C£75000 Car Allowance Excellent Benefits
Location: East Midlands
Commutable from Northampton, Rugby, Daventry, Crick, Milton Keynes, Luton, Dunstable, Leamington Spa, Bedford, Kettering, Leicester, Coventry, Corby, Banbury, Brackley, Stratford-upon-Avon, Hitchin, Peterborough
A great career development opportunity to join a high growth and key player within the commercial finance sector. Our client is experiencing unprecedented growth and has an ambitious strategic plan which includes significant capital investment and expansion of its operations.
This is a newly created role, and you will report to the Managing Director and also the Chief Financial Officer.
This role would suit an experienced graduate calibre, CIMA.ACA/ACCA/ACMA or equivalent, commercially focused Finance Business Partner ready to take the step to Finance Director. You will provide proactive and comprehensive financial support, advice, and guidance to Senior Management. You will also manage all aspects of day-to-day financial management including financial control, cost and margin assurance, financial planning, and analysis. You will also apply your financial management and frameworks expertise throughout the full financial cycle.
A creative and practical problem solver you will have a continuous improvement approach and excellent time management skills. You will be adept at managing strict deadlines with minimal supervision, operating within a dynamic and high growth environment and will demonstrate excellent reporting, presentation, interpersonal and relationship building skills. In summary, a trusted business partner and a key member of the Senior Executive team.
- As a member of the Senior Executive Team provide insight, influence, and support business decision making, linking key performance metrics with financial impacts, and working collaboratively to provide value adding outputs.
- Delivery of month end accounts and production of timely analytical reports providing actionable, commercially relevant insights.
- Provide clear recommendations on the balance of profitability and customer service quality.
- Providing financial support for strategic and tactical commercial decisions, challenging assumptions, and providing commercial appraisal, 'what-if' financial modelling and other ad-hoc financial requests.
- Deliver effective internal controls over all financial systems which comply with financial control standards and best practice.
- Lead initiatives to drive operational improvements within the business.
- Assist in the development of new business cases and deliver strategic insight into new business opportunities and investment appraisal.
- Assist the business with budgeting and quarterly forecasting process.
- Develop and deliver presentations to audiences ranging from business line stakeholders to executives.
- Work closely with business leaders to perform KPI analysis and provide recommendation on risk and opportunity.
- Participate in the development of management reports to support business decisions.
- Lead and develop a continuous improvement ethos with the objective to creating and maintain appropriate methods and procedures within the team.
- Respond to financial inquiries by gathering and interpreting data.
- Support and develop all related costing report & analysis.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Drive and initiative to manage the finance function and contribute to the growth of the business.
- Excellent leadership and management skills and experience.
- Problem solver with ability to have tough conversations.
- Highly effective communicator with strong written and verbal communication capability.
- A qualified accountant with several years post qualification experience in Commercial Finance and Business Partnering roles.
- Must have experience in finance operational roles and demonstrate an ability to integrate and work closely with non-financial counterparts in a leadership capacity.
- Enthusiastic, dynamic finance professional with a positive attitude and excellent communication skills.
- Proactive self-starter and results orientated.
- Have an attention to detail that improves forecast integrity, balanced with the ability to see the financial plan in total to be able to articulate the business strategy.
- Ability to challenge and influence senior management and team.
- Embraces change and enjoys the challenge of working in a fast-paced environment.
For confidential discussion, please email your CV quoting reference LX1111928 Telephone 01905 381 320 www.martinveasey.com