SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER - SPECIALIST (EPC) ENGINEERING & PROJECTS - HIGH HAZARD/HIGH INTEGRITY ENVIRONMENT
C£58-68000/€68-79500 (DOE) Bonus Excellent Benefits
North West UK or Netherlands or North West Germany
Our client is a global player with the high hazard and high integrity energy and power generation sector. Its portfolio of projects ranges from €50 million to in excess of €500 million. Its Engineering and Projects division supports Group project services across sites in the UK and mainland Europe.
The role of Senior Project Engineer - Specialist Projects forms part of Group Projects and the Project Engineering team. The Senior Project Engineer - Specialist Projects will manage all of the requirements and technical activities for a given specialist project or project scope (relating to Cascade Design & Install, Plant Control Systems, Core Equipment Specialist knowledge or delivery of bespoke R&D projects) aiming at assuring project accuracy, quality and cost control from conception to completion.
The Senior Project Engineer - Specialist (EPC) Project will build and maintain strong client and stakeholder relationships. As Senior Project Engineer - Specialist Projects, your remit will span supplier selection and evaluation, to direct delivery of engineering/design scope for specialist projects.
Therefore, this role will be ideal for a Senior Project Engineer with a solid generalist understanding of a wide range of engineering disciplines, alongside specialist knowledge relating to Cascade Design & Install, Plant Control Systems, Core Equipment specialist knowledge or delivery of bespoke R & D projects enabling the role to deliver integrated design solutions and to oversee engineering at a project level of high complexity.
The role would report to the Manager of the Project Engineering function, and you would be responsible for indirect management of contractors at multiple locations and for budgetary responsibility for engineering contracts up to c€40 million.
The role of Senior Project Engineer - Specialist (EPC) Projects has multiple stakeholders, internal and external customers, interfacing across the whole group and this on occasion may require travel to mainland Europe to assist with projects.
As Senior Project Engineer- Specialist Projects you may be assigned to one project or several packages of work that form part of a large project of strategic importance.
The Ideal Candidate:
* University degree (or equivalent) in Engineering, Project Management, Construction or similar.
* At least five years' experience in a fully accountable technical project engineering role within EPC projects.
* Specialist knowledge in either Cascade design & install, Plant Control Systems, Core Process delivery, bespoke R & D project delivery are a prerequisite for success in this role.
* Full design project lifecycle project engineering experience from concept development, initiation through to closeout/handover.
* Skilled in implementing and delivering engineering/design strategy against project objectives with minimal supervision.
* Proven leadership experience and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
* Demonstrable experience in developing and implementing cost predictability aligning multicultural team members around clear common goals to successfully achieve project objectives ranging from oversight to management by influencing to deliver.
* Demonstrable project engineering experience supporting complex, multi contract, multi discipline EPC project(s).
* Experience of successfully managing contractual relationships with suppliers including provision of free issue materials, technology, or IP.
* Proven track record of contract delivery protecting our client's contractual position whilst preventing the likelihood of claims.
* Skilled in setting standards for documentation, knowledge management and administration ensuring that suppliers meet contractual obligations.
* Strong competence and capability working with teams of high performing professionals accountable for the delivery of projects.
* Additional professional qualifications such as CEng or EUR ING. CDM Principal Designer Representative experience very useful.
* A project management qualification such as APM or PMI or Chartered Project Professional (ChPP) would be highly advantageous.
* Awareness of contracting methodologies such as NEC3, NEC4 etc
* On site construction experience.
Please note that this role is subject to security clearance so if you have security clearance for the UK, Netherlands or Germany please state this clearly on your application.