PROJECT ENGINEERING MANAGERS - (EPC) ENGINEERING & PROJECTS - HIGH HAZARD/HIGH INTEGRITY ENVIRONMENT
C£60-68000/€70-79500 (DOE) Bonus Excellent Benefits
North West UK or Netherlands or North West Germany
Our client is a global player with the high hazard and high integrity energy and power generation sector. Its portfolio of projects ranges from €50 million to in excess of €500 million. Its Engineering and Projects division supports Group project services across sites in the UK and mainland Europe.
The role of Project Engineering Manager (EPC) forms part of Group Projects and Project Engineering. Project Engineering Managers will plan and direct all design and technical resources working on specific projects. They will manage the development, implementation and evaluation of complex designs. This will include overseeing product construction and testing to ensure efficient and effective completion of projects.
The Project Engineering Managers (EPC) will ensure that engineering resource and capability assigned to deliver projects are technically fit for purpose and meet statutory requirements. Your remit will stretch from project engineering and design strategies through to supplier selection and evaluation, to direct delivery of engineering/design scope for selected projects from conception to completion.
Therefore, these roles will be ideal for Project Engineering Managers with solid generalist understanding of a wide range of engineering disciplines, ensuring the management of multiple engineering disciplines to deliver integrated design solutions of a moderate ot high degree of complexity.
Project Engineering Managers will be assigned a portfolio of projects varying in size and complexity, each of strategic significance. Direct reports will range from 1-10 typically degree educated with relevant accreditation with some PhD level educated. In addition, you will be responsible for c10-40 indirect reports from contractors based at multiple UK and pan European locations.
Project specific engineering budgetary responsibility would be in the range €5-50 million.
Project Engineering Managers will have multiple stakeholders, internal and external customers, and will interface across the whole group and this will require travel to mainland Europe to assist with the delivery of multiple projects.
The Ideal Candidates:
* University degree (or equivalent) in Engineering within demonstrable success in engineering management.
* At least five years' experience in a fully accountable technical project engineering leadership role within EPC projects.
* Full design project lifecycle project engineering management experience from concept development, initiation through to closeout/handover.
* Ability to analyse project requirements and critical success factors, translating these into bespoke engineering/design strategies.
* Demonstrable ability to convey the strategy and build a team accountable for delivery of the project.
* Demonstrable experience in developing and implementing cost predictability aligning multicultural team members around clear common goals to successfully achieve project objectives ranging from oversight to management by influencing to deliver.
* Skilled in managing ambiguity and confident to take accountability for creating governance models, resource plans and delivery to meet project requirements.
* Experience of successfully managing contractual relationships with suppliers including provision of free issue materials, technology, or IP.
* Proven track record of contract delivery protecting our client's contractual position whilst preventing the likelihood of claims.
* Skilled in setting standards for documentation, knowledge management and administration ensuring that suppliers meet contractual obligations.
* Demonstrable project engineering management experience supporting complex, multi contract, multi discipline EPC project(s).
* Strong competence and capability working with teams of high performing professionals accountable for the delivery of projects.
* Additional professional qualifications such as CEng or EUR ING. CDM Principal Designer Representative experience very useful.
* A project management qualification such as APM or PMI or Chartered Project Professional (ChPP) would be highly advantageous.
* Awareness of contracting methodologies such as NEC3, NEC4 etc
* On site construction experience.
Please note that this role is subject to security clearance so if you have security clearance for the UK, Netherlands or Germany please state this clearly on your application.