FIELD SERVICE ENGINEERS - South/South East/London/Home Counties
"Electronic/Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Graduates sought by laser and aesthetic equipment manufacturer for Field Service Engineering role covering the South/South East."
£25000 Overtime, Company Vehicle, Bonus Pension & Life Insurance
Location: Field Based South, South East, M25, London, Home Counties
Our client is an award-winning manufacturer of laser and aesthetic equipment, supplying the medical, surgical, and aesthetic industry sectors. As a result of impressive growth our client wishes to expand its Field Service Engineering team with the appointment of two Field Service Engineers to cover the South, South East, Home Counties, London and South Coast region. The role will focus on engineering repair and maintenance and new product installations.
Our client has 1000s of laser systems in the UK installed within hospitals, clinics and beauty salons for a wide range of applications from hair removal, tattoo removal, skin rejuvenation and advanced surgical procedures within the NHS.
The role of Field Service Engineer would suit degree educated Electrical/Electronic and Mechanical Engineers - either via the University or time served Apprenticeship route. Our client will provide full training on its equipment and technology. Candidates must have full clean driving licence and a good geographical knowledge of the South/South East. You must also have a strong customer service mentality and approach as you will be visiting a range of public and private sector locations where the laser and aesthetic machines are installed.
* To ensure that laser and aesthetic equipment is maintained in excellent working condition through scheduled maintenance visits, repair "call out" visits and new product installations.
* Fault finding, electrical testing and optical alignment of lasers and Intense Pulsed Light systems at customer sites and within manufacturing site.
* Responsible for visiting UK based international distributors of the laser and aesthetic equipment to provide support and training. There may be occasional international visits.
* Responsible for the completion of all associated test and inspection sheets and for ensuring that all products conform to the standards set by the Medical Devices Directive.
* Responsible for maintaining full and accurate records of all service visits including installations.
* Responsible for the delivery and collection of products including those for use in demos and exhibitions.
* Responsible for maintaining communication with all end users and for soliciting feedback.
* Responsible for ensuring the correct procedures are followed when equipment or parts are returned for repair or replacement.
The Ideal Candidate
* Educated to university degree level in Engineering (Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical Engineering) or a Science degree gained via the University or Time Served Apprenticeship Route
* Confident personality with a strong customer service ethic. Empathetic and able to build strong relationships with customers and colleagues.
* A logical approach to problem solving, with hands on experience of dealing with tools and technical equipment. This experience could have been gained on the job or within university placements or projects. Our client will offer full and ongoing training as their technology is developing fast.
* Demonstrable initiative and capacity for decision making as you will often be on site on your own although you will have access to a central technical support function too.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* IT literate
* Self sufficient and able to operate autonomously on your own in the field whilst also enjoying be part of a team which regularly meets up.
* Although these roles are predominantly South/South East focused, you will on occasion have to work nationally to cover holidays/sickness and will also have to travel to the North West HQ and manufacturing facility for training.