DISTRIBUTION CENTRE OPERATIONS MANAGER - FMCG RETAIL & EFULFILMENT
"Amazing career development opportunity for experienced FMCG Retail/ERetail Warehouse Operations Professional to join High Street Retailing Brand in high profile leadership role."
C£48000 (Dependent On Experience) Excellent Blue Chip Benefits
Commutable from Luton, Bedford, Leighton Buzzard, Dunstable, Milton Keynes, Hitchin, Ampthill, Harpenden, Letchworth, Hemel Hempstead, Houghton Regis, Harpenden, St Albans
Our client is a well-known High-Street Retailer, part of a multinational group. It is consistently recognised as an Employer of Choice and a Top-rated UK Workplace.
This is an amazing career development opportunity to join this multinational group and to take the lead as Distribution Centre Operations Manager for warehousing operations for one of its rapidly expanding High Street and online Retail brands.
Reporting to the Head of Logistics, as Distribution Centre Operations Manager, you will strengthen operations, projects, change management and continuous improvement capabilities. The site is an extremely fast-moving environment, especially as the operation heads to the peak trading period and you will work closely with Transport colleagues as they plan store and online retail/efulfilment deliveries via carriers, working to stringent customer service and operational KPI's.
* Your leadership and planning skills will ensure that you are able to coach and develop your distribution centre/warehouse operations team to deliver results - ensuring all stock is managed and moved efficiently.
* You will lead a large team by setting direction, monitoring, and motivating individuals to exceed objectives whilst ensuring that security, inventory management and safety standards are maintained.
* We are looking for strategic individuals who can drive continuous improvement in productivity, operating costs, and customer satisfaction.
* The ideal candidates will be experienced leaders and people managers with the ability to motivate and drive performance.
* You will also possess extensive knowledge of retail logistics and warehousing operations, online retail and efulfilment, transport and distribution.
* The primary objective of this is to ensure accurate order assembly and despatch to retail stores and to online retail customers in a timely, cost effective and efficient manner.
* The operation is very seasonal but also with lots of promotions and new product launches and you will be adept at building excellent relationships across the supply chain and commercial teams promoting "retail excellence".
* It is essential that you also have some collaborative planning exposure with the ability to work cross functionally across this retail business.
* So, the key emphasis of this role will be to surpass internal and external customer expectations, people development and leadership and proactive continuous improvement of safety, quality and operational productivity and performance.
* Accuracy of stock holding, excellent cost control and budgetary management will be critical to success so you must already be very familiar with compiling and managing budgets and forecasts.
The Ideal Candidate:
* To succeed in this role, you will be of graduate calibre with previous experience of managing a distribution centre/warehouse operations team including significant experience of managing first line managers/supervisors/team leaders, within a FMCG retail warehousing and distribution sector. This could be in house or within a third-party contract logistics company.
* This must include proven people management skills including team development, maximising performance, improving motivation and productivity.
* Proven experience of forecasting and capacity planning in line with budgetary constraints and within a highly seasonal and promotions led environment.
* You will be mature, credible, and comfortable interacting with senior internal and external contacts. Excellent analytical skills, able to resolve complex problems through the identification of long-term solutions covering IT/process change.
* An influential change agent with the capability to facilitate and drive continuous improvement projects cross functionally.
To apply without delay, please send your CV, quoting reference LX 852738