leamington Spa.
Our client is evolving the industrial packaging, packaging equipment solutions, consumables, spare parts and order fulfilment sectors through innovation, productivity, and trusted product brands. Its customer base is very varied and includes market leading ecommerce brands. With more than fifty years of packaging industry experience and a policy of global sourcing, they ensure customers stay at the forefront of the packaging product market. They have a reputation for exceeding customer expectations providing same day, next day Europe, and international shipping.
As a result of excellent business growth our client is seeking to strengthen its supply chain team with the appointment of a proactive Supply Chain & Inventory Planning Coordinator who prides themselves on working collaboratively within internal colleagues and suppliers to deliver exceptional levels of OTIF customer service.
To succeed as a proactive Supply Chain & Inventory Planning Coordinator within this fast-paced environment, you will have a confident, calm, highly visible, well organised, influential and positive “can do” personality with a proactive approach. Our client is undergoing a transformational change programme with the focus on continuous improvement so this is the perfect role for someone who wants to play a part in shaping a supply chain and developing their career within a rapidly expanding company.
To provide efficient, accurate and optimum stock holding levels within JIT (Just in Time) delivery whilst ensuring that budgetary, quality and customer service targets are met. Candidates must be very confident with Excel and SAP and MRP systems as you will work from a sales and demand forecast to plan stock intake from international manufacturers and suppliers. Ultimately your role will be to ensure adequate stock availability to fulfil customer orders from stock within stringent service level targets.
Our client’s products come in all shapes and sizes so you will need to have a good understanding of sea freight container and road freight vehicle and pallet volumetrics when planning stock movements via road and sea. You will also require good knowledge of HMRC customs and inco terms for the movement of imports. Products are sourced from suppliers in the Far East, Europe and the USA so you will plan imports/inbound stock into our client’s warehouses in the UK and Europe. 95% of orders are fulfilled from these warehouses to customers. Therefore, you will also work closely with your colleagues in outbound despatch and logistics.
The ideal candidate:
• Well educated – A level/ HNC/ HND/ Degree level or equivalent NVQ level 3-4.
• Previous experience in stock management and forecasting using FIFO methodology.
• Demonstrable knowledge of inventory and logistics processes and systems.
• Experience of ERP systems software, specifically SAP.
• Knowledge of manufacturing MRP systems.
• Knowledge of import procedures and compliance requirements.
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical and communications skills at all levels and the ability to challenge effectively.
• High level of drive and enthusiasm.
• Capable of continually re-prioritising focus and resource with early identification of challenges and the proposal of their solutions.
• Knowledge of international trade regulations, HMRC import declarations. Incoterms.
• Understanding of freight movement processes including sea container and road freight pallet fill and similar volumetrics.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage time effectively.
• Ability to work under pressure both individually and as part of a team.
In return our client offers a competitive base salary plus benefits including flexible working and hybrid working (3 days in the office and 2 days from home following full training)